Photo

Screenshot of the Week 460

Avataro umbrello Fireblast124 JetBox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 460 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

Wow. It's great to see such good work being done in the classic set.

umbrello: This screen looks nice, if not a little awkward. I think the combination of sand, dirt and grass all in one confined space makes this look a little unnatural.

Fireblast124: I don't think I could ever put into words why I like this screen so much, but I do. It looks natural, which is weird considering the mountains are purple and the bushes are brown. You've got my vote this week.

Avataro: This is a nice shot. It's nothing really out of the ordinary, but I like the work you've done balancing the palette.

JetBox: Awesome. This is some really unique work in the classic set, and I like how you borrowed the lamp tiles but adapted them to look correct in this tileset.

#17 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

I think they're all quite nice, but I voted for umbrello. I like the simplicity of a mostly unaltered classic, and the shape of the screen, arrangement of the bushes, river and waterfall are really cool. My only concern is that if Link gets a stepladder, he might walk through the river to the south and end up in a funny position on the next screen.

• umbrello likes this

#18 umbrello

umbrello

I am a hero

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Hey, thanks for the positive comments on my screenshot! Someone mentioned that I nixed the dots on the water, but I actually didn't, lol. It was just the timing of the screenshot. As for the ladder, I actually had that issue until I turned on "smart screen scrolling". This is my first attempt at classic, so I appreciate the feedback. I'll confess, I voted for JetBox! 

#19 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Well, I guess I'm the first to admit I voted for Fireblast124 this week.  It looks like he took the tiles that normally were for land corners surrounded by water and surrounded them by mountain instead, making it look like it's the top of a cliff face.  Great job!  :)  Purple's different, too, but what I also like is the rarely used large boulder tiles (or are those custom? I forget what the default ones look like, for some reason; either way, great job).

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

With 54.39% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 460 is Avataro!

Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Avataro, umbrello, Fireblast124, JetBox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users