Photo

Screenshot of the Week 341

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Sreenshot of the Week 341 (64 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

Voted for Jared. It looked the best to me at the time. 'Nuff said. icon_smile.gif

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(blue_knight @ Oct 17 2011, 10:16 AM) View Post
Yeah I liked the old-school 320x200 8-bit color games and 16-bit console games (SNES). It's a very nostalgic era of video games for me and with 8-bit color tiles fits with the abilities of Zelda Classic well. icon_biggrin.gif

For the record, I specifically avoid pillow shading - the light is coming from the top left which is why the highlights on the pillars is off-center. Other then that, thanks for the comments. It's good to know that people are enjoying the art direction so far. icon_smile.gif

--Edit:
I should talk a little about the weathering. If you read the latest post in the game thread (see my signature in the link) I actually talk about this a little. Basically much of the Tower is in near new condition but there are a few areas where things are in much worse condition. So most areas will get little or no weathering which will transition into other areas where entire sections of walls are missing and things in general are in bad condition (i.e. areas of the dungeon that take place partially outside or with dangerous platforming). It goes along with the story where the tower is maintained by the dead but they cannot keep up and the decay is spreading - so you can see what it was and what the tower will become.

Ahh, okay. Well, it's still far too perfect to have been crafted by human hands, but if you want it to look like an unworldly perfect tower, that could work. If you have any areas outside the tower, I suggest they look weathered enough to give the lower floors of the tower some contrast.

Interesting story; it sounds like it was influenced by Faxanadu, too. icon_smile.gif I should play that game sometime....

#33 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 19 2011, 05:36 PM) View Post

Ahh, okay. Well, it's still far too perfect to have been crafted by human hands, but if you want it to look like an unworldly perfect tower, that could work. If you have any areas outside the tower, I suggest they look weathered enough to give the lower floors of the tower some contrast.

Interesting story; it sounds like it was influenced by Faxanadu, too. icon_smile.gif I should play that game sometime....

There will definitely be contrast between weathered and non-weathered parts and some sort of continuum. So it certainly won't all be in perfect condition or ruined condition.

As for the story, it was inspired by Faxanadu and mythology though not directly based on them. I wanted the story to feel different then the standard Zelda game but still make a game that could fit in the series - as a spinoff story anyway.

If anyone is interested in the story so far, you can look in the game topic - which is probably a better place to be discussing this anyway. icon_smile.gif [You'll find other things like game play info, more screenshots and a tech video].

Sorry for dragging this thread so far off topic icon_redface.gif

Edited by blue_knight, 19 October 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#34 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

I nulled,Aside from fireblast and Ventus,this weeks were too good.

#35 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(blue_knight @ Oct 19 2011, 06:41 PM) View Post
There will definitely be contrast between weathered and non-weathered parts and some sort of continuum. So it certainly won't all be in perfect condition or ruined condition.

As for the story, it was inspired by Faxanadu and mythology though not directly based on them. I wanted the story to feel different then the standard Zelda game but still make a game that could fit in the series - as a spinoff story anyway.

If anyone is interested in the story so far, you can look in the game topic - which is probably a better place to be discussing this anyway. icon_smile.gif [You'll find other things like game play info, more screenshots and a tech video].

Sorry for dragging this thread so far off topic icon_redface.gif

Sounds great. icon_smile.gif I mentioned it to my sister; she's very interested in the Yggdrasil myths (oh my GOD, Firefox spell check, I can't believe you're telling me I spelled that word correctly on the first try icon_eek.gif).

And the point of SotW, besides fostering competition, is to draw attention to people's quest projects... so what's wrong with talking about them a bit? icon_wink.gif Still, I'll migrate to your thread (I think I've already posted there once or twice).

#36 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Ok, cool. Don't forget to check out the thread and the latest updates. icon_smile.gif

#37 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

Ovasity - 2 votes = 3.64%
blackbishop89 - 3 votes = 5.45%
Koh - 4 votes = 7.27%
Yoshidude - 9 votes = 16.36%
Jared - 16 votes = 29.09%
blue_knight - 18 votes = 32.73%
Fireblast124 - 0 votes = 0.00%
Ventus - 3 votes = 5.45%

Total Votes: 55

This week's SotW Winner is blue_knight! Congrats on a great looking screen! icon_biggrin.gif

blue_knight
IPB Image
I wonder what's inside that chest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users