More Hero Tiles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

Has anyone put any movement to bieng able to select what the hero looks like ( selected by the means of item/weapon sprites ) So that you could change the way youre hero looks when he/she attacks or defends? Is this already possbile or something? I need to do something like this because my quest has a part where the heros soul is combined with a good soul ( hes evil at the moment ) and becomes good... kinda like cecil from ff4... yeah... icon_freak.gif

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:10 PM

in the private betas, there's something called the 'Link Tile Mod', which changes Link's sprite when you get a new item. unfortunatley, it dosen't affect holding, swimming, or attacking sprites

#3 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:42 PM

I think you can change the way your hero does many things. However, I think it's permanent.

#4 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

If anyone's interested in drawing a whole new hero, I need a martial artist with black hair. For Some Reason I cna never get it right.

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:18 AM

Request it in a new topic in Developer's Excahnge, Hapkido Master. icon_wink.gif

Lnik tile mods = icon_drool.gif So, attacking stays the same. icon_frown.gif! Well, at least I'll be able to make whole new sprites for shields! icon_biggrin.gif

Ahem, yes... you will need 1.93 to do that. You could make a new set of sprites and have them as the mirror shield or some otehr item to change Link's look.

I've had ideas of switching characters and I've been looking forward to this...

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

An idea I had for switching character identities, or at least character colors, is based off of Nick's (I think it was his idea, anyway.) idea of using Color-Cycling to change the appearance of your Character. (Or, again, at least their colors. icon_razz.gif )

What I had in mind, is an event similar in construction to that of Majora's Mask's Link & Kafei sidequest. You and a similarly structured sidekick of some sort will alternate, solving puzzles together. I'll definitely be using this in Wish somewhere. icon_wink.gif icon_biggrin.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:48 PM

ZC Ninja, a lot of people are are mentioning the alphas and weird techniques, but the information that most applies to you is about the shield tiles. If you give your hero a new shield, you can use the left/right-walk and down-walk tiles for whatever appearances you want. However, up-walk and all the other sprites stay the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users