The Expo is Now Open!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

PureZC Fall 2018 Expo

Hey everyone, it's that time of year again! Submissions for the 2018 Fall Expo are now officially open! For those of you who don't know, the Expo is essentially a showcase of our member's Zelda Classic latest projects. The whole idea behind the Expo is to allow members to show off their hard work and receive constructive feedback while also showing members what kind of content they can expect to see in the future. It serves as a boost to individual project attention and to community engagement overall. Please read the instructions below to get started!

If you are interested in submitting an Expo entry, all you have to do is make a topic within this forum. There's no requirement as to the format of your topic as part of the point is to come up with a good and creative layout to show off your content to the fullest. Once you post your topic, it will automatically be hidden from view. Therefore, before you submit, please read and review the rest of the information in this topic, shown below, to make sure your submission abides by the guidelines. Additionally, please preview and proofread your post to make sure everything looks good on your end before you click "Post".

Allowed Expo Submission Content

• Quest projects and work-in-progress tilesets
  • Quests and tilesets completed since January 1st, 2018
  • New scripts, music, etc.

Keep in mind that we are pretty flexible in terms of what you can submit to the Expo, so don't let the above list restrict you. If your submitted content is not allowed, we will let you know. If you are not sure that your content is allowed in the Expo, feel free to contact either Aevin or myself, or simply post a reply in this thread.

Things To Keep In Mind As You Are Creating Your Submission

• You are allowed to make multiple Expo submissions if you so choose.
  • PureZC will host up to 10 images for each submission. Simply link your images within your post using an external image hosting site such as imgur, and we will move them to PureZC's hosting for you. You are allowed to have more than 10 images, but those beyond the first 10 will have to be hosted on another site.
  • Similarly, PureZC will host only 1 quest demo per submission. You can link your demo using something like Dropbox, and it will be moved for you. If your demo uses Enhanced Music, it must be linked separately from the demo itself as the music will not be moved over to PureZC's hosting.
  • If you post your submission and realize you've made a mistake, you may contact either Aevin or myself for small edits. If you want to make major changes, simply create another submission and we will replace it for you.
  • Hide your signature to make things look more professional!
  • Although it is not required, feel free to include a submission poll for people to easily review your content. Additionally, you can include questions to get people to give you specific feedback. Remember, this is your submission, so format it the way you want!

Submission Deadline: Saturday, October 20th, at 11:59pm EST
Expo Opening: Saturday, October 27th

(Note: EST stands for Eastern Standard Time. If you are unsure what time that correlates to in your timezone, simply Google "11:59pm EST" and Google will automatically convert the time to your specific timezone.)

Once the Expo opens on the stated date, all submissions will be viewable in this forum for everyone to see! We hope everyone will participate in viewing what's in store this year as well as providing constructive feedback to help support the developers! Lastly, thank you for reading, and we hope you all have a great time with this year's Expo! We can't wait to see what everyone will submit! If you have any questions or concerns, you may write a post in this topic or contact either Aevin or myself.  :)

• Shane, Eddy, Avataro and 6 others like this

#2 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

Less than a week remains before the deadline! If you're planning to submit some things, think about doing it soon so you don't run out of time.

Edit: Apparently I can't count and it's actually two weeks. Or six. Somewhere in that range anyway ... Either way, we're looking forward to seeing your entries, so make sure and get them in in time!

• WindRobe and Epsalon ZX like this

#3 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Bringing (Richter) Belmont back!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

We (That being Dimentio and I) have decided not to post a demo for Hyrule Fantasy this year due to not wanting to over-expose it, but we will have some new screenshots at the Expo and hopefully a new trailer before or just in time for the Expo.

Edited by FireSeraphim, 09 October 2018 - 05:58 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:44 AM

I've almost got all the testing I want done on one of the quests I planned to enter, but I don't think I can finish the second one in time and I'm not sure that I want to wall off the incomplete areas.

In any case, I'll start putting together the entry I am going to make in the next two or three days.

• WindRobe and Epsalon ZX like this

#5 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:05 PM

Quick reminder that all Expo submissions are due in one week! Make sure to submit your entries before the exact deadline posted in the opening post. We are looking forward to your entries!

#6 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:36 PM

....PureZC will host up to 10 images for each submission. Simply link your images within your post using an external image hosting site such as imgur....but those beyond the first 10 will have to be hosted on another site....

how is this anything?

#7 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

PureZC's file space isn't exactly that huge, so it's limited to 10 so that it doesn't overflow too quickly. We host 10 screenshots in the first place so that they are guaranteed to always be visible to the members here in the future. If we didn't host 10, then it's possible that the person hosting the images removes the screenshots, breaking the links to them. We just can't have more than 10 due to space limitations. Most people seem to accommodate 10 just fine, though.

#8 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Looks like me and Shane will be entering something for this :)

PureZC's file space isn't exactly that huge, so it's limited to 10 so that it doesn't overflow too quickly. We host 10 screenshots in the first place so that they are guaranteed to always be visible to the members here in the future. If we didn't host 10, then it's possible that the person hosting the images removes the screenshots, breaking the links to them. We just can't have more than 10 due to space limitations. Most people seem to accommodate 10 just fine, though.

Yes, 10 is just fine.

But do images really hurt filespace all that much? xD Please, feel free to delete my gif in this past expo entry and replace the link with this so its hosted elsewhere.

#9 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

Alright, I submitted my first demo. Hopefully I won't uncover any last-second bugs which force me to update.

Now I've just got to pound the other one into submission...

#10 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:50 AM

You can expect something from me this time round, hopefully I can get my entry done by today or tomorrow, we'll see.

It's not an Amy Rose quest this time, shocking I know :P

• Shane likes this

#11 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

Quick friendly that just a bit less than 48 hours remain to submit your Expo entries! (Don't worry too much if you are just a tad late). Once we officially post that the Expo submissions are closed, no further submissions will be accepted. The Expo will officially open to the public one week after the deadline. Looking forward to seeing more entries!

#12 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:40 PM

Even if we don't sleep, that only leaves us a measly.. oh wait.

#13 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

Damn, I still haven't really done any preparations.
Last minute stuff coming up. Mostly bugfixes though, so don't worry about me expo-rushing (in case anyone was, I guess? :P)

#14 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Got mine submitted just in time, looking forward to seeing what others have!

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Paladin

• Members

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

... And I just submitted my second demo. This one was down to the wire, for a variety of reasons.

There's a lot of work to be done on both, I know; but this will give people a good chance to see what I've accomplished so far.

Now to find out what else has been entered...

• Anthus, Eppy and Epsalon ZX like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users