Destiny of the Oracles- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#46 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:15 AM

At black tower stuck but din is missing her 4th skill any hint ?

The 4th Rod ability is found in Din level 7.

You should have required it to finish Din level 8.

Unless you're referring to something else?

So in Din's level 1, I kept randomly falling through the floor. I assume that's not supposed to happen?

The top and bottom of each platform may be a pit.

I didn't actively label them as to whether they were or not.

#47 telepot

telepot

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

I've triggered the eye switch but this screen still has water;

nvm, figured out what to do

Spoiler

Tile error on this screen:

Spoiler

Does this yellow tile mean something?

Spoiler

Edited by telepot, 24 September 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#48 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:11 PM

zc-screen00006.png

Does this yellow tile mean something?

zc-screen00008.png

Thanks for finding that tile error!

The pale star triiggers secrets but you have to go a certain distance onto it to activate.

The yellow star triggers secrets immediately.

This was added in order to keep you from crossing to the door without triggering secrets.

#49 rgamerzc

rgamerzc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:51 PM

I have encountered a bug in the hall of mirrors which prevents me from completing the dungeon.  There's a bugged door transition that leaves me stuck in a wall on the room that is 6 right and 2 down from the left corner so I cannot progress.

#50 aranche

aranche

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:41 AM

The 4th Rod ability is found in Din level 7.

You should have required it to finish Din level 8.

Unless you're referring to something else?

The top and bottom of each platform may be a pit.

I didn't actively label them as to whether they were or not.

well ehm to be honest i have finished level 8 with out the skill it was kinda cheesy if you use the quake the rock dissapear and normally you cant cross that litttle gap with water i used the feather and immediately used the 3rd skill to come across and that is how i finished level 8....sorry wasnt the intended strat but hey it worked 

#51 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:41 AM

I have encountered a bug in the hall of mirrors which prevents me from completing the dungeon.  There's a bugged door transition that leaves me stuck in a wall on the room that is 6 right and 2 down from the left corner so I cannot progress.

It is nearly impossible for me to determine where this is based on merely the numerical description.
Could you provide a screenshot?
Also, how is the door transition bugged?

well ehm to be honest i have finished level 8 with out the skill it was kinda cheesy if you use the quake the rock dissapear and normally you cant cross that litttle gap with water i used the feather and immediately used the 3rd skill to come across and that is how i finished level 8....sorry wasnt the intended strat but hey it worked

That method is fine, though you're missing out on the most powerful rod ability by doing so.

I should also add for future bug reports: Please indicate what version of ZC you are using.

I've already had numerous things relayed to me which boiled down to differences in the newer versions I was unaware of.

#52 rgamerzc

rgamerzc

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 01:46 PM

This is the broken screen that I am talking about.  Version 2.53 RC.
https://imgur.com/fogEQMz

Edited by rgamerzc, 25 September 2020 - 01:47 PM.

#53 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

This is the broken screen that I am talking about.  Version 2.53 RC.

I see what you mean.

I actually encountered this bug during testing and thought I had fixed it.

I will have to recheck things and update the quest accordingly.

Edit: The next update for the quest should fix this issue.

There was a script in that room which was set up incorrectly.

Edited by ywkls, 25 September 2020 - 02:10 PM.

#54 telepot

telepot

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:33 PM

Using 2.53 and the latest update, left click does not work for the magic book. I have "click to freeze" turned off.

#55 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:24 PM

Using 2.53 and the latest update, left click does not work for the magic book. I have "click to freeze" turned off.

I can fix that via script...

Click to freeze can be enabled/disabled via script if you don't want to turn it on.

The primary reason I'm using the mouse is that all other buttons are being used.

If you can suggest an alternative, let me know.

Edited by ywkls, 25 September 2020 - 09:24 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#56 rgamerzc

rgamerzc

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:18 AM

I'm starting to think that 

Spoiler
isn't a very balanced boss fight at all.  The swapping mechanic gets annoying and it doesn't stay in any one form for too long so I cannot get a good window into damaging the boss.  Also that boss just deals too much damage even with the max defense.  I think I'm at my 6 or 7th go at that boss and I think I'm just plain old stuck.

#57 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:32 AM

The swapping mechanic gets annoying and it doesn't stay in any one form for too long so I cannot get a good window into damaging the boss.  Also that boss just deals too much damage even with the max defense.  I think I'm at my 6 or 7th go at that boss and I think I'm just plain old stuck.

Sorry to hear that.

Here's a few tips.

The homing arrow will keep tracking an enemy even when it isn't vulnerable.

The freezing magic (Winter's Chill) does the most damage with the rod.

There's a ring sold for 999 which doubles the speed at which you can fire arrows.

The boss is supposed to switch to a form which isn't weak to your current character.

Hitting it with Farore is harder than the other 2.

The whirling dervish attack leaves the boss vulnerable for a longer period of time than any other.

Be sure to use your healing ability often. It gets stronger as you progress in the quest.

The fight is effectively paused while you are switching characters or have the menu open.

Be sure to buy the Revival Potion. It is sold in a shop in Asymmetry City for 700.

It is also in a shop near the Black Tower in the Mirror Realm which is opened with Bombos.

Spoiler

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#58 rgamerzc

rgamerzc

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:15 PM

That's my major problem with the boss is that I'm too busy healing to have MP to do anything else because trying to get the timing down on actually hurting the boss with one of the characters isn't actually feasible since the boss's forms is too random for me to actually do anything but swap constantly to try and get the character they're weak towards and then they swap weaknesses again so even more time wasted on swapping characters which isn't fun.  And I have the cheaper revival potion as well and I still die anyways because I'm too busy healing and whiffing my attacks on the wrong forms.

Edited by rgamerzc, 26 September 2020 - 01:18 PM.

#59 Tryna

Tryna

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler

#60 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:55 AM

I'm not sure about the clues showing up red after you finish them. 

I will have to look into that.

Spoiler

Edited by ywkls, 27 September 2020 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users