• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 August 2022 - 06:58 AM

Woah, it's been over a year since this project was started. Happy birthday swords Three Crests lol

I've been in a somewhat creative slump with ZC lately, partly due to the amount of stuff I've got going on beyond quest development. I've had a lot of ideas with what I want dungeons to be, but I feel like I'm finding the major three slightly intimidating to undertake. Similarly with the mid and late game mini-dungeons, which are closer in size to the Bowmaster's Crypt dungeon than any of the others. They're reaching a point where they're as big as "classic" Zelda dungeons, let alone the concepts I have for the three core dungeons of the quest.

All that aside, I decided to take a bit of a step back in the last week from being overwhelmed about dungeons, and work on another area entirely. As I've previously mentioned, the overworld has been very much finished for a long time now. I've edited parts of it to better suit the flow of the quest, but it's mostly been about populating the world with all the nooks and crannies that make this quest interesting. (for me as a developer anyway)

To anyone who played the demo, this area may look familiar:

Posted Image

And the reality is, well:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Mt. Goro-Goro isn't a particularly inventive name, I know. The area will be a bit of a labyrinthian puzzle, with the reward for navigating it correctly being very important in reaching one of the three core dungeons.
There's also going to be a few side quests thrown in for good measure.
Much like Rolling Ridge in Oracle of Ages, I've considered the possibility of having mini-games in this area somewhere. I'm just not sure sort of mini-game what I'd want to incorporate into it - something that could be replayed for various prizes I guess. Also now that I think about it, how awful was that Goron dance mini-game?
  • Shane and Ica like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users