things for ZC/ZQ 3.0

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hi guys,i was working on a game when i relised it is very hard to make a bridge where you can go over and under it,so i thought of some other ideas that could be in zelda classic 3.0.

#1-bridge type combo,this would be ether a screen flag or a combo type,it would let you walk over and under a bridge type combo,or it could if it was a screen flag,could just do a basic set up of a bridge.

#2-faster tile making,this would be a new function in zelda classic,it would let you right mouse click a tile in the tile bar of the right of the screen and edit the tile,letting you make tiles faster.

#3-pit block,this combo type would be a pit that did the link fall animation and teliports you to the first entry of the screen,though it is possible to make other ways i think it would be good to have a pit combo other then a warp.

#4-new room types,these would be just default rooms that had lttp tile graphics....

#5-big screen screen flag,this would double the size of the screen for bigger rooms and more areas to explore.

#6-enemie editor enemy help,this would give you a simple description of what the enemy would do.

#7-version 1.92 ZQ editor,this would make the functions like the ones in 2.10 or 1.92,but it would let you exit to go back to version 2.5 functions.

#8-Dmap midi player,all this would be is a button in the Dmap midi section that lets you here the current midi so you can find the one you want.

#9-in game mini games,this would let you make a simple game in the game,like a simple video game.

#10-in game transportation,this would be just simple ways of travel,like epona,or a train,things like that

#11-........your ideas,feel free to post your 3.0 Zelda classic ideas,i like to read them so....post on

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

You don't need #4... You could make or get your own LttP style graphics
For #6, you may have a problem because of custom enemies. would you put in your own help for that? Also, it's spelt 'enemy'.

Still. Here are my thoughts:

Pegasus boots. We need them.
Bomb Arrows. I've said it before, but these'd be awesome

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

i like the ideas,and i have a lttp tileset but it is to big so that is why there would be a room with lttp sets,and i dont know who would put in the help....i would but it would take a long time,but it would be helpful for sure

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Tooth Gleeok. All the Tooth Gleeok.

Anyways, I think having more options for the string editor would be cool, like the ability to import fonts and maybe even spelling and grammar check options.

Edit: Also multiplayer. Multiplayer would be sweet!

Edited by Moosh, 03 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

ALTTP default screen scrolling, that way you don't get stuck with the original Zelda room space. (Kinda like Coolgamer012345 said).
This could be a screen flag, or it could be a quest rule, something like that.

Default script helper, where this little tool gives you some basic tutorials or "corrects" a script, kinda like Microsoft Word, where misspelled words are underlined in red.

Bigger subscreen editor, that allows you to have more subscreen space, and allows you to make subscreens like the oracle series (Inventory, Misc, and Essences) I hope you understand what I meant to say.

And, I'm out of ideas, but these would be cool for the next Zelda Classic version.

#6 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

There's a similar topic here - http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=56096

I'd basically like all of the items that were in the other games implemented without the use of scripting. Better bosses too, even if just the LTTP/LA/Oracle ones get added for us to modify.

#7 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

i like all the ideas,also i have no clue about things about the oricle games but i take all your words

#8 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

What I would like:

1) A quest rule that enables z3 screen scrolling.
2) A new type of flag that when placed on the screen stops the camera from going past that tile. For instance, if you put the flags around the edge of a screen it would act just like zelda 1's camera perspective. Or you could put them around the edges of a large area and just have it act like A Link to the Past.
3)Larger variety of items. Shovel, Pegasus Boots, Spears, Axs, Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, Light Arrows, iron boots, Sling Shot, Playable Oarina, and even more.
4) Ice combos that you can slip on.
5) Under water areas.
6) Dirrerent modes of transportation. Horse, Boat, Train, and Flight.
7) More enemy types. Chu Chu, Bublin, Modern Darknuts, Poes, Lizalflos, Slalfos, and much much more.
icon_cool.gif Enemies larger than one by one.
9) More boss types.
10) Smarter enemy AI along with DarkLink.
11) More enemy projectiles and more customizable enemies in general.
12) A quest rule that allows at least double the amount of pixels per tile.
13) A trading, collecting system similar to Phantom Hour Glass. Would contain conter items like Chu jelly or peahat feathers. You could then trade those for items.
14) More customizable items in general.
15) Easier placing of FFC.
16) Maybe even Multiplayer?
17) And upgrading everything in general.

-Strike

EDIT: Why can't I write an 8 without it doing that? icon_cool.gif

Edited by strike, 03 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

1) Z3 scrolling.
2) Improved side-view function.
3) Proper solid FFCs.
4) Expanded number of Csets.
5) More features in the enemy/subscreen editors.
    a) 2x2 or bigger enemies, more weapons, actual sword slashing enemies.
    b) Bigger items, animating tiles.
6) Easier multiple bottle method.
7) Sounds, such as swimming through water, crumbling floors.
8) Making enemies fly diagonal when hitting them from a diagonal from their position, like in GB.

#10 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

The biggest feature I want in ZC 3.0 is for the devs to take a damn long break from ZC before they start on it. I might never forgive them otherwise. icon_blah.gif

#11 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Feb 4 2013, 02:31 AM) View Post

The biggest feature I want in ZC 3.0 is for the devs to take a damn long break from ZC before they start on it. I might never forgive them otherwise. icon_blah.gif

Yes.

However I would want z3 scrolling, more implemented items and bosses, bigger enemies, and better more in depth guides to scripting that talk about more than basic FFC and item scripts.

#12 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(strike' d.ate='Feb 4 2013, 12:11 AM) View Post

4) Ice combos that you can slip on.

I would like those too, but there should be two kinds.
One-your traction is reduced, so when you turn you still go on in the original direction slightly
Two-Pokemon style ice. Stand on it and it will blast you as far as possible until you hit a wall or get off the ice.

Settings in the Enemy editor which depend on Link's settings (e.g. HP=Link's HP etc.). Also, an enemy weapon, "Link's". These would be able to make a functional Dark Link
Also, with the enemies, They need to make Zoras not automatically be a 'non beatable enemy'. Otherwise you can't make it mandatory to kill them

#13 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

1) Make it plug directly into my brain so ZC 3.0 can play me. icon_eek.gif

2) Instead of 3.0 lets invent an advanced AI based on Zelda so in the future we can generate electricity for machines by laying in pods and playing virtual Zelda. Everybody wins!

3) ...Also better physics and no fixed "anything" for all player, enemy, and object types. Get rid of FFCs, Dmaps, and combos altogether.

#14 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ok i don't want to be rood but please be realistic,we cant get rid of Dmaps or combos and we need scripts,even if some don't know how to make them.....

#15 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ok i don't want to be rood but please be realistic,we cant get rid of Dmaps or combos and we need scripts,even if some don't know how to make them.....

icon_lol.gif

He was joking! Really? Matrix doesn't ring a bell? icon_smile.gif

-Strike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users