creating the overworld

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nazgul (Guest)

Guest_Nazgul (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:41 PM

hi, i'm new in the Zelda Classic fellowship, and i wanted to know if someone could give me some tips for creating the overworld .more exactly, how to design it, making space for each tile(for example, some tips about the space that a mountain must use in some screens, etc)

thankss

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

its all relative to what you want to do with the mountains. Take a look at the mountains in Hidden Duality: Director's Cut or more specifically Isle of the Winds, how I did mountains with small island space. Take those examples and see what you can work with.

#3 Guest_Nazgul (Guest)

Guest_Nazgul (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:04 PM

wemh, thanks, but, would you recomend me to make an essay?? draw the map 1º, and then do it??

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:28 PM

drawing a rough sketch of the overworld and where things are generally going to go helps too. Sort of like, insert your main overworld set pieces into the quest first, and then work the rest of the overworld around them is one way to go about it.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 29 October 2004 - 09:28 PM.

#5 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:19 AM

Best advice I can offer, from writing experience, if your going to include an entire land, make it diverse, with many landforms and regions, but if you're cinfining it to a single region, make sure it is the same, but interesting to travel across. Like a forest with different types of trees, or maybe a darker, thicker forest in one part, or other things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users