Promised Lands - Help/Comments Thread

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#31 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks :) (and also thanks to all those who have left great comments)

Sure, I'm ok with you uploading your playthrough.

#32 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I finished Level 3! Wait to see Level 3, Avataro.

This quest is a playable bomb. Jamian marking a new standar for quests.

I'm in the sky now *.*

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#33 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Okay, got the blue candle, got the first door unlocked and not sure how to lower the gray barrier in there.  Have no idea where to go from here, and... I'm guessing there's a red candle upgrade in the same dungeon?  Otherwise I'm just completely confused by the multiple torches thing.

#34 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Scootaloo:

Spoiler

#35 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

The caves in this game are pure magic. I loved the design and the atmosphere.

For now, my only (minor) complain is... the way you blocked certain things in the overworld. The perfect example, the blocks with cracks on the bridges. These type of details feel a bit ugly. I would like that the way that I expand the overworld feel a bit more natural.

I saved my file at the start of level 4, I will continue morning! Looks promising!

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 November 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#36 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Ah, I figured it out and beat Level 1.  I knew that switch was there, but uh... had never picked up a certain other item on my way to Level 1.  I admit, I'm a little torn here- I loved the dungeon, but it felt like I was just sort of jerked me out the immersion of it when I left the dungeon out of frustration and then found what I needed on the overworld.  It felt jarring and kind of broke the flow of the game for me.  I don't think I would've minded so much if this were a few dungeons in.

Still really well designed, regardless of that.  Loved the mini-boss fight.

#37 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Check Ulrira before a dungeon to be sure that you have all the important items.

#38 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

I checked him the first time around and all I got was "This is Ulrira!  Call me if you need help! *click*"  I assumed since it was still only the beginning of the game, I wouldn't get much more than that. :P

Another thing that I'd like to add is that, at first, I was skeptical of the graphics use, but I have to say that so far, it's really unique and I think it actually really works well.  It definitely has its own flavor.

#39 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

This game is pretty ridiculous. I'm at the Level 4 midboss so far and I've gotta say these are some very innovative ideas and the mixed graphical sets work very well with each other. I was blown away by Level 1 and they keep coming.

#40 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

I just streamed two videos, I beat the 1st dungeon. Really good job man, I'll be uploading the videos to my youtube channel very soon. 

#41 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

I've been around here for a few months now enjoying all these quests but this specific one is definitely the reason I decided to make an account. I just finished level 6 and I have to say, I am having way too much fun with it. The minigames were fun and the bosses so far seemed well thought out. Definitely my favorite quest so far :)

#42 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Sword, boomerang and blue lamp.....are these the only items needed to get the first key???  I'm missing something. ( I have those 3 items.....and I know that switch is there)

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 14 November 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#43 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yep. You can see where the first key is as soon as you enter the dungeon. You have to use the same method you used to get to the blue candle, but in a different room of course.

#44 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

When do you get a sword upgrade, and is it hard to find? I beat level 3. :)

#45 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Totally loving this.  Thanks so much for the quest!

I think I just unlocked the second door in level 1.  I'm in the northeast-most floor of F-1 in Level 1, and don't see (well, .. feel. :sweat: ) a way to lower this gray block on the left side of the screen at the end of the tile walkway.  There's this area in the upper right of the screen that I can barely see with an unlit torch, but can't quite figure out a way to actually reach it.  Do I have to go there from an upper floor and drop down to light it? 

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Yes, yes you do!  There's a stairs in the floor / room above it that you go down that drops you right there at the unlit lamp.  Sweet.  Time to progress.

EDIT2:  ... Now to figure out where that door is that opened after the miniboss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users