Contest

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

Just finished the last non-credits theme. Can't say when I'll be done that one - a bunch of tests/exams coming up for me - but I'll have it done fairly soon, hopefully, and submit it.

EDIT: Would it be a good idea to send a sample quest which uses the music in context along with sending the music files themselves?

Edited by klop422, 21 March 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#47 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Just finished the last non-credits theme. Can't say when I'll be done that one - a bunch of tests/exams coming up for me - but I'll have it done fairly soon, hopefully, and submit it.

EDIT: Would it be a good idea to send a sample quest which uses the music in context along with sending the music files themselves?

Please do. You can post it in the thread, unless you desire to keep it private. If that is the case, the Official ZC Discord Server is the best medium. (PM only as a last resort.)

#48 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

I've started the ending/credits theme. Should be done fairly soon (it's going along swimmingly), and then I can MIDIfy the soundtrack as well. Should all be done within a month, I hope.

#49 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

So, is this still a thing that's happening? Because I've been working on this for a while. Technically, the quest part of it is on hiatus, but Silver Dreams uses the same assets, so I've still been working on the set. Just been taking forever because I'm not the world's best spriter.

#50 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

If it is still going, I'll just update to say that I finished the credits theme (I've got more to say about it, but that'll happen when I upload it) and a test quest (though I may polish that up a little), but haven't MIDIfied everything because of a lack of motivation. I'll probably get back on that soon(ish). Should most likely be done by August at the latest.

#51 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Ah, good. Just finished up some goblin sprites. May need some help getting them shaded, cuz they don't QUITE fit with Koten (if I'm being honest, none of my sprites really do. Koten's a tough set to match the art style of), but they make for excellent generic walking enemies. Once I'm a little more satisfied with how they look, I'll post them up here

#52 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

So, here are the little gobbies, as I've got them, currently. They could be worse, I suppose, but they need work, IMO.
JuTjVFt.png
Regarding palette structure, I personally favor having light, medium and dark groupings within each CSet
vsrJRKE.png
It's worked well, for me, but I can see why others may not care for it.
Edit: This structure basically allows you to use any tile in any CSet (minus 2, 3, and 4 if it's not environment based, and 6) since they all have the same basic structure

Edited by Binx, 28 June 2018 - 01:08 AM.

• Aevin likes this

#53 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

....I recall someone working on a "drawn" style tileset a while ago, but I don't remember. I think it may have been Trudatman?

Stick Zelda tiles?  Sticks And Stones is not canceled, so it could be a tileset some day.

• Anthus likes this

#54 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:18 AM

I'd like to ask everyone who is contributing this so far to send their stuff to the database so that more people can see and use it, so that it will be remixed and built upon. Also, I'd like to ask @ZoriaRPG to please make this the discussion topic for the open project, and to have a separate thread only for submissions/retouch to the open-source initiative and not discussion so that there is a thread people can look at and know what has been done so far on the project if they want to expand any of it.

#55 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

Don't worry, when my stuff is done, I will publish it (as well as the famitracker file and all the MIDI files, maybe even all the .sib files if I feel like it, though I do question whether that will be useful (since Sibelius, the program I use to make MIDIs, is proprietary - I also use it to write classical music, which is why I bother with it at all)).

Issue is, it's not done, so there's no point. That said, if Zoria wants to publish the unfinished version that I sent him in a pm, he can go ahead. I just don't see a point.
  • Binx likes this

#56 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

P-Tux, you've gotta be patient. All of this stuff WILL be published to the database. When it's done. Until then, you're going to have to sit tight and wait. We're not getting paid to do this, it'll be done when it's done.

#57 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Don't worry, when my stuff is done, I will publish it (as well as the famitracker file and all the MIDI files, maybe even all the .sib files if I feel like it, though I do question whether that will be useful (since Sibelius, the program I use to make MIDIs, is proprietary - I also use it to write classical music, which is why I bother with it at all)).

Issue is, it's not done, so there's no point. That said, if Zoria wants to publish the unfinished version that I sent him in a pm, he can go ahead. I just don't see a point.

If Zelda-themed tiles are usable even if they're proprietary, then I don't see why not to include proprietary file formats.

#58 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

But Zelda-themed tiles AREN'T allowed.

#59 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

If Zelda-themed tiles are usable even if they're proprietary, then I don't see why not to include proprietary file formats.

Proprietary Data Format

Ben means that, without that specific programme, you can't open them.

I wouldn't mind having the base sequences though.

#60 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

Yeah - I had a lot more planned for my credits theme, and I left that in the file (maybe as a kind of bonus version of the theme? - it'll make more sense if you see the file), so that at least would be useful to have.

With the .sib files (which I don't believe you can open with other programs, though I do believe there are converters to make them into other files usable with open engraving software, for example Lilypond), the MIDI files are likely also just as useful to anyone. The score (i.e. the .sib file) is really only useful if you want to see what I was thinking (and what insane keys I briefly ended up in) while creating it. That said, I don't think Avid cares about distribution of user-created files, just that most people here (I assume, since not many here appear to be composers, and even fewer appear to be classical composers, and even fewer appear to be based in Europe (not sure if we have any classical composers on here based in Europe, tbh)) don't have Sibelius, and so wouldn't be able to use the files.

I'll think about adding them when I upload.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users