Photo

Two Week Contest!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

I'm sure we're fairly familliar with the idea of a two week contest, but for those of you new to this, here's the basic idea: You want to make a quest within a two week period and submit it to me to be pitted against other people's two week quests. Each variation of the contest had had their own way of picking their winners, so here's how I'll be handling this (Thanks Sheik icon_wink.gif)

Once I get all the submissions, I'll give each on their own thread with a poll, allowing you to rate them from one to ten, much like the expo. Once the voting is over, I'll take all the numbers and that'll be the community's score. Please be fair: I'll be asking that you play at least a third of the quest before voting. (It'd be nice if you played the whole thing though icon_wink.gif)

I'll also be having a few judged play through each of the quests, and have them make a list of their favorites, which will add to the quests' score.

Once all is said and done, I'll tally all the points together, and we'll have ourselves a victor! icon_biggrin.gif

Now for the rules:
- A minimum of a 4x4 overworld, maximum of 8x16
- A minimum of 3 dungeons, maximum of 5 dungeons

I don't think I need to restate what was already said, so I'm just going to post the due date and who has confirmed their still in this:

Deadline: Tuesday, February 23rd

Contestants
Russ
Sheik and Joe123
Alestance
Nuvo
Nightmeres
Silver

If you're participating still, let me know so I can re-update this.

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

2.10? or can I do 2.50 too?

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

I'll join. I actually have an idea in mind.

#4 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Might join...but I'm too much of a perfectionist.

#5 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

I want to, but no promises. I also have the question Alestance has.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm in for sure...I have an awesome idea.

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

The maximum one BS-Overworld is ment for the playable overworld, right? Because I need some overworld for some cutscene bevore the actual game starts.
Also, that rule should be breakable if multiple screens are needed for some custom bosses or whatever.

I am offically signing up for the 2-week-conest!; The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Aurelia will be designed with my improoved and customized Pure Remembrance tileset. This quest will feature one of the most surrealistic settings ever pulled off in ZC.
I already made a screen and submitted it to SotW 282 the other day, but that may very well be the base for the quest. So you get a preview there icon_wink.gif

Edited by Sheik, 31 January 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

I will sign up. Now, please, can you up the limit of the overworld? I would very much like the maximum to be 16x8.

#8 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

If I could use 2.5, I have an epic idea to use. I'll not use any AZCEMS midis though, so it doesn't sound too bad when you play it. icon_razz.gif

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jan 31 2010, 11:40 PM) View Post

If I could use 2.5, I have an epic idea to use. I'll not use any AZCEMS midis though, so it doesn't sound too bad when you play it. icon_razz.gif

I will build the quest in a 2.5. beta. After all, the other 2-weeks-contest(s?) had 2.5.b quests, too.

#10 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

Well my quest skills are still not fully fledged, so I'll use old 2.10 probably (if I submit). A nice simple quest may be a fun diversion from my current project, which I am not quite able to reveal publically.

#11 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Blaman @ Jan 31 2010, 03:06 PM) View Post

Now for the rules:
- A minimum of a 4x4 overworld, maximum of a BS overworld
- A minimum of 3 dungeons, maximum of 5 dungeons

And that's about it. I don't like to restrict stuff like tilesets and whatnot, so you're free to do what you want otherwise.

I'm fairly certain that the ZC version falls into the "whatnot" area. >_>

In any case, tentatively count me in. I'm getting back into Zelda Classic- finally.

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm on my PSP, so this'll be short. 2.5 : OK. Cutscene/custom bosses dont count to screen counts. Ill make a bette post when I have time.

EDIT: Back on my computer.

Yes, 2.5 is fine.

Custom Bosses and Cutscene does NOT count toward screen counts.

QUOTE(Furion @ Jan 31 2010, 05:22 PM) View Post

I will sign up. Now, please, can you up the limit of the overworld? I would very much like the maximum to be 16x8.

You really want to make such a big overworld? I suppose there's no harm in bumping the maximum a bit, so if you want, go ahead. icon_wink.gif

I'm about to edit the main post by adding those who have signed-up. I may give it a shot myself, but just for kicks I won't actually submit it into the competition. icon_razz.gif

I'm thinking about starting this contest soon, but I'll be nice and let y'all prepare a little. icon_wink.gif

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Sure, I'll try. I've been dying to make something decent with the BS Tileset for a while, just haven't had the incentive to let me. Let's just hope my teachers don't bombard me with 6 projects in a week again.

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Added. icon_smile.gif

I think I've got enough people participating that I can give a solid start day. The official starting day will be Tuesday, February 2nd. So, in two days. The ending day will be Tuesday, February 16th. Between now and the starting day, as I've said, you're free to prepare your tile set, get your scripts together or any thing else. You just can't actually start building the quest.

I hope this is good for everyone. icon_smile.gif

#15 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

I'll sign up. I don't really understand the concepts of scripting, so don't expect too much from me. I have a pretty generic idea on what to do, though. This should be fun. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users