Lettuce is so stupid

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:29 PM

Iceberg lettuce is the dumbest "vegetable" there is. It's basically crunchy water , except it's not useful like ice is and it ruins the texture of anything around it. Now romaine lettuce is an idiot and got E. coli. "Green leaf lettuce?" How about a better name? You think you're better than kale, or spinach? Have you ever even heard of arugula? They're all leafy greens too, except they actually taste good and provide some useful nutrients. Lettuce is such a waste of time all around.

• Rambly, rexlaninetales, Anthus and 4 others like this

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:43 PM

Lettuce partake in civil discourse.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

You forgot boston lettuce, you Massachusettsan.  As the lettuce season transitions from California to Arizona, we should soon be fine with the romaine lettuce until the next outbreak.  So we can temporarily enjoy our caesar salad again.  But lettuce not continue down this road.

• Jared likes this

#4 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

Meh, I like iceberg lettuce.

Although I also like the flavour of water, plain oats, and unseasoned pasta, so what do I know.

• Lightwulf likes this

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Although I also like the flavour of water, plain oats, and unseasoned pasta, so what do I know.

My favorite flavour - "nothing"! I do like iceberg lettuce, though. It's a good veggie.

#6 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

It's not that they don't have a flavour (and not that I dislike things with a flavour), but when you stop thinking of certain things as having no flavour and instead think of them as having a very very mild flavour, then food becomes more enjoyable.

• Lightwulf likes this

#7 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

But eating lettuce makes me feel good about myself  (and also helps me pretend that my eating is healthy) :(

#8 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

lettuce contain vitamin K, so is not useless, It has little flavor but with the right seasoning it can be better.

I don't like eat it alone, but whit a steak, so K and B12 in the same dish and is good too.

• Lightwulf likes this

#9 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

real talk lettuce has like the least pleasant texture of all the leafy greens and has no flavor -- my girlfriend swears that lettuce has a disgusting scent and while i don't notice it i definitely believe it, on account of the fact that it is a rotting shit plant

i don't even eat lettuce anymore because all it does is fuck up sandwiches with its overpowering texture. like biting into a sandwich with lettuce on it is just like "OOPS!!!! I'VE GOT YOUR ATTENTION NOW AND GUESS YOU'RE BITING INTO SOME BULLSHIT", as opposed to other vegetables which are happy to just complement whatever thing you're eating with their deliciousness

iceberg is whatever but shredded romaine is the absolute worst. what the fuck is the point. the texture is mildly off-putting and it has no flavor. if i wanted something with the texture of shredded romaine i'd cut up some paper and run it under the sink and put that on a sandwich or taco. it'd have just as much flavor, it'd be just a better source of fiber, and there's like no risk of e. coli

hey lettuce, you know what other leafy greens contain vitamin K?  like all of them bitch (in fact kale and spinach have more vitamin K)

i had arugula once and it was the shit.  it has this cool mildly peppery flavor.  also the british call it "garden rocket" which, whoah.  the texture of kale owns and spinach made popeye all strong or whatever and it tastes good.  go to hell lettuce

(also i like unseasoned pasta too, i actually think that shit is delicious)

• rexlaninetales likes this

#10 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

I prefer some of the other greens rather than assberg lettuce. Spinach, kale and arugula are favorites.

#11 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

You should leaf Lettuce alone. Lettuce is okay, but I agree that other greens are better (especially Rocket). Anyway, lettuce agree that Lettuce is definitely one of the weaker vegetables.

• ShadowTiger and Shane like this

#12 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Meh, I'm not a big fan of rocket.

Iceberg lettuce is the only one I can eat without anything else, although all of them taste much better as part of a larger whole. Spinach is good, though.

• Lightwulf likes this

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

I think Rocket is what we call Arugula here, but lettuce not forget why we are here. To recognize iceberg lettuce for what it is: a ranch dressing ferry.

• Lightwulf likes this

#14 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

To recognize iceberg lettuce for what it is: a ranch dressing ferry.

would you believe me if i told you i don't really like ranch dressing either, esp not as a salad dressing

i'll occasionally dip french fries into it but otherwise bleh
  • ShadowTiger and Anthus like this

#15 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:30 AM

Why bother with lettuce when you could be eating spinach?

• SpikeReynolds likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users