step->next trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:45 AM

so apparently they don't work  on layers, any way around this? also even tho they are permanent triggers only the first one stays triggered when you leave the screen. is there fixes for these? its version 2.5-1 i'm using. 

Edit: must note its overworld type dmap even tho these pics are of dungeon screens:

https://imgur.com/a/zMYmrcU

Edited by Nightmeres, 22 April 2018 - 09:06 AM.

#2 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

Actually if I remember correctly you can't set up multiple triggers on an overworld dmap [ level 0 maps ]

I atlest rememer not being able to do so, without alot of steps.  But also to the fact I did not know there was step triggers any more. Atlest in the 2.50.2 or above, I know I been looking over and over the last two days for it hoping it would re appear...

#3 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

technically its treated as an interior room & its step->next trigger with a trigger self and secrets flag attached to it(flag 95 in the combo flags) & then in the actual screen or secret combos I put flag 16-20 to make the trigger not a trigger.  do those not exist in 2.5.2 or above? I'm using 2.5.1. however my question was is it possible to make permanent teared secrets where each point of the secret is permanent if if you go leave the screen. using treat as interior  screen flag checked. & 2nd ? is can there be step combos on layers that actually function. maby i should actually learn how to script so i wont have to deal with this website's more annoying aspects ...  No offense by the way towards you or by you. you did the best you could, i'm just lazy & impatient because i have terrible luck most of the time on this site & with scripting , i'm sorry if any of this offends you feels like an attack towards you.  i din't mean to, thank you for your time in researching my questions earlier.  

#4 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

yeah, in the 2.50.2 I guess they dropped the word "step"

PjZUXsE.png

so apparently they don't work  on layers, any way around this? also even tho they are permanent triggers only the first one stays triggered when you leave the screen. is there fixes for these? its version 2.5-1 i'm using. 

Edit: must note its overworld type dmap even tho these pics are of dungeon screens:

https://imgur.com/a/zMYmrcU

I guess, More information on what you have done would help!

So is your screen data set?

s8StdYd.pngEMU2jVQ.png

or the rule

about layers checked?

NdzGPhF.png

Have you tried setting the dmap to a level but not a dungeon level say 12?

Anything but an overworld with a level of 0.

My experience with zquest flags is the 75% are broken or just don't work right.

I have been using zquest since 2002, and there has not been much fixing in these issues. More to the fact of adding, an adding, new features

So probably No, but I can give you suggestions to try an work around your issue.

Might I suggest if you want to learn how to use triggers and secrets read the over under bridge tutorial? 

I can't seem to find the one I was looking for but rocksfan13, layed out a pretty good tutorial here:

https://www.purezc.n...dge#entry354185

It depends on the direction you're coming from and if Link is walking under the bridge first or over.

If Link walks under the bridge first, then the bridge stays on layer 3 with nothing for him to trigger a change. The change would happen when he is to walk over the bridge, which is where the temp triggers go. Right before the bridge. The east and/or west.

If Link is going to walk over the bridge first, then the layer is be set to 1 or 2 with nothing for him to trigger a change. In this case the temp triggers would go right before he would walk under the bridge. The south and/or north.

If Link is going to walk both over and under the bridge on the same screen then it depends on which he is doing first. Follow the instruction for which he is doing first above. Then have the trigger cause another trigger to appear in the correct spot and link them together to trigger the effect back and forth. If you understand the way tiered secrets work.

Either way you do it, you will need 2 separate screens for layers. One for layer 1 or 2 and one for layer 3 and above. What you need to do is depending on which layer is triggered first, is set up the secrets on the layer so when Link hits the trigger, the correct layer disappers and the other layer takes it's place.
ie: Triggering the walk over would trigger the layer 1 or 2 bridge, which is invisible first, and remove the layer 3 or above layer, which is viewed first.
Triggering the walk under would trigger the layers the opposite way.

You're on the right track. You just need to remember what layers sit where and where each trigger goes.
Take another look at the quest file. Pay special close attention to what layers are used and where. Then look at where the triggers are and how they work together.

Remember, layers 1 and 2, Link walks over. Layers 3 and 4, Link walks under, but fliers fly over. Layers 5 and 6, Link walks and fliers fly under.

I f I remember correctly, Link walks under the bridge first. So, the scenerio would start with the first instruction above.

Any questions, please ask. I realize it can be hard to get at first.

Edited by EnnonFenom, 30 April 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#5 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

basically I wont to press the colored button leave room press colored button in next room, go back to previous room press button then reverse the order & expect the 2nd button in first room is still pressed & vice versa but it doesnt. here is video : https://youtu.be/KpSs4GFCyIo

the blue lowered button used to be grey which lowered the dark grey barriers then the red lowered button in next room switched red/dark grey barriers positions in that room. then i go back to previous room & hit light grey button lowering light grey barriers & expect it to stay down but no & then i have to cheat to continue the sequence then hit dark grey then light grey buttons then go for blue. i did what you said about rules and screen flags & the level is 1. nothing works right. i switched the level to 12 & still nothing :?

Also i was mainly asking about the combo type step->next and not the flag. Sry for any confusion

Edited by Nightmeres, 02 May 2018 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users