• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Welcome to something replacing the fun old Paper Mario Interactive game I made that died about 3 months ago. Yeah, I wanted another RP to play around in, so why not an ACTUAL Zelda based one?

Story:There are 3 Crystals representing the 3 goddess's power. Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love. It is said that whoever has those 3 crystals would be nearly as strong as the Hero of Time himself. Several travelers have gone on a journey to find those crystals, some have not, but simply assist those travelers in their goal. Simply put, three travelers found one of each crystal, none of them know each other. One day a man in a Gerudo styled robe began to take over Hyrule, none of the travelers were powerful enough to defeat him, and he eventually got all the Crystals. Hyrule is in shambles, and many people have become slaves to that man. However young group of rebels have hidden somewhere in Hyrule. Their story starts right now.

Description:So basically the setting is a post-apocalyptic Hyrule with an unnamed dark lord ruling it. Now to Explain the rules:
No teleporting(unless you have Farore's wind, which the dark lord has. OR you could have the teleporting songs with an Ocarina.)
No Spamming(Obvious reasons.)
No killing off other players. That's really it.

Types:This will determined what you are.

Rebels:People hiding from the Dark Lord and devising a plan to defeat him.
Slaves:Previously Hyrulian citizens now slaves of the Dark Lord.
Escapees:People who are not rebels, but still ran away and hid from the Dark Lord.
Foreigner: People who are not from Hyrule, but simply have come to help or come on vacation or something like that.
Guards:Knights of Hyrule who hail from Kingdoms that have not been destroyed by the Dark Lord.
Prince:A rare type, the people whom the Guard are protecting, but can most likely protect themselves.
Darknuts:Knights working for the Dark Lord.
Wizrobes:Wizards working for the Dark Lord.

Races:
Hylians: Normal people, no real description.Their homes are mainly villages.Good with swords
Kokiri:Children who stop aging at around 10, and live in the forest.Good with slingshots.
Deku:Wooden Creatures who are quick and Nimble,and live in the forest.The use Deku Nuts to attack, but overall are not strong fighters.
Goriya:Fox/Cat like creatures who live in the forest mainly.Experts with boomerangs.
Moblins:Pig creatures who Mainly work for the Dark Lord. Great with Spears.
Gorons:Powerful beings who live in Death Mountain. They prefer brute strength to get the job done.
Lynels:Horsemen who prefer living around Death Mountain.Quick, and are Experts with Swords.
Zora:Masters of swimming,and can breath in both land and water.The fins on their elbows can be used a boomerangs.Decently strong.
Gerudos:Tribe that the Dark Lord come from, and usually support his cause.

So yeah make a character with those things and let's get started.
Here's a template:

Name:
Type:
Race:
Weapon-of-Choice:
Back-Story:

And here's my character:
Name:Zaron Garmzen
Type:Escapee
Race:Kokiri
Main Hand:Right
Weapon-of-Choice:Korkiri Sword and Deku Shield
Back-Story:The Dark Lord burned down Kokiri Village and Zaron escaped along with the Kokiri Sword and a Deku Shield.

Now to get started.

Day 1:
I escaped it all. Survival was my only chance, as I was in an apocalyptic Hyrule Field I explored and found that Lon-Lon Ranch wasn't destroyed, so I decided to hide there for a while.

Edited by Goriya, 04 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Name: Mitchel
Type: Escapee
Race: Hylian
Main Hand: Right
Weapon-of-Choice: Hammer
Back-Story: A young hylian boy who lived in Hyrule castle town, but Ganondorf came, so he ran and hid in a wooden crate in a warehouse.

#3 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Name: Kinek Goronfriend
Type: Rebel
Race: Hylian
Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow, Bombs, and by extension, Bomb Arrows
Back Story: The Goron Village where he lived was turned to steel, making the gorons he was friendly with starve. Now he's out to kill The evil man for that reason. He also wants the evil man's money to buy himself a proper Hylian home.

#4 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Name: Jaron
Type: Escapee (... but we'll see if that changes...)
Race: Kokiri
Weapon-of-Choice: Deku Slingshot
Back-Story: As the elder of the Kokiri (though still appears as young as ever), when the Dark Lord's forces burned down the village, helped as many Kokiri escape as possible. Sought refuge in the forest temple, where Kokiris fled and helped each other heal from wounds.

Day 1:
It was horrible... So many of my people died, others were lost... icon_sorry.gif

However, I've got to be strong for them. I make sure to keep myself busy helping tending to the wounded, placing chu jelly on burn wounds and covering with deku leaves.

At least we survived. There is hope.

#5 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Jaron
Day 2 - Early Morning:

I was awakened by a rumbling sound. Kovi, my fairy, told me that it was just thunder. Thank the godesses for rain, I thought. After all we've been through, we really need the rain.

I sat up and looked around. The other Kokiris were all still asleep, though a few of their fairies were awake and watching over their companions. I laid back down to rest a little longer.

- Morning -

I walked my rounds, checking on the wounded Kokiris, while those that were not as injured left to find food. I happened to find a discarded bottle, so I rinsed it out, filled it with rainwater that had gathered in a giant leaf and shared it with the injured. One bottle doesn't hold much, but I found plenty of clean rainwater outside the temple entrance.

Of those that went to find food, Orgo and Kal were the first to return. They'd found and brought with them a lot of edible mushrooms, so we all had breakfast. The others returned before long, since Orgo had called out to them after locating the mushrooms.
As I ate, I couldn't help thinking about the Kokiri that were lost. I knew how many Kokiris lived in the village and I knew that there were more than those that died and those with me now. Zaron was missing, as was my good friend Kara, to name a few. I wondered where they could have gone... I considered the possibility of searching for them, but I figured that would have to wait until all the injured had fully healed.

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hey, anyone interested in joining in? If you need ideas, let me know. I've already thought of a few other characters to include. I also drew a (rough) map of Hyrule including the neighboring areas, such as Termina to the south and a few areas I made up; you don't have to stay within Hyrule!

Let me know if you want to see the map I made. Since there are Kokiri, and the only game that had Kokiri in it was OoT, I based it off of the OoT map and included possible locations of places that show up in Twilight Princess (the Gamecube version, because the Wii version was flipped east-west because Link's normally left-handed and most people are right-handed).
---------------------------------------

Jaron
Day 2 - Morning:

After breakfast, I called for a counsel meeting of all Kokiri. Since the rains had put out the fires, I told everyone that I would set out with a couple others to visit the Deku Tree. I hadn't heard it's voice since before the disaster and was beginning to worry.
I told everyone that it had called to me before the fire had started. The Deku Tree warned me of a great evil that has broken out in Hyrule and that it was approaching. It said that this evil was more powerful than the protective magic of the Deku Tree. Shortly after I'd spoken with the Deku Tree, I looked up and saw smoke. As I raced back to the village, the trees around me began to spark with fire. That's when I raced house-to-house to get everyone out. The hardest one to pry from his house was Lokar the shopkeeper; he didn't want to leave his valuable merchandise. I told him to grab only a few things and race to the temple before the fire reached him. Lokar almost got burned, but he left just in time to save himself.
Lokar requested that he come along because he wanted to see if anything was left of his shop. Others wanted to go check on their houses as well, but I told them I would only take 2 others with me because of safety reasons. I told Lokar and Rido to prepare to leave as soon as the rains abated. I also declared that Orgo would be in charge until we returned.

- Afternoon -

The rains didn't let up until after lunch. After we finished our meal, Lokar, Rido and I grabbed our gear. I armed myself with my trusty Deku Slingshot and a Deku Shield. Rido asked about my slingshot; I told him it's big enough to toss Deku Nuts at enemies, but still works with regular slingshot stone. Lokar had one other Deku Shield that he'd managed to carry away from the shop, as well as a dagger that was strapped to his side. Rido strapped his slingshot to his side and brought a couple deku sticks, just in case we needed them. Being thus prepared, we left the Forest Temple entrance.

#7 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Kinek
Day 1 - Morning

I attacked the evil shrine of Darkness, looking for the Darkness Hammer, with which I can probobly kill the evil one. I didn't manage to get past the first floor, but I think I've done considerable damage, judging by the fact that the floor at the back caved in.
The reason I didn't get far was that Gleeok. It had a big mask on each head and was shooting fire and ice beams at me.
My theory is that I'll need some kind of item to defeat it. Mabye a shield or a grappling hook? I'll have to look for an item which can kill it.

Afternoon

I Went to Zora's Domain. I was looking for some flippers, and instead ran into my old friend, Zrutho. Turns out he was chased away by a boy in green inside a castle in the Item Kingdom. He offered somehelp,as he had been working alongside one of Ganon's Gleeoks. Unfortunately, we were attacked by a group of Octorocks (land and sea) on our way back to the shrine, and Zrutho was injured. We'll be stuck in Kakariko for a while now.

-------------------------------------------

Can I see the map?
Also, may I have any other characters to roleplay?

#8 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Kinek
Evening

Well, it seems I'm staying the night. I went to the shop here, in case they sold flippers, but all they soldwas some kind of Air Mask.It looks useful, just not for what I'm doing.
After that, I went to the Inn, so that I could find a place to stay. The Lynel barman was willing to give me an ale for some info on my journey. I told him that my Zora friend was injured, and that I was waiting for him to recover. The barman thought that was enough, so he gave me the ale and a room.

Whatever. I'm making another character:

Name: Fizleon
Type: Darknut
Race: Lynel
Main Hand: Left
Weapon of Choice: Lance, Beamos Head (the head of a Beamos)
Backstory: 362 years ago, a green dressed boy attacked him and killed his friends and family. Now he seeks revenge by doing anything to kill him or his descendants. The Dark Lord is the current best chance.

Fizleon
Day 1-Morning

I've been deployed by the Dark one to go to a town and get a job. I was thinking about it, and I decided to go to Goron Village. The problem was that after riding for hours, they wouldn't let me in, so I left. I then decided to go to Zora's Domain. By the time I got there, it was late morning, and I couldn't really find anywhere to spend the day doing stuff.

Afternoon

Some guy in red clothes with a strong Goron accent came to the land. He seemed to be against the Dark Lord, so I instructed some Ocktorocks to attack him and any guys following along. Then I left for Kakariko, in case he tried to find out who attacked him, if he survived. When I got to Kakariko, I found out that the Barman in the Inn had recently died. I took his place until they found a new one

Evening

The rest of the day was uneventful until I saw the same Red-clothed guy from earlier come into the Inn. He asked for an ale and a room, so I took advantage of the situation and asked him about his jorney. He told me some rubbish about a Zora, but I left him be so as not to seem unreasonable. Soon afterwards,I closed up shop and used my Magic Mirror to tell the Dark Lord about this Guy. He was intrigued, so I told him I'd find out more. I just hope I can.

#9 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Kinek
Day 2-Moring

Zrutho is still injured. I'll need to stay here and wait for his healing.
I met another friend. A Deku called Gasser. He says he's on his way to the Forest Temple and agreed to tag along for a while. We're still going to take a while to get back to the Darkness Lake behind Death Mountain.
Gasser also took me to a Sheikah battle training centre. I seem to be quite bad at fighting at the moment. I think that this training centre should be helpful to me.

Afternoon

Picked up a few minor injuries while training. I really need practice.
Also, Me and Gasser met with Zrutho in the hospital and made a route past Death Mountain which isn't that obvious. The route will take us to the Kokiri Forest, where Gasser will leave us. Then there is a portal in the Lost Woods that takes us to Goron City, which has a path into the Death Mountain Crater, from which we'll use a secret path behind some statues in the Fire Temple. Then we'll be in Darkness Lake.

Evening

I'll be staying another night. The same Lynel barman asked me for more information, so I told him that we were leaving soon. I told him that we were on an adventure for a secret weapon. He wanted to know more, but we decided that would be enough.

Fizleon
Day2-Morning

The Red-Clothed Kid left the bar today. He did say that his friend was injured, though, so he should stay for at least today, and hopefully tomorrow.
That kid reminds me of that Green-clothed kid I met back when I was 501 years old. But they can't be he same person; that Kid was Blonde. This kid has Brown hair. Also, this kid, as I said before, has a strong Goron accent.
Also, I remembered another reason for their difference. That other kid was alive 362 years ago. I doubt he'll be alive today!

Evening

The kid came back at the end of the day. He had a Deku with him. I asked him for more info, but he only gave me vague clues as to what was going on. I won't be able to do much about him. I need to think of something to do!

Night

Eureka! I have an idea! Judging by the fact that I'll be fired soon anyway, I'll just quit my job! That way I can follow them. Unfortunately, that won't be enough to find out what I need. I'll need to join their group. And Judging by the fact that I'm, frankly, just plain awesome at fighting, they can't refuse me. Unless of course, I fail to give good reasons to join them. But when I have done so, I'll just save their lives a good few times, and I'll have complete trust from them. Then I'lldo the old fork-in-the-eye trick. That'll work perfectly...

#10 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Glad to see you joining in! icon_smile.gif So, I'm assuming the Shrine of Darkness is at Darkness Lake?
QUOTE(klop422 @ Mar 17 2013, 12:32 PM) View Post
Can I see the map?
Also, may I have any other characters to roleplay?
Yeah, I don't see any reason not to allow more than one character per person. Sounds great so far!
About the map, I would've replied sooner, but I found a problem with the map I'd drawn: I had the Stone Temple and Snowhead in the wrong positions (they were reversed). icon_heh.gif I discovered this when I downloaded images of maps of Hyrule and Termina to make a better map. Soooo, Termina is now west of Hyrule. I've been busy working on making the map on computer.
Here's the map. (It's too big to post, so you'll hafta' click on the link.)
If anyone wants other locations marked on the map, let me know. Or, you can just tell everyone where it is in relation to the places on the map when you put it in your post and we can leave the map as it is. Whatever works best.

Jaron
Day 2 - Afternoon:

Background Music (BGM): Twilight Princess Forest Temple
Lokar, Rido and I each lowered ourselves down the rope ladder we'd made to get into the Forest Temple. (We'd had to remove it and bring it in so it wouldn't get burned by the forest fire, but we'd put it back out this morning to go look for food.) I noticed when I got to the ground that the large stone symbol on the ground didn't have any charring on it. The rest of the forest, well, that was a different story. Most every tree was covered in black. Some spots of some trees didn't get burned; I figured it was because they were on fire before getting put out by the rain. That means... that the fire had just reached the exterior of the Forest Temple before the rain started. I again thought of how lucky we were to have escaped the fire.

We headed back along the path that lead to the temple. The large hedges were all black and there was wet soot everywhere. I saw the ladder that led to the top of the hedges, which beforehand could be used for a shortcut back, but I didn't trust the stability of the ladder or the hedges, so I led the way along the pathway back around the hedges. (Edit:) We had a little trouble getting past what used to be the small pools of water, because the fire had evaporated mostly all the water (what was left might've just been rainwater), but we piled up some of the burned-down branches to make a way in and out of them. I led the way through the Lost Woods, taking the quickest route that I knew would take us back to the Kokiri Village.

Upon reaching the village, our hearts sank. The houses were burned to cinders, leaving only part of the tree stumps that they were made from recognizable. Of the creek that ran through town, only about an inch of water was left, and it was polluted with ash and soot from the fire. There seemed to be nothing left.
Lokar insisted on going to his shop, however, to see if he could salvage anything. Rido and I agreed to help. Once we got to his shop, we helped clear the burnt peices of the ceiling away so Lokar could examine the burned goods. Mostly all of it was useless now. However, he located a group of burned jars that had been sealed with leather caps. The top of the leather was burnt, but Lokar found that they were not burned all the way through, meaning that the contents had been saved! Lokar had obtained those jars about a week ago; what a good investment! We found 15 sacks of Deku slingshot seeds, 5 bags of Deku Nuts, 5 bundles of arrows, and 4 bottles of unspoiled water.

"Found something good, eh?"
We looked around, startled. None of us had said that. "Look up," Kovi whispered to me. Up on top of the burned entrance to the shop sat a skull kid. Skull kids are almost always up to trouble, at least when they show up in Kokiri Village.
"What do you want?" I asked him. "Don't you know what happened here?"
The skull kid laughed. "I didn't think anyone would want to break their own house! Find anything good?"
"Most everything's spoiled," Lokar spoke up, hiding the goods from view. "There's nothing here that you'd want."
"Well, I'd be willing to pay a rupee or two if you did happen to still have some goods. You see, you aren't the only ones that got burned out of their house. The Lost Woods took heavy damage from the fire, and you may know that we skull kids live there, so we're at a bit of a loss ourselves."
After I heard that, I couldn't help but feel compassion for him and his friends. But, I still couldn't trust him completely. "How much do you have? If you want to buy something, we need to see the rupees first."
The skull kid pulled 3 blue rupees out of a small pouch and delicately balanced them between his hand and the wood he was sitting on.
I whispered to Lokar and he whispered back. Then Lokar offered the skull kid 2 bottles of water and a pouch of Deku seeds. The skull kid picked up the rupees, then leaped in the air with a chuckle, and disappeared! Suddenly he reappeared on the ground outside the shop, holding the bottles and Deku seed bag. Lokar looked down and saw that they were no longer in his hands!
"Here you go!" said the skull kid, then he dropped the 3 blue rupees on the ground and ran off toward the Lost Woods.
Rido and I laughed. That little trickster! At least he paid for it this time. Lokar didn't smile, though; he didn't like that the skull kid took something from him without him seeing or knowing about it. I went over and collected the rupees and handed them to Lokar. "It's okay, Lokar. Come on; we'd better get going."

To be continued...

Edited by Lightwulf, 20 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#11 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yes. Darkness Shrine is at Darkness Lake.
Darkness Lake is a hidden lake behind Death Mountain

--------------------------------------

Kinek
Day 3-Morning

I trained a bit more, and I'm improving. But before I could continue, Zrutho came into the centre and told me he'd healed. So we left.
Just before leaving the village, the lynel barman blocked our path. He asked to join us on our quest, and he didn't even want information! We accepted the offer.

Afternoon

We are about to get into the Kokiri Forest. Gasser will be leaving us soon. Then it'll just be me, Zrutho, and the Lynel, who we've found out is called Fizleon. That'll be a problem in Death Mountain, because Zrutho is not suited to such high temperatures, and I don't trust that Lynel.

Evening

Something has gone very wrong here. The forest has been burned down! It'll be even harder to navigate the Lost Woods now!
Before we could go anywhere, though, a Huge Deku Baba attacked us. I tried to kill it, but is spat too many Deku Nuts and I couldn't get it. Zrutho's boomerangs weren't very useful against it; It was too well armoured. And Gasser's Deku Nuts got sucked in by the Baba and shot back. Fizleon quickly jumped at it, and, with one slash from his huge sword, chopped its head off. We managed to salvage Deku Nuts from the body. Now I trust Fizleon a little more, but I can't fully trust him yet. After the Deku Baba, we quickly ran to the Lost Woods. We moved through me maze with great speed, and we split up at the Goron City warp after a few quick farewells with Gasser. I hope he has good luck with whatever he's doing.

#12 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

New Character:

Name: Gasser
Type: Rebel
Race: Deku
Main Hand: Ambidextrous; usually uses snout
Weapon of Choice: Snout; Deku nuts
Back-Story: The Deku King in Woodfall sent him to Hyrule to check on their cousins in the Forest Temple. He tagged along with Kinek for a while, then left at the Goron City Portal.

Day 3-Night

People seem to be here. I saw some branches where there used to be pools of water, and there were footsteps in the burnt ground.
The Place had been destroyed. After seeing the desolation in the Village, I would have guessed I'd be ready for this, but I was wrong. The place is gone. I can't believe it.
When I saw one of the trees I had Gotten Particularly attached to had been burnt down, I got out my pipes and played the Song of Healing. The tree healed, and the soul thanked me and left. The tree had become indestructable, but it couldn't grow. It would be the exact same forever.
When I got to the Temple, I noticed that there was a ladder into the Forest Temple. That hadn't been there last time I was here, but hey, that was 7 years ago!
I climbed the ladder and went into the Temple, to be immediately greeted by a small prod from a Kokiri spear.
"Ish KleeokGhar Myshneat!" I called out.* That was Koreku for "I am a Friend of the Kokiri"
The spearman faltered, but kept his cool. "Really?" he asked. "I wouldn't be so sure. Who counts you as a friend?"
"I do." Boomed a voice from above. A light shone onto him slowly. And there, on a big chair, watching what was going on around the room, was the Kokiri Second-in-Command, whose word went above all but Jaron's. the Kokiri Second-in-Command jumped from the Chair and walked up to me. His longish blonde hair waved as he walked, though he still looked young. His hair had grown since I last saw him.
"So how are you, my young apprentice?" he asked me.
"I'm fine," I answered. "How are you? I always understood that other than taking me as an apprentice, you were a loner. No offence, of course."
"None taken."
"If you forgive my asking, how did you rank so high?"
"I'm a good leader."
"That you are," I said. "That you are."
We stood there awkwardly for a few moments. Then the Second-in-Command asked me:
"We should talk. We haven't done so in ages. How about we go to the Joelle room? That's my room."
"Sure!" I said. After a moment, I started a conversation. "So. How have you been, Mido?"

--------------------------------------

*The Koreku isn't a real Language, just in case you were wondering.

#13 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

After a long decision, I have decided to rejoin this RP.

Name: Erick Dekaus
Type: Rebel (Disguised as a Wizrobe)
Race: Deku
Weapon-of-Choice: Ice Rod
Back-Story: An incredibly young rebel who the Dark Lord's soldiers often mistake a soldier, he is very mature for his age, almost too mature for his own good.

I'll post something next time icon_razz.gif

#14 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

@klop422: Hmm... I guess I'd assumed this was too many years after OoT for Mido to still be there, but cool! icon_biggrin.gif (Besides, I don't understand the Kokiri life cycle. I wonder if anyone does. icon_heh.gif ) "A good leader"? icon_rolleyes.gif Yeah right, Mido! Honestly, making other Kokiri do things for him to impress Saria by saying he did it; I'd say he's a bit of a bully. (I've been helping someone play OoT recently, so my memory of it has been fully revived.) He would say something like that! I can tell he hasn't changed much over the years. icon_slycool.gif Now that I know Mido's there, this is going to be interesting! I was thinking of having Gasser's brother (I thought of "Lightly" for a name) looking for him there, as if that was why Gasser was going there, but I like this better. icon_smile.gif Nice job!
We'll just say (for now) that Mido "gave" Jaron the leadership as elder a few years ago (does 10 years sound fine?); at least that's how Mido would say it, whether or not that was the actual reason Jaron became elder. icon_wink.gif How's that sound to you?

BTW, when you said "Huge Deku Baba," didn't you mean Huge Deku Scrub? Unless, of course, you're talking about a new enemy you made up that is a large Deku Baba plant that also spits Deku nuts. I've never seen that before, but I think it's a cool idea! icon_smile.gif

@Goriya: Hey, nice to see you post again! icon_smile.gif
Just wondering, are you still going to use Zaron? I was thinking on including him in later storyline.

Here's the map of Hyrule and the surrounding areas again, in case anyone missed it.

Jaron
Day 2 - Afternoon:

After we'd gathered up the saved goods, we headed over to the Deku Tree's meadow. The stream that flowed through the village was dried up, so we had to climb up and down the sides of it; however, it wasn't too hard or steep since it's only a stream.

BGM: Talking with the Deku Tree (OoT)
My worst fears appeared to be confirmed. The new Deku Tree, which has flourished and grown tall since the old Great Deku Tree died years ago, was almost completely black all over. The Great Deku Tree, behind it, had been reduced to a giant charred stump with jagged sides. However, the new Deku Tree still had it's form; I wondered if maybe only the outer bark was burnt.
It didn't take long to find out, though, for it spoke to me in a weak voice. "Jaron..."
"Deku Tree!" I replied. "Are you okay?"
"Listen..." it said. "You... are not safe here. ... My powers... have been weakened... by the flames; ... I... will heal... with time. ... But... until then... you must... protect the Kokiri... from darkness..."
I felt confused as to what I should protect them from. "Do you mean from the darkness of night, or the forces of that great evil you spoke to me of?"
"The forces... of evil..." it continued, "are coming, ... but also... beware... the darkness... within..."
My fairy Kovi spoke up. "The Deku Tree is speaking of darkness of character, within people."
"Yes, Kovi, ... within... one another. ... Jaron, ... to protect... the Kokiri, ... seek the light spirit... called Farron... who resides... to the south and west... from here. ... I will use my power... to open the way. ... Now, ... go. ... I must rest." The Deku Tree became silent.
BGM ends.

As we left from the Deku Tree's presence, I wondered to myself what a "light spirit" was. Kovi read my thoughts and said that the light spirit is what gave the Deku Tree its power. Kovi didn't know much more than that, though; she said she'd never met a Farron or any light spirit before.
As we reentered the burned village, Rido asked what the Deku Tree meant when it said it would "open the way". I told him I wasn't sure, but that we needed to return to the Kokiri in the Forest Temple.
"But what about finding that light spirit?" asked Lokar. "Don't you think the Deku Tree meant to find it right away?"
"I have to make sure the rest of the Kokiri are safe," I replied, "and set someone in charge of them. I have responsibilities, you know."
Rido and Lokar didn't question me further.
As we were about to enter the Lost Woods, I stopped. I had a pressing feeling that the "way" that would be opened would be located somewhere in the village.
"You okay?" asked Lokar.
After a few seconds, I told him, "Yeah. Let's hurry and get back."

- Evening -

The sun had set and it was getting dark by the time we returned to the Forest Temple. If it had gotten any darker, I would've told Rido to pull out one of his Deku Sticks. We rejoined the other Kokiris as they were having dinner. After dinner, the others were anxious to hear about the Deku Tree. Lokar and Rido looked at me, to see if I would tell them everything. I told them to gather everyone near for a meeting. Most were already there, but some had wandered off after dinner, so others went to find them and bring them back to the fireplace. They had built a fire in the center of this area, the entrance room, but a little closer to the stairs that lead to the entry hallway so that the heat/smoke wouldn't burn the two large branches on the trees that tower above us.

Once everyone was together, I first announced that the Deku Tree is still alive. Then I broke it to them that its magic has been weakened by the fire, for it is burnt all over. I told them that the Deku Tree instructed me to find a light spirit named Farron, so I would be leaving in the morning to set out on a quest to find it. There was some murmuring and someone spoke up mentioning that no Kokiri has ever left the safety of the woods. I responded that, in the Deku Tree's current state, it cannot protect us as well as it used to, so the woods are not completely safe anymore. I told everyone to make themselves comfortable here in the Forest Temple because there's no telling how long it will take me to find the light spirit. But, I warned them not to spread out too much, because we need to stick together. I forbade them from venturing deep into the temple, and instructed them to find safe places of refuge in case they were ever attacked while I'm gone. "We will set up a watch at the entrance. Don't let anyone in unless you know they are friendly. Only Kokiri should reside here, but if any Hylians or other creatures are being chased by evil minions, be sure to let them in to safety." I then explained what the Deku Tree had said about the forces of evil and that there may be evil creatures that could come through the forest. But, I assured them that as long as they kept the rope ladder up when no Kokiri was out gathering food, that the entrance to the Forest Temple is high enough to keep out most evil creatures (even though I wasn't 100% sure, for I'd never actually seen an evil creature before, but I didn't want them to worry). In light of the danger, I also instructed them to construct weapons; we needed more than just slingshots for close-range fights. A few ideas were offered from the audience, and after agreeing I told them that something will have to be made for the night watchmen tonight but the rest could wait until tomorrow. We all agreed that a spear was a good close-range weapon, so Ordo agreed to use a couple of Kokiri daggers to make Kokiri spears.

After I concluded the discussion, someone asked about whom I would leave in charge while I was away. Before I could say anything, Mido spoke up. "Jaron, could I have a word with you, please?" I excused myself from the group and motioned to Mido to come with me further into the temple; I knew I would need to talk with him about things that I wouldn't want the others to hear.
After we entered the grand hall and shut the door, Mido asked, "So, who are you gonna' leave in charge?"
"Well, I had a few Kokiri in mind..." I began.
"You should put me in charge," Mido interrupted. "I'm more 'elder' than you and you know it! Putting someone else in charge would disturb the natural order of the Kokiri."
I looked hard at Mido. "You know that the Deku Tree put me in charge for a good reason, Mido."
"Yeah, yeah, I know," Mido shrugged it off. "The Deku Tree didn't really talk to me much anymore anyway."
"You know there's more to it than that," I countered.
"But that was a long time ago!" Mido fired back. "Don't you think I've changed since then???"
"I don't know," I said as I gave him the eyebrow. icon_eyebrow.gif "Are you sure you've changed?"
"Of course!" he replied.
icon_eyebrow.gif "And you're not gonna' boss people around, making them do favors for you to impress others?"
Mido huffed. "That was back before Saria left with those non-Kokiri blokes. I'm totally over that. I haven't really been into girls since then, either."
icon_rolleyes.gif Right, I thought. As if you didn't take any interest in my friend Kara at all.
After thinking about it a few seconds, I decided I'd give him another chance. "Alright, Mido. But don't forget that you're my second-in-command. I'm not giving the entire eldership to you."
"Thank you," he said quickly.

We returned to the others, and I announced that Mido will be in charge after I leave. Then, after assigning the night watch, I dismissed everyone for the night.

Edited by Lightwulf, 22 March 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#15 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

@Lightwulf: I never though much about how much time had passed since OoT. I didn't give it much thought when I put him in. Yeah, we could say that he 'handed' over the leadership. Is Jaron gone by day three or not? I need to know whether Mido is in command when Gasser gets there.

Yes, I did mean a Deku Baba which shoots deku nuts. Gasser is known among Hylian Deku Scrubs, and none would dare to attack him like that. Also, Deku scrubs hide in the ground when you get close, so Fizleaon wouldn't have been able to cut off his head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinek
Day 4-Morning

Link of the Gorons greeted me as leader when we got into the City. He was quite anxious about both Zrutho and Fizleon, as they weren't Gorons, but he let them stay. We really have to get some rest after so much travelling.

Evening

We slept most of the day. We've all been woken up for a 'welcome home' feast in the Lowest Level. The Jar's been temporarily moved and replaced with a few of Link's tables. They got together most of the scraps of food they could find around the steel Goron city, and even managed to get some fish for Zrutho and some of everything for Fizleon and myself. I was used to rocks, and, unlike most Hylians, am able to extract nutrients from them. It was quite a feast.
After eating, we all went to sleep again.

Gasser
Day 4-Morning

I sneaked down the Lift into the Painting room. It's really quite creepy seeing six identical paintings at once. As I stood there, I thought I saw one of the paintings move. Nothing was really going on, until I saw a purple vortex on one of them. Out of the painting came a Horse, and on it was a Gerudo man in black armour.
"Gasser..." it said. "You are in danger..."
"What do you mean?!" I shouted at it.
"The Dark one... He will destroy this world..."
I hesitated and thought. Then I realised who this was.
"Ganondorf!" I called at him.
"You've seen through m, but no... I am only an illusion... The real me is still... in the Sacred Realm... I must ask you... to do something... For me..."
"But Why would I do something for you?" I asked, confused.
"If you do... You shall be... Rewarded..."
"How?" I asked it.
The Phantom hesitated. "With Power..." it said.
Now it was my turn to hesitate. "I don't... I don't want your power!" I shouted at it.
Then the Phantom turned into a shape more similar to the Guardian Phantoms I had heard existed it certain Temples.
"I was not going to do this," it said. One of the paintings turned into a view of my home."But," it continued, "I have your family hostage. If you do not help me, Your family will die. And so will your precious Woodfall."
And with that, the other five paintings showed me different parts of Woodfall, all of which had someone heldin a cage by a Dragonfly. There was The Deku King with the Princess. There was the Group of Deku guards (how Ironic). There was Tingle's father. There was the rich person from the Spider Houseand his dog. There was my Family. In fact, the only people not captured were Kotake and Koume, the Potion Shop Hags. Why this was, I didn't know*. But It was clear that They would all die if I didn't help.
"I'll do what you want, Mister Ganondorf, Sir!" I called to him.
"Thank you..." It said, and faded away. The Pictures all turned back to normal. A blue light appeared in the middle of the room, and I stepped into it. The light teleported me back outsidethe Temple.
Drat! Now I was in trouble! If I didn't Help Ganondorf to get out of the Sacred Realm, I would be responsible for Woodfall doing as it said-Falling. But if I did help, then I would betray all of my friends, and all of the Deku at Woodfall. And Ganondorf would probably ruin the world. Woodfall, or the world. The destruction of my childhood, or the possible ruination of the World. This was the decision I had to make, and it wasn't really a choice at all. I would save Woodfall.
But now I would act differently. Ganondorf would be my leader now. My strange actions would make no one trust me. And if no one could trust me, I could trust no one. Not my friend Kinek. Not my master Mido. Not even my own Kind. I was alone in the world, and I was about to change it. For the better or the worse, No one knew.

---------------------------------------------
*Keep in mind that in Termina, no one knows that Kotake and Koume worked for Ganondorf. They don't even know who Ganondorf is!

Edited by klop422, 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users