Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

Ah. Yeah I just figured it out in my last session. I was coming back to say figured it out. xD

10 more coins.
1 more health orb.
1 more spell.
Final boss.
  • Russ likes this

#152 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

That was lots of fun. Nice quest. I am gonna continue Naiya's story in Yuurand.

• Aevin likes this

#153 Fiore

Fiore

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:02 AM

Just sat down and spent half the day playing this, very neat.

It took me a while to get into it, there are a lot of enemies with a lot of health in the first few areas that are a real pain to take care of with no good spells, and before I started recognizing the patterns that indicated where the fake/breakable walls were they felt really unfair (especially when the right ways out of the caverns are behind a hidden path, whereas the way into the Sky? area where you can't do anything yet is just out in the open)

After that initial hump and after picking up enough spells and upgrades to start getting stronger it felt so much better to play, I despise the pumpkin enemies so it was very cathartic to see whole rooms of them get torn apart by a torrent of x2 power, 1/2 cost, lv2 bubble spells

overall a very unique and interesting visual style and mechanics given the engine its built in, refreshing to play a game with different things to offer than standard zelda

ALMOST finished with 100%, except for a single room in the lower left corner of the last area that I just couldn't figure out how to get to

Edited by Fiore, 11 November 2019 - 03:03 AM.

#154 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Try playing with the Maze path mechanics to reach the warp in the first room of Venter Mortis to get to that room.

#155 Fiore

Fiore

• Members

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

Try playing with the Maze path mechanics to reach the warp in the first room of Venter Mortis to get to that room.

I got into that one no problem, the one I couldn't figure out was the warp in the room to the north of the maze

#156 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Figure out which directions you're going when following the stream of poisonwater that solves the maze path, then repeat those directions in a way that would land you where the warp is.

#157 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

I started to play Rhone story. In Japanese, hitodama means the spirit of a dead person, and yuurei means the ghost. I think Aevin wants to mean Hitodama Will-o'-the-wisps.

Also, you can see a Reikon screenshot there.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 05 April 2020 - 08:14 PM.

#158 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:10 PM

I started to play Rhone story. In Jananese, hitodama means the spirit of a dead person, and yuurei means the ghost. I think Aevin wants to mean Hitodama Will-o'-the-wisps.

Also, you can see a Reikon screenshot there.

Hitodama can mean souls of the dead, but also can refer specifically to balls of fire that appear with more powerful ghosts. Though these are sort of one int he same ... the balls of fire are spirits of the dead themselves.

As for Reikon ... I'm aware that kon (根) means "root," but the word here is 霊魂, which means soul.

Anyway, happy you're playing the quest. I do hope you're enjoying it. :)

• DarkFlameSheep likes this

#159 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:24 PM

Onibi (鬼火) matches will-o'-the-wisp or Jack-o'-Lantern a bit more than Hitodama. Also, lotus root is called renkon (蓮根) in Japanese. So it's a word play and a joke.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 05 April 2020 - 09:19 PM.

• Russ, Aevin and Epsalon ZX like this

#160 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:58 PM

You're a native Japanese speaker? That's cool. I don't get the opportunity to talk with many anymore ...

Onibi may be a more specific word, but there's a word play that relies on using Hitodama. Native Japanese probably think my use of these words is a bit silly, but I think it's an effective enough thing to English speakers.

Regarding the word play ...

Hitodama spoilers

• DarkFlameSheep and Epsalon ZX like this

#161 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:36 PM

I'm a Japanese from Japan. So my English isn't often good.

I believe Hitodama sounds better than onibi. And I can understand why you named him Hito.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 05 April 2020 - 10:17 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#162 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:34 PM

In Poisonous Corridor, there is an energy orb surrounded by 4 blue blocks. I can't figure out how to unlock it. It's my last orb to find. I'm at the end of the game.

#163 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:09 PM

In Poisonous Corridor, there is an energy orb surrounded by 4 blue blocks. I can't figure out how to unlock it. It's my last orb to find. I'm at the end of the game.

Are you referring to this one on the Yuurand map?

cQXM0q1.png

This can be opened via a hidden switch by coming from the screen on the right:

Spoiler

#164 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

Are you referring to this one on the Yuurand map?

cQXM0q1.png

This can be opened via a hidden switch by coming from the screen on the right:

Spoiler

Thanks! got it. The Poison Magic is just awesome. My favorite with the Flame Form.

• Aevin likes this

#165 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 August 2020 - 06:56 PM

Hello I was playing the Yuurand map and I'm stuck, I beat Seine and can't get anything done in any of the areas. (I have Sound Wave, Quake, Poison, and Bubble)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users