#16 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

so 2 things bug me with this

0c131ced50.png

a)

i have set the Tile Warp like this for B (the one used)

a8efaa2697.png

60dda675c1.png

and i picked Cave Down A for this Tile (couldn't find enter door) but he just warps to a empty black tile?

B)

This is what it looks ingame altho i used a Different pallette as seen above?

3ede1dd898.png

#17 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

Sorry you're running into so much trouble. The editor's relatively flexible, but there's a lot to learn at first.

The trouble with your tile warp lies with the Type. The Cave/Item Cellar type is meant for warping to a sort of "sub room" to the screen you're on. Think of the caves in the original Legend of Zelda where you get items and rupees and such. It warps you to a specific screen that's the same for the whole map. If you haven't checked out the ZCWiki yet, I highly recommend it. It's a great reference, and will probably answer a lot of questions for you with a quick search. Here's its explanation of warps, with a list of what the different types do. In this case, you could possibly use the Entrance/Exit type, or one of the instant warp with transitions.

For b, the confusing thing here is that changing the palette on the screens themselves is just a preview. Actually changing the palette needs to be done through the DMap editor. Quest->DMaps, then the Appearance tab. There'll be a place to select the palette there.

#18 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:14 PM

thanks, works all perfectly :)

exept when i switch between ZQuest and ZC that often ZC hangs up but i guess thats the game.

all working perfectly thanks :)

#19 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

geez it seems i broke my game now lol i edited a tile wich i dont remember wich and now ALL animated tiles start at animation 2 instead of 1 so they go to 2 3 4 and the 1st of the next tile wich then looks like this, is there a autoway of fixing that?

0ce2a32523.png

6deebc55d9.png

Edited by Heffernans, 28 December 2019 - 02:39 AM.

#20 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:15 AM

Well, you can see what tiles a combo uses by right clicking the combo and choosing "open tile page." Looks like you may have pasted some ice block tiles in a bad spot? You could open a fresh version of the tileset and export the tile page using the button at the bottom of the tile pages, then grab the water tiles back in. Alternatively, you could try loading a quest backup to see if there's one before the change.

#21 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:18 AM

Well, you can see what tiles a combo uses by right clicking the combo and choosing "open tile page." Looks like you may have pasted some ice block tiles in a bad spot? You could open a fresh version of the tileset and export the tile page using the button at the bottom of the tile pages, then grab the water tiles back in. Alternatively, you could try loading a quest backup to see if there's one before the change.

thats the problem, ALL animated tiles somehow shifted to starting at the 2nd animation instead of first :(

#22 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

thats the problem, ALL animated tiles somehow shifted to starting at the 2nd animation instead of first :(

Did you perhaps 'Right Click -> Insert', or 'Right Click -> Delete' a tile?

#23 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

i hope not but on the Combo tile page

ba79e4188a.png

everything looks normal

altho some pages before i inserted new selfmade tiles

da428ffd80.png

#24 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

If you 'edit combo' on one of the affected combos, what tile is selected?

#25 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

always the second

dd6d799706.png

#26 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:48 AM

Then indeed you did something to screw up the tile order. Be careful about that. The only good fix here is to start over from the fresh tileset; you can use one of the import options to re-import the combos/tiles from the tileset.

#27 Heffernans

Heffernans

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:59 AM

Then indeed you did something to screw up the tile order. Be careful about that. The only good fix here is to start over from the fresh tileset; you can use one of the import options to re-import the combos/tiles from the tileset.

Thanks, tho thing its its only a QST file not a Tileset file :(

edit: to much changes already ill just repair some needed myself thx :)

Edited by Heffernans, 28 December 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#28 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

Thanks, tho thing its its only a QST file not a Tileset file :(

edit: to much changes already ill just repair some needed myself thx :)

Tilesets are always qst files, pretty much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users