Fall 2019 Expo Submissions Now Open!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

PureZC Fall 2019 Expo

Hey everyone! That's right, it's coming back! The time for the Expo has arrived, and as such, submissions for the 2019 Fall Expo are now officially open! For those of you who don't know, the Expo is quite simply a showcase of the latest ZC projects from our members. The whole point is to allow members to show off their hard work and future content and to receive constructive feedback all in one place. It serves as a boost to individual project attention and to community engagement overall, so please don't be shy when deciding to submit! Everyone is welcome to participate, but please read the instructions below to get started!

If you are interested in submitting an Expo entry, all you have to do is make a topic within this forum. There's no requirement as to the format of your topic as part of the point is to come up with a good and creative layout to show off your content to the fullest. Once you post your topic, it will automatically be hidden from view. Therefore, before you submit, please read and review the rest of the information in this topic, shown below, to make sure your submission abides by the guidelines. Additionally, please preview and proofread your post to make sure everything looks good on your end before you click "Post".

Allowed Expo Submission Content

• Quest projects and work-in-progress tilesets
  • Quests and tilesets completed since January 1st, 2019
  • New scripts, music, etc.

We are pretty flexible here in terms of what can be submitted to the Expo, so don't let the list above restrict you! We will let you know if your submission is not allowed, but if you aren't sure, you can always ask me directly or simply post a reply in this thread.

Submission Guidelines

• Multiple Expo submissions are allowed.
  • PureZC will host up to 15 images for each submission. Simply link your images within your post using an external image hosting site such as imgur, and we will move them to PureZC's hosting for you. You are allowed to have more than 15 images, but those beyond the first 15 will have to be hosted on another site.
  • PureZC will host only 1 quest demo per submission. You can link your demo using something like Dropbox, and it will be moved for you. If your demo uses Enhanced Music, it must be linked separately from the demo itself as the music will not be moved over to PureZC's hosting.
  • If you post your submission and realize you've made a mistake, you may contact me for small edits. If you want to make major changes, simply create another submission and we will replace it for you.
  • Hide your signature to make things look more professional!
  • Feel free to include a submission poll for people to easily review your content, though it is not required. Additionally, you can include questions to get people to give you specific feedback. Your submission is your own, so format it the way you want!

Submission Deadline: Saturday, October 26th, at 11:59pm EST
Expo Opening: Saturday, November 2nd

(Note: EST stands for Eastern Standard Time. If you are unsure what time that correlates to in your timezone, simply Google "11:59pm EST" and Google will automatically convert the time to your specific timezone.)

Once the Expo opens on the stated date, all submissions will be viewable in this forum for everyone to see! We hope everyone will participate in viewing what's in store this year as well as providing constructive feedback to help support the developers! Lastly, thank you for reading, and we hope you all have a great time with this year's Expo! Thank you to Aevin for setting up the Expo subforums for us. We can't wait to see what everyone will submit! If you have any questions or concerns, you may write a post in this topic or contact me.

Best of luck, everyone! :)

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#2 a30502355

a30502355

Hi

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:11 AM

I'm not going to release another demo for the ROSEMASTER. But maybe if I'm feeling really motivated, I might do something small for the expo. (And submit it in the very last second.)

Excited to see what other people have been working on though.

Edited by a30502355, 14 September 2019 - 01:11 AM.

• Avaro likes this

#3 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Humans Are Dangerous - SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:29 AM

Do i make a topic here for a Expo submission?

I have a quest i want to submit.  My quest i've been working on for a long time now.

How am i supposed to submit it here exactly?

Do i just leave a link download to my game for the Expo here?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 14 September 2019 - 01:41 AM.

#4 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, you got it. Make a thread here in the dropbox forum that looks just how you want everyone to see it, with whatever screenshots you want, and a download link to your demo. It'll be hidden when you post, and the staff will make everything visible when the Expo opens. We'll also move the screenshots and demo to the Expo's file space here on PureZC so no links expire.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#5 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:19 AM

Does my project really need Pictures though?

Did i do this right??..

Edited by David, 14 September 2019 - 07:31 AM.
Removed spoiler tag

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:11 AM

You've got the right idea, but you're supposed to make the submission a new thread in this forum.

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:46 AM

You've got the right idea, but you're supposed to make the submission a new thread in this forum.

Wait,what?  i don't understand .

What do i do??

How do i do that here?

Ok .. i just tried to start a new topic with the exact same info in the drop box page thingy.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 14 September 2019 - 06:43 AM.

#8 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:30 AM

We received your submission! Once you posted it, it was hidden automatically so no one else can see it but the staff. Everything looks good on my end.

I also removed the spoiler tag from your previous post so that others can't see your Expo submission early.

If you need me to make any changes, do not hesitate to contact me! Thanks. :)

#9 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Ok* thank you

OH One more thing,

It Use's Alpha 30..

I forgot to write that in my demo page  :(  

Can you add that at the top?

Also, .. you get a special item early, if you start your save file with the word  - Mystical

I just fixed some dungeon errors i missed also, so am re-uploading*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 14 September 2019 - 08:37 PM.

#10 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:24 PM

I will add that to the top. Will I need to change the download links or are you reuploading to the same link so that it's already updated on your Expo submission?

#11 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Members

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

No you don't have to change any links.

My download links all use the same links from my demo page. 

So if i update/reload the game file, to fix any errors i find in mediafire, it will always automatically be updated by itself.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 15 September 2019 - 05:26 PM.

• David likes this

#12 Thunderfist

Thunderfist

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

So does the submission have to be completed to any specific degree,

or is this just for any and all new material?

#13 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

It doesn't have to be. You can think of it as a preview or teaser announcement, if you prefer, something to show off what you've been working on, your plans for the future, generating hype, that kind of thing. It's entirely up to you.

#14 Thunderfist

Thunderfist

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:22 AM

Well, I've got something I'd like to at least get playable in that time, if possible;

but can anyone with experience creating fully-working custom subscreens from scratch take a look at mine?

I'm using a variety of interesting ideas in tandem and the current model is stuck in development Hell,

because I can't get a dang custom subscreen working for the life of me

even after reading all the tutorials and forum help I could find anywhere on the internet.

I must be missing a key step somewhere that seems intuitive to some but wasn't to me, and I'd like to have it done in time for the Expo.

#15 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:05 AM

I see you've already made a topic here regarding this custom subscreen stuff, maybe you can ask in there for someone to look at it? I'll let further correspondence regarding that occur in that thread. Best of luck with the subscreen, I know it can be tricky to make it all work. Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with! :)

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users