Photo

Metroid Dread

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:45 PM

A compilation of relevant quotes...

Well, guess what? It's real.

The announcement of a new Metroid game had my interest already. The appearance of "Metroid 5" got me intrigued. Then the title dropped... and it all came back. All the anticipation across the '00s and '10s, and here we are, standing at the brink of its release. It's incredible, unexpected, and I am beyond excited for this. I loved Samus Returns and I'm eager to dive into a sequel that fine-tunes that gameplay. And I am eager to see how, in Sakamoto's words, this supposedly concludes the story arc of Samus and the Metroids.

Here's an additional video, from Sakamoto himself, detailing in brief the history of the game's development:

And just for fun, here's a link to the Metroid Dread page on the Metroid Wiki, detailing the rumors and reports from far in the past: https://metroid.fand...ead#Development

"Metroid project "Dread" is nearing the final stages of completion," indeed.

• Anthus, Colin, Eddy and 3 others like this

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:08 AM

Can't be more dreadful than the wait.

#3 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:22 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic.

#4 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:43 AM

This is possibly one of the very few games from Nintendo's (or anybody's) E3 announcements this year that caught my interest, simply because of the whole history behind it.

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:55 AM

I am very excited for this. Honestly this even overshadowed BotW 2 for me. I'm still very excited for that too, but something about this appearing out of complete nowhere took me by surprise. I can't wait to play this when it's out tbh

• The Satellite likes this

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:27 PM

I'm so excited for this game! I loved Samus Returns as well.

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:10 PM

"Metroid project "Dread" is nearing the final stages of completion," indeed.

Next thing you know, they'll be announcing that L is real.

• Rambly, The Satellite, Russ and 2 others like this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:28 PM

I take back every unkind thing I ever said about Sakamoto. Now, if only Retro Studios would finish Super Mario 128.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 04:41 PM

I've put in about six hours between today and last night after midnight and this game is really fucking good. Control-wise it's definitely a refinement of Samus Returns, though a few small things can be awkward and the continued exclusion of rebinding controls is baffling. Visually, it looks great, environments are full of detail and occasional background events that add life to the world. It's more linear, perhaps not quite as much as Fusion, but still involves that Metroid tradition of revisiting previous areas with new gear to find new paths and upgrades.

Only flaws so far, well, I will admit that musically nothing's really stood out to me. The other is the load times. The game begins with a very long loading screen, and any time you take a transport to another area, you're stuck watching Samus take a ride for quite a bit before it loads the other area. It's the only real downside and can hurt the pacing a bit, because otherwise it's pretty fast-paced, much like Fusion. A lot of things make this feel like a "Fusion 2" in some ways. And that's by no means a bad thing.

• Rambly and Anthus like this

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 October 2021 - 04:09 AM

So I played for about five hours or so, and so far it is really good. I do agree with TS about the music so far though. I made it to the first big boss (if you know, you know) and decided to stop for the night.

It really is 2D Metroid. That's all I can really say without going into spoilers, but so far, this is great.

• The Satellite likes this

#11 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 10 October 2021 - 05:30 PM

great game play it 

#12 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 10 October 2021 - 09:48 PM

I want to play this, but I also want to keep my job.

#13 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2021 - 10:24 PM

Nearly picked this one up today, but after doing so much indie gaming combined with Steam sales it's hard to justify dropping 70 bucks on one game - especially if it's just another Metroidvania.

#14 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 October 2021 - 10:34 PM

This game is absolutely amazing so far.

#15 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:00 AM

I've spent a good portion of this weekend destroying everything in my path, like the good little parasite I am. I don't think I'm going to try for a sub 4 hour hard mode run just yet.

I've enjoyed all of the fights so far - nothing has been really bad imo

Spoiler

Edited by Magi_Hero, 11 October 2021 - 11:01 AM.

• Anthus and The Satellite like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users