Photo

Screenshot of the Week 638

Mibbitable Anthus Avataro Shoshon the Elegant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 638 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

Anthus
Anthus.png
Nipple rubbing colossi coalition.

Mibbitable
Mibbitable.png

There is a secret stairway in this room.

Shoshon the Elegant
Shoshon%20the%20Elegant.png
Link sets off a new journey as a group of monsters invade his loved one's grave.

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Anthus: The nipples are back! Looks good. Though I find it odd that there are no corner borders on under the nipple colossi.

Mibbitable: It's lovely. The top of the trees seem a bit out of place to me, but they are still pretty. I nice little beach scene with varied foliage. I can respect that.

Avataro: Good shot as always. Not especially exciting, but then again, it does what it's supposed to do.

Shoshon the Elegant: Stalfos is too white. Ewww. Put some snow behind that mountaintop in the bottom right.

Nulled.
  • Anthus and Avaro like this

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

The three-leafed grass with the middle one curled as the big DoR-palms aren't nice to look at color-wise. Otherwise I kind of like your Frankenstein-screen.

These faces give me the creeps. And I don't like the statues in general. Otherwise I am not too fond of the colors you use.

Do I shove the think that holds the books to the side? Or do I smash the wooden ground with the hammer? Do I burn the carpets? Walkable walls? Below a pot? A secret triggered? Endless possibilities. And just to have mentioned it, mr sunglasses looks a bit like a dismembered body tossed in a corner.

I voted elegantly.
  • Anthus likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

I voted for Shoshon. What? No one else ever votes for competitors? :P No, but I love me some Classic. I honestly can't really articulate why, but I just really like this screen. It just has a nice aesthetic through and through, and I like the minty green mountains. Bonus points if the area is called Minty Green Mountain.

Mibbitable, you have done some really nice additions to the LS set, but I gotta say, I think the palms look kind of bad. It's not so much a style thing, but the colors look kind of flat somehow. I honestly don't really have any ideas on fixing that outside of maybe making the shadow on the top inside the fronds green instead of the dark purple. I also can't help but feel like they are floating. Other than the trees, the shot is well made. I would be curious to see a map of this area. :)

Avataro's screen made me laugh for reasons that are probably way too inappropriate for here, and also for reasons that wouldn't really make sense if I explained them. That said, it's a house interior, which we don't see many of in SotW.

And mine was kind of a joke submission. I wasn't entirely happy with it, but I wanted to enter so Bob's your uncle.

• Mibbitable likes this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

I voted Avataro, very nice screen. I'd suggest a different colour for the carpet as it does look a little off. ^^ Shoshon the Elegant came close second. I'd suggest you add borders to your ice and edit the right/east edge of the screen a little more for playability/walkability reasons. I like the vibe and design nonetheless so good job!

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:56 AM

I love the weird fatties in Anthus' shot.

The only thing holding back Mib's screen is that the big trees are colored all wrong; they have extreme lights and darks but nothing in the middle.

I've voted for Avataro.

I like Shoshon's except for the placement of the armos; for some reason an armos with its southern side bordering up against a solid combo just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Geoffrey, 27 November 2017 - 03:56 AM.

• Mibbitable likes this

#7 Mibbitable

Mibbitable

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

Avataro got my vote. Simple house looks very good. And I would've voted for nipples, but too many nipples. IGN 2/10.

• Architect Abdiel likes this

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Okay, I get that it's a new tileset, it's pretty popular, etc, but can I just say I'm already getting sick of these LS tileset screenshots? The tileset is so styled pretty much everything clashes with it, and stuff like mountains and the like are just asking for tile errors. Not to mention the palettes make me feel nauseous, including this week's palette in Mibbitable's screen! This is one of the very few times I'd recommend Dance of Remembrance over the current tileset, cause honestly the screen in the current tileset is just headache inducing.

I was tied between Anthus, Avataro, and Soshon, but I flipped a 3 sided coin and went with Soshon's Elegant Classic Screen TM. The detail level in the screen is perfect: Not too little, not too many.

• Mibbitable likes this

#9 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and fixed the right side of the screen and added a few borders.

As for the Armos, I saw it as them looking over the edge of a cliff to the screen below.

http://i.imgur.com/oQnhp07.jpg
  • Shane likes this

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Not to mention the palettes make me feel nauseous

Clearly you have you no idea of what you are talking about.

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Okay, I get that it's a new tileset, it's pretty popular, etc, but can I just say I'm already getting sick of these LS tileset screenshots?

Sure, you can say that, but people might get mad. :P

#12 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Clearly you have you no idea of what you are talking about.

I said they made me feel nauseous, and I personally think it's a shitty, overhyped tileset. In a month or so the hype will die down and everyone will forget about it, just like firebird.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

Just a friendly reminder that was given to me from the other week or so so we don't derail this SotW:

"When did screenshots get so serious, guys? The guy is allowed to have an opinion, tact be damned."

Just saying.  :P

• Nathaniel, Anthus, Eddy and 5 others like this

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

I said they made me feel nauseous, and I personally think it's a shitty, overhyped tileset. In a month or so the hype will die down and everyone will forget about it, just like firebird.

I am honestly just curious: what set would you like to see more of? What should people use instead of the "hip" tileset?I've had similar feelings in the past with tilesets I feel are overused, but most people just like pretty graphics and will use them. It's much easier than building your own set from scratch. Some of the assets in NoeL's set are really old. The dungeon walls were used in a few of his older SotW entries. I would like to see more original sets, but they will inevitably get used. I think it's still cool to see how different people use the same stuff.
  • Deedee and Mibbitable like this

#15 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

I am honestly just curious: what set would you like to see more of? What should people use instead of the "hip" tileset?I've had similar feelings in the past with tilesets I feel are overused, but most people just like pretty graphics and will use them. It's much easier than building your own set from scratch. Some of the assets in NoeL's set are really old. The dungeon walls were used in a few of his older SotW entries. I would like to see more original sets, but they will inevitably get used. I think it's still cool to see how different people use the same stuff.

My main issue with LS is that it's essentially Koten (my previous least favorite) in many aspects, but with bright-colored palettes. The perspective on the side facing Link sprites looks really odd, and it's hard to make things look "right" in the tileset due to how specific the style is.

I'd love to see more Classic, DoR, EZGBZ, and custom stuff; instead of seeing every single screenshot thread flooded with LS. But hey, people seem to like the set, and they're free to like it and make screenshots and post them and stuff, just as I'm free to dislike them for being too much like Koten.

• Anthus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mibbitable, Anthus, Avataro, Shoshon the Elegant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users