• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Aug 18 2012, 08:45 PM) View Post

Well...I've already got the first bug. Looks like it wasn't fixed when I mentioned it in the last thread...

IPB Image IPB Image

As you can see, Link can still swim over solid tiles.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the brown tile means that it's a water combo with a solid combo on it. (on another layer):
http://img833.images...0/zelda003c.png
Those are the ones he can swim over, even though they are indeed solid.

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 14 2012, 12:39 PM) View Post

All right. I'm pretty sure that's the correct behavior, since it's normally the combo type on layer 0 that takes precedence. In any case, it's been that way at least since 2.10, which makes it hard to change now. (Plus, of course, making changes to walkability handling is really hard, especially where water's involved.)

So yeah, not technically a bug. What you can do though is do what LTM said, or just make it completely solid, with no water on layer zero at all. Why does there need to be water on layer 0 anyways?

#17 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Aug 18 2012, 11:44 PM) View Post
Actually, if anything, will it ever be mentioned within the enemies editor page how to copy enemies? Right now the method isn't the simplest to discover on our own.

It'll go in zquest.txt, presumably. But I do intend to at least try to make it simpler, preferably with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. We'll see, though; it would've been done that way in the first place if it were easy. icon_razz.gif

#18 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 18 2012, 11:50 PM) View Post

Why does there need to be water on layer 0 anyways?

Because the other two layers are the grass/water transition and then the mountain. They can't exactly be switched.

#19 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Aug 18 2012, 10:54 PM) View Post
Because the other two layers are the grass/water transition and then the mountain. They can't exactly be switched.
I would just make a second water combo for it, then. It's annoying, I guess, but it's just one combo. icon_shrug.gif

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Eh, you're right. I'll just make a new set of (None) "Water" combos. icon_smile.gif

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Guardian @ Aug 18 2012, 08:54 PM) View Post

Make a combo that looks like water, but doesn't have a combo type and is fully solid. Put that on layer 0. There you go, problem solved.

Edit: Dang you both for ninja'ing me.

#22 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

So I'm counting my lucky stars that RC4 came out the same day that I lost all my save data!

Seriously though, I can't believe it's out! (inb4 fatal bugs)

#23 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Now its (maybe) (not a chance) (six years wait) soon 2.5. Nice that this came out!

#24 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Damn it! Why couldn't this come out yesterday D:, *Was on broadband Yesterday*...*Now on Dial-up today*.
This'll take a while to download...
Anyway this is so awesome that this came out /)^3^(\ Thanks ZC Developers icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Finally got it... Man took like 4 hours. Man my internet was sucking something awful this morning <_<.

Edited by Ventus, 19 August 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Great! Thanks for all the hard work you have done already!

Now, will there be any problems if I use this version for my quest that I have started in RC3, 2, or 1?

#26 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Awesome to see a new release! icon_biggrin.gif

However, I think I found a bug. This was with a clean config file. Enhanced music doesn't seem to play in ZQuest. ):

#27 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Aug 19 2012, 02:56 PM) View Post
Now, will there be any problems if I use this version for my quest that I have started in RC3, 2, or 1?

Nope, it should work fine. Just don't try and go back afterward.

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Aug 19 2012, 08:39 PM) View Post
However, I think I found a bug. This was with a clean config file. Enhanced music doesn't seem to play in ZQuest. ):

Huh. Probably an issue with the long filename fix, but I'm sure I tested that...
Oh, well. I'll get it fixed.

#28 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I probably should have posted about this in the last version's thread. anyway, there is an issue that bothers me that is either a compatibility issue or a change in the way that hitboxes for tile combos operate. I will explain it, but it is extremely easy to see for yourself by loading HowHigh and moving to the left one or two steps from where the player starts the quest. the hero immediately contacts the edge of a tree that was designed to hurt and bump when touched on the nose. one should only be able to activate this from the front, walking up from below the tree, centered to contact only the snout. currently (and in 2.50(3), at least, but also possibly in other versions), touching the side of the tree hurts. the hurt spots were supposed to be the two middle selectable sections of the bottom four contact areas of the 2x2 tile combo set. it seems to have made the whole bottom row into ouchy spots. the corners were not intended to be hurtful and they were not so in 1.90. in 1.90, the root legs of the tree tiles could be contacted (not walked on, they are set as unwalkable) without causing damage. the tree has sixteen points of selectable contact. all except the middle two along the bottom were set to be unwalkable. those middle two along the bottom were set to be walkable and damaging. I think I have described the issue well, but I will also attempt to diagram it. if the diagram doesn't make immediate sense, the best way to observe the phenomenon I am trying to portray would be to load the HowHigh quest file and walk left. anyway, here is a diagram:

tree:

[u/n] [u/n] [u/n] [u/n]
[u/n] [u/n] [u/n] [u/n]
[u/n] [u/n] [u/n] [u/n]
[u/n] [w/h] [w/h] [u/n]

u=unwalkable
n=nonhurting
w=walkable
h=hurting

the parts that are underlined are not functioning as I expect them to.

Edited by trudatman, 21 August 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#29 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm still having that problem with enemies running off the top of the screen, but this time they loop around and reappear on the bottom. O_O

I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on. I'll send you the questfile if needed.

#30 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, that'd probably help. I could never reproduce that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users