Mayath Island Remastered Help Bugs Zelda Classic Quest

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:18 PM

Thanks. I was able to finish level 6 and the quest yesterday. 

My whole issue was that I spent over 2 hours, tapping every wall and pushing every block in level 6 because the boomerang trigger as shown in the photo, which lowered the barrier to the keyblock, was hardly showing on the screen. I would consider moving it maybe one spot right and one spot up. The skeleton guy acting like you needed to achieve some sort of quest objective contributed to my confusion.

Moved the boomerang up and right as suggested. 

#47 deme

deme

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:15 AM

I can still reach that switch
zc-screen00013.png

I think I need a special item for this? 
zc-screen00016.png

#48 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

I can still reach that switch
zc-screen00013.png

I think I need a special item for this? 
zc-screen00016.png

Welp, now I fixed that Deku leaf bug by making that switch a button.

You need the level 8 dungeon item for that puzzle.

#49 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

I'm in level 5.  I've got the Deku Leaf or whatever it's called.  However, it doesn't seem sufficient to get me across some of the longest gaps - like the rooms where there are multiple tornados circling purple blocks .  Maybe I'm just using it wrong.  I don't seem to be able to make any progress after getting the leaf.

#50 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

I'm in level 5.  I've got the Deku Leaf or whatever it's called.  However, it doesn't seem sufficient to get me across some of the longest gaps - like the rooms where there are multiple tornados circling purple blocks .  Maybe I'm just using it wrong.  I don't seem to be able to make any progress after getting the leaf.

When you use the Deku leaf, you can press the button it's on to make you glide a very long distance. 

#51 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

Oh, I'm definitely doing that.  It's just not taking me all that far.  Are you saying I can keep repressing the button over and over?  Because holding it down doesn't keep me in the air anywhere near long enough to make some of these gap-paths around the purple blocks.  Like not even close.  

[edit] - I just tested and it's only taking me about 2.5 inches of screen length (maybe the length of two normal jumps) before the leaf just folds up and I drop.

Edited by congo23, 06 July 2020 - 02:08 PM.

#52 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

Oh, I'm definitely doing that.  It's just not taking me all that far.  Are you saying I can keep repressing the button over and over?  Because holding it down doesn't keep me in the air anywhere near long enough to make some of these gap-paths around the purple blocks.  Like not even close.  

[edit] - I just tested and it's only taking me about 2.5 inches of screen length (maybe the length of two normal jumps) before the leaf just folds up and I drop.

The Deku leaf is able to let Link go about 11 tiles of distance. Like if you use in at the bottom of the screen you can go to the next screen without hitting the ground. 

#53 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

The Deku leaf is able to let Link go about 11 tiles of distance. Like if you use in at the bottom of the screen you can go to the next screen without hitting the ground. 

Hmmm... if that's true, then something is seriously wrong with my version of the game.    I can get it to go about 6 or 7 tiles, max.

#54 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

Hmmm... if that's true, then something is seriously wrong with my version of the game.    I can get it to go about 6 or 7 tiles, max.

The only thing I can think of is the Zelda Classic version. Cause this was built for 2.53. That's so weird. Have you been able to get the Link animation where he has the Deku leaf out? 

#55 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:48 PM

The only thing I can think of is the Zelda Classic version. Cause this was built for 2.53. That's so weird. Have you been able to get the Link animation where he has the Deku leaf out? 

I am using 2.53, and I do have the animation where the leaf is out.  It just ends abruptly after a short distance.

#56 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

I am using 2.53, and I do have the animation where the leaf is out.  It just ends abruptly after a short distance.

When Link is in the air by the Deku Leaf, press and hold the Deku Leaf button again. 

#57 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

When Link is in the air by the Deku Leaf, press and hold the Deku Leaf button again. 

Nope, if anything that's worse.  When I let go to press and hold again, he just immediately plummets to the ground.  The leaf won't come back out a second time.

#58 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

Nope, if anything that's worse.  When I let go to press and hold again, he just immediately plummets to the ground.  The leaf won't come back out a second time.

The only thing I can recommend is to bind the B button to something else in Zelda Classic. You can also just mash the Deku Leaf button to float with it.  

#59 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:06 PM

The only thing I can recommend is to bind the B button to something else in Zelda Classic. You can also just mash the Deku Leaf button to float with it.  

Yeah, I've tried mashing it, too.  No effect.  I think this might be a gamebreaker for me, sadly.  I did enjoy it up to this point, though.

#60 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I've tried mashing it, too.  No effect.  I think this might be a gamebreaker for me, sadly.  I did enjoy it up to this point, though.

Here's a video of me using the Deku Leaf. Hopefully this helps. https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Edited by TheRock, 06 July 2020 - 03:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mayath Island Remastered, Help, Bugs, Zelda Classic, Quest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users