• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4651 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

Picked up Mario Tennis Aces today, and a new copy of Wind Waker HD since my old one disappeared. I restarted my original file, and I'm already at Dragon Roost Cavern. :D

• Anthus likes this

#4652 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

Let me know what you think of the Mario Tennis Aces game.

#4653 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

Today i had the will to conitnue to  Disgaea D2 post game, i beat  Axel and now i must face Artina

#4654 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sunk about 50 hours into Hollow Knight, and still haven't seen everything. It's a great game, but there is a lot of back tracking. Not more than any other metroidvania, but the world is larger than any Castlevania, or 2D Metroid, easily. It might find a place in my favorite games of all time, along with another newer game, Hat in Time. Which I currently can't play cause my computer is a toaster.

I took a break from that a few days ago to pick up a Wii U shop copy of Zero Mission. I was able to marathon my way past mother brain, but then I stopped before doing the stealth segment. I cleared that last night, with only three or four deaths. I was kind of mad, cause up till then, I had not died at all. (I guess this goes to show how big of a difficulty spike it is? I can see why people hate it and I should hate it, but don't.)

Even now, that section really makes me hate the space pirates in general though, but the feeling of shredding them once you get your powers back makes it right.

#4655 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Got Hollow Knight in the Steam sale and been playing it a lot for the last 5 days. I'm having a really good time with it, but this is definitely one of the hardest Metroidvanias i ever played. Probably the hardest but not a bad thing.

• Anthus likes this

#4656 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

I also bought Hollow Knight, except on Switch, and played a bit of it on vacation. It was pretty good up until I realized I have no idea where to go next. I also find the backtracking to be a lot more tedious than it needs to be sometimes. I actually ended up putting it down entirely until I could get home and look up either where to go or how not to be so goddamn brittle at the point I'm at. Thing is, I didn't even find it to be all that hard up until the brick wall I just hit...

Spoiler

Apart from that I got the Crash trilogy for Switch and have been playing through the first game. It's alright. Can't honestly say as I find it to be much of anything special but I enjoy it for what it is.

#4657 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

^

You haven't upgraded your Nail yet? It's the Nailsmith in City of Tears.

Backtracking only started to get a little tedious to me later on because how big the game is. Like, yeesh, this is probably the biggest Metroidvania I've played.

This game also has what i call "Progress Boss", it's a boss that you progressively start to get better at fighting it. Today i fought one that kicked my ass for around five times or so in a row and in my last attempt i was so used to fighting it, that he touched me like once or twice. Same happened with Failed Champion, in my last attempt he touched me once and it was contact damage.

Edited by Norzan, 02 July 2018 - 05:26 PM.

#4658 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

I went to the blacksmith but didn't have the necessary items yet. I may just have to go searching elsewhere, as well as for those trees, because I thought I'd had to kill said boss to get enough items for it. 

#4659 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

I also bought Hollow Knight, except on Switch, and played a bit of it on vacation. It was pretty good up until I realized I have no idea where to go next. I also find the backtracking to be a lot more tedious than it needs to be sometimes. I actually ended up putting it down entirely until I could get home and look up either where to go or how not to be so goddamn brittle at the point I'm at. Thing is, I didn't even find it to be all that hard up until the brick wall I just hit...

Spoiler

Spoiler about those types of bosses

And, I do agree about some of the backtracking. The game is so damn huge, it just comes with the territory. It does get better. I also feel like the first third, or even half of the game is pretty slow. I was confused at several points, but there are often many paths to take. But, it is annoying to reach the end of a path, only to have to go all the way back cause you don't have the right item.

I feel like Hollow Knight is going to be one of those "better the second time" kind of games. I almost have an anxiety attack at times from all the options, and paths, and wondering if I'm going the "right" way. :P

#4660 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:51 AM

The previous DLC iirc added a Fast Travel mechanic (via the Dream Nail), there's also a certain ability you can get to quickly traverse horizontal rooms.

#4661 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

Add

Spoiler
to my list of "bosses i spent way too much trying to beat". Tartaros from Isle of Rebirth is in there.

At least the music is awesome. 

Edited by Norzan, 03 July 2018 - 08:55 AM.

#4662 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

sonic unleashed, i'm still at the beginning but seem hard...i like it!

There also a bit of Terrnigma here ? magical devices for restore the planet...floathing continents...

• Anthus likes this

#4663 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

If you're playing the PAL release of Terranigma via emulation there's a patch to convert it to an NTSC game and improve the performance without any negative side effects.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 04 July 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#4664 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

The Trial of Fools in Hollow Knight is probably one of the worst horde survival i ever seen in game. Been trying to beat it for over 3 hours and it has so much bullshit that is no longer fun. A blight in an otherwise great game.

Edited by Norzan, 04 July 2018 - 09:41 AM.

#4665 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

It's optional (unless you really want that achievement), the only important reward from it is an ingredient for upgrading the Nail and you don't need to beat all tiers of the Colosseum of Fools to get it.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 04 July 2018 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users