Triforce Frame

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:27 PM

I am working on making a Triforce Frame for my newest quest but I don't get how to do it so any help would be appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

Well, a triforce frame isn't too changeable. It pretty much has to be exactly the same format as the regular one. I advise editting it for you likeness.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Oct 30 2004, 04:58 PM)
Well, a triforce frame isn't too changeable. It pretty much has to be exactly the same format as the regular one. I advise editting it for you likeness.

Wait 'til you see what I've done with mine. icon_wink.gif

You can do whatever you want with the Triforce frame within these guidelines:

1. The triforce-item pieces have to fit together in the same triangle formation that the original does.
2. The triforce-item pieces must each be designed such that they can be flipped horizontally and vertically to fit the spots they're assigned to. That means they must still look good backwards and upside-down.
3. The menu icon for each triforce-item piece must use only the triangular bottom-right half of the tile; otherwise they'll overlap when placed on the frame.

As for the frame itself, use the default Triforce as a model to see where the pieces are placed. You can use any constant CSet you like: 0, 1, 5, or 7 through 11 (you can use 6, too, if you don't mind the CSet changing when Link gets one of the rings).

Note that the menu icons are different from the "Item" sprites. There's a spot for... I think it's called "map styles" or something to that effect. It should be under the Quest menu somewhere. It holds the menu icon information for the Triforce and Heart Piece icons as well.

Edited by Radien, 31 October 2004 - 02:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users