Oh NO. Chat is DOWN. PANIC!

#32 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Wild Bill @ Nov 17 2011, 11:37 AM) View Post
Oh NO. Chat is DOWN. PANIC!
lulz Yeah, first time it's been down like this that I can remember since I started going on Bladerock months ago. Must have something to do with it getting a different address. icon_shrug.gif

#33 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

Moar liek ISP techs on the telephone wires outside deciding to f*** with the connection the server is based upon, without prior notice to myself. icon_neutral.gif Everything's fine and dandy right now, server responds to ping and I'm able to successfully connect locally and remotely.

Surprisingly enough, this did not affect Bladerock's DNS settings, so thankfully it wasn't an issue on the domain side of things.

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:35 AM) View Post
Thanks TS. The second link works but the first tried to connect me to SixLabRats. Force of habit I guess. icon_razz.gif
Oh... that must have been the problem with the first person who typed the link... It clearly wasn't me being not used to typing "irc.bladerock.net" yet and need to soon. Nope. Not my fault at all. icon_heh.gif

#35 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Ah, yeah that would make some sense as to why it was down. Kinda hard to keep it up when they are messing with the lines for it. icon_lol.gif

#36 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Well there's your problem! I'm still trying to connect to Sixlabrats for a start.

#37 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

So uh...is the server down now? I can't get in at all. icon_frown.gif What happened?

#38 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Looks like it. Bummer. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

#39 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

I don't know what all happened, but I saw things was down when I got in from school today. I'm guessing there's some internet issues going on at Sigtau's place where the server is hosted from, as he is constantly pinging out from his own server after I brought everything back online. I did an uptime report as well via SSH, and the server was only up for 3 hours, so must've had a power outage as well. However, things are up and running, but for the record, not 100% sure they're entirely stable. Sigtau can correct me on this when he sees this message.

Edit: Woo, 1,800 posts.

#40 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Oh hey. It seems it's back, but nobody's online and I can't join channels... WthSmiley.gif

#41 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, the server is freaking out. I can connect, I did join all my channels, no one was in them. (though there were people in the opers channel) And then it disconnected me. I can't get on now, it takes me 5 tries then connects, then disconnects after like a minute. icon_neutral.gif

#42 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

So Bladerock is now called Bladerock (dead). Is Bladerock permadead or just temporarily down?

#43 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Just temporarily down. As far as I know, which is about as much as you guys, there could be internet issues at his end. There could be a power outage again. Not sure where Sigtau lives, but here in the midwest, we're getting rather high winds...

#44 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Flash flooding last night brought down power lines and prompted the ISP trucks to do rerouting. If this has not corrected itself by tomorrow, I will be physically moving the server to a location not currently affected by the mess. DNS may be affected, but should only take a few hours to propogate (since most of the connected users are in the United States) if any changes have to be made.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

EDIT: Chat server appears to have stabilized. Will update if necessary.

EDIT 2: To clarify, the reason I didn't move the server beforehand was because I was both unaware of the issue until just a few hours ago today (I completed eight college applications last night in a 9-10 hour session--essays and all--so I was rather busy) and because doing so this early on would have been a waste of time--i.e. by the time it would have been set up and working like before, the old connection would have restabilized.

#45 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Last night, a car accident hit a transformer station in the local area, causing a power failure in the neighborhood Bladerock is hosted from. As a result, the power was out for most of today, and only just recently have we regained power in the neighborhood.

Because of this lack of electricity, the router and outgoing connection reset themselves, and all of the old DNS records on the domain *.bladerock.net are completely invalid and must be changed once the server is up. I need physical access to do this, because the change in IPs means that the port forwarding no longer applies to the correct IP address within the server's network, and thus, SSH is not an option.

This will be corrected tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for everyone's patience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users