Photo

Is anything planned for Zelda Classic's 20th anniversary?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

(I'd bet no one here know what these mean without using google)

You're underestimating how woke I am

• Daniel likes this

#17 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:52 AM

Ooooh. I could do these things, in 2.55 easily, because I added access to the local RTC in ZScript.

Great! Let's do some! :)

I like the 'play as Zelda to rescue Link' idea on International Women's day. So I'd just write a script to set the LTM or something? We'd need access to the date though. Here's some c code to get local time:

time_t rawtime;
time (&rawtime);
struct tm * t = localtime (&rawtime);

//t.tm_mday - day
//t.tm_mon - month
//etc..
The first one is a teensy bit of disinfo (just spit-balling at the time) so it should be something like "VENUS77" or maybe a whole bunch of possible strings. Whatever.

More ideas:
-Play as J. Craner on his Birthday.
-GOD - start with all items.
-WEAK - Can not gain HP.
-RICH - start with 255 rupees.

Have to think about it some more.

You're underestimating how woke I am

Heh.. Sorry, didn't mean it like that. So that's one down, seven billion to go then! :P

I've always found that term strange. Mostly because a lot of the people that use it are completely clueless. Not that I'm implying anything by that, of course. But there are people that use that term that think Trump is the savior of mankind, yada yada.. you get the picture. let me put it this way: I stopped paying any and all taxes almost 20 years ago. I haven't had cable since 2003, and the only reason I had it then was because I stole it from my neighbors since 2000. :D

#18 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:16 AM

Great! Let's do some! :)

I like the 'play as Zelda to rescue Link' idea on International Women's day. So I'd just write a script to set the LTM or something? We'd need access to the date though. Here's some c code to get local time:

time_t rawtime;
time (&rawtime);
struct tm * t = localtime (&rawtime);

//t.tm_mday - day
//t.tm_mon - month
//etc..
The first one is a teensy bit of disinfo (just spit-balling at the time) so it should be something like "VENUS77" or maybe a whole bunch of possible strings. Whatever.

More ideas:
-Play as J. Craner on his Birthday.
-GOD - start with all items.
-WEAK - Can not gain HP.
-RICH - start with 255 rupees.

Have to think about it some more.

Heh.. Sorry, didn't mean it like that. So that's one down, seven billion to go then! :P

I've always found that term strange. Mostly because a lot of the people that use it are completely clueless. Not that I'm implying anything by that, of course. But there are people that use that term that think Trump is the savior of mankind, yada yada.. you get the picture. let me put it this way: I stopped paying any and all taxes almost 20 years ago. I haven't had cable since 2003, and the only reason I had it then was because I stole it from my neighbors since 2000. :D

Did you miss the part where I said that ZScript can read the Real-Time Clock?

Game->GetSystemTime(int type), where type is year, month, day (of the year, month, or week), hour, minute, second. This should be entirely system universal.

int FFScript::getTime(int type)
{
	//struct tm *tm_struct = localtime(time(NULL));
	struct tm * tm_struct;
	time_t sysRTC;
	time (&sysRTC);
	tm_struct = localtime (&sysRTC);
	int rval = -1;

switch(type)
	{
		case curyear:
		{
			//Year format starts at 1900, yeat
			//A raw read of '2018' would be '118', so we add 1900 to it to derive the actual year. 
			rval = tm_struct->tm_year + 1900; break;

}
		case curmonth:
		{
			//Months start at 0, but we want 1->12
			//al_trace("The current month is: %d\n",month);
			rval = tm_struct->tm_mon +1; break;
		}
		case curday_month:
		{
			rval = tm_struct->tm_mday; break;
		}
		case curday_week: 
		{
			//It seems that weekdays are a value range of 1 to 7.
			rval = tm_struct->tm_wday; break;
		}
		case curhour:
		{
			rval = tm_struct->tm_hour; break;
		}
		case curminute: 
		{
			rval = tm_struct->tm_min; break;
		}
		case cursecond:
		{
			rval = tm_struct->tm_sec; break;
		}
		case curdayyear:
		{
			//The day (n/365) out of the entire year. 
			rval = tm_struct->tm_yday; break;
		}
		case curDST:
		{
			//Returns if the user is in a Time Zone with Daylight TIme of some sort. 
			//View the time.h docs for the actual values of this struct element.
			rval = tm_struct->tm_isdst;; break;
		}
		default: 
		{
			al_trace("Invalid category passed to GetSystemTime(%d)\n",type);
			rval = -1;  break;
		}

}
	return rval;
}

All of that can be shoved into one hero script for 1st/2nd. I have one name-based egg in 2.53 and 2.55, now, that gives unlimited money. 

TileMod would probably be the easiest way to do it, and that's easy to edit, as you can change the tile modifier of any item by script now, so, we could set a specific LTM on the small shield, and large shield based on any given condition, from the hero init script.

-ENTITLED - start with all items.

• Anthus likes this

#19 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

Yeah
  • Hergiswi, Skipper and WhippyBoi like this

#20 Sparkrulean

Sparkrulean

Paladin

• Members

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

I was wondering if anyone would recognize the name. And good question, I am not very active but last I know JoshSim has a new name (don’t remember) and I haven’t seen anything about HappyMan in like a decade.

Oh hello.
  • Daniel likes this

#21 מיידה

מיידה

• Members

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:44 AM

Alright. We have a very important issue that I would like to cover. We do not have the first version of Zelda Classic. Despite the website saying "1.0", there were versions before it. I remember the oldest playable being 0.64, where it was finished up until level 9. Since the history tab is now broken, and nobody has done anything about it, I made my own thread about it here: https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=75117 Anyways, we need to go hunting through the archives and find what is the oldest downloadable version, since, according to Phantom Menace, there was a public version before 1.0, and that was 0.94. Please, help me find this, and while we are at it, we need to find the oldest version of Zquest. A final issue is the oldest quest, since before PureZC, there was a website on Armageddon Games back in 2001 that stated the older quests. Please, check out the thread and help me out!

The archive of the original quest DB: https://web.archive....eddongames.com/
The post claiming the newest public build: https://web.archive..../archives.shtml

Picture of a version that might be lost: https://web.archive....gui_640x480.gif

a bigger demo quest."[/size][/background]

Edited by מיידה, 28 May 2019 - 01:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users