• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:20 PM

zc_screen00167.png
So this means Sandcroc will be playable right? Or maybe I could stuff a character into a bee suit to make a 4th bee-series robot?

Or something from Hero of Fire's game could be cool; he regularly contributes to the yuurand community.

• Anthus and Russ like this

#17 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:18 AM

For Everyone who want to Play all Characters Here is my Password :D

4FE5A1AF440700EDFF
EFDA6F8FF7003D0624

#18 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:10 PM

As I pondered this quest more, I did have some feature ideas for the future that might add more appeal derived from what the appeal of the randomizer genre is. The obvious main appeal of a randomized experience is that it's different every time you run, but the level of which each run differs very much differs from game to game in the genre.

Yuurand don't actually randomize that many things, the main things being: Where you get the spells and where the roaming boss shows up. As well as what specific bosses you will be fighting.
That's actually not a huge number of things that differ, fragmented mode does add a lot more to table though, with both getting a random set of areas but also having them connect up in a random manner. But to me Yuurand mostly excels at having a lot of pre-designed content, which is not something most randomizers do. But I do think extra randomization can be done. Like, compare and contrast to something like Binding of Isaac where the items you get in a given run radically changes how they play between one and another, even if you play as the same character.

Now, I realize, feature requests are by defining asking for "more work" to be put into something, but I mostly just want to get these ideas out of my mind and written down here, more so than I actually want their implementation and inclusion. So don't take them too seriously if you don't want to.

More Spells
There's two routes to this in my mind, either:

A. Three new spells slots are added to the inventory, or,

B. The new spells replaces existing ones that could be redundant.

The idea of any of the new additional spells would be that an arbitrary amount of them can be made, and which ones show up in a given run is... well, random. This means you can get some exclusive tools in certain runs. Existing spells can't easily be replaced because the majority of them are required for at least something in some labyrinth, but there are some exceptions. Photon could easily be replaced with Photon copy-cats, the same spell in function but a different element; The only thing that needs to be changed for that to work are the few photon specific rooms to have the trigger type replaced (Either to in base cover any Photon replacements, or dynamically depending on what is rolled). Likewise, the two primaries that you don't start with (or one in multiplayer), could be replaced with something else, since I think(?) they all cover the same bases in regards to needs.

A big advantage of this addition would be that elements that only have one spell associated with them can now potentially have another show up in a run, this obviously provides more utility, but could also be extra exciting if you happen to roll something your character has a bonus with. Quake is the only earth based spell in the main pool, and while it has its uses, one that function radically different like, I dunno, a stalagmite drop from the ceiling? Could offer different utility and combat options.

Reworked Relaxed
I went over the topic a bit before but I have pondered it more and, I think I have some ideas as to make it better?

The point of relaxed should obviously be to:

A. Allow people for which normal is too hard to beat the quest.

B. Let people play a more relaxed experience should they so choose, for whatever reason.

But these goals can be achieved in different ways that radically changes the experience. While Yuurand generally get a bit easier the further you get into a run due the spells you amass giving you more options, this is exaggerated when playing on relaxed I feel, making the earlier parts of a given run way harder than anything else, including the final boss. So I think it's worth a rework to better provide the same experience but in an easier packaging. Because currently? You can mostly just face tank everything halfway into a relaxed run.

So, first I'll list the changes and then I will afterwards follow up and explain them.

A. When starting the game in relaxed:

1. Start the game with one or two more life containers.

2. Add enough extra life containers to the randomization pool to fill the extra bar at the end of the run. (Fill up with Double Coin spots as needed).

B. Make most enemies deal the same amount of damage as their normal counter parts, outside of potentially problematic enemies that could be seen as a struggle (like the likelike behaviour giant jelly).
C. A passive increase the chance for life refills to drop from enemies on relaxed.

D. If bosses currently have nerfed HP and Damage in relaxed, make it less nerfed than it was before, HP/(boss damage taken) could be identical to Normal.

So the goal here is to encourage taking part in the experience the quest wants to offer. If you're not very skilled or know what you want when you start the game, then I think that's a good enough reason to tweak the item pool. This change ensures that you have a bigger safety net of health both at the start of the game, throughout most of it, and at the very end.

I think tweaking general enemy damage to be more in line with normal but instead drop more health pick ups better encourages actually dodging and killing them, rather than face tanking them. Even a struggling player should manage this with the extra safety net of a higher HP pool to draw from.

Boss fights feel a bit too trivial currently, especially the later ones, the extra health pool you can get by starting on relaxed should give you more to work with when fighting them so I don't think they need much other nerfing? They should deal slightly less damage maybe than their normal counter parts, to also account for that you might not have started on relaxed. But I do 100% think they should have the same amount of effective health as on normal as to not feel like a breeze that you quickly beat, they should feel like a fight, even if they aren't, and making them last a decent amount of time does wonders to that.

Maybe relaxed don't need a rework, but I feel like it might offer a vastly inferior experience to the players in which it's made to be for, than what those who can play on normal get.

#19 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:39 PM

I appear to be missing the songs EXboss 4 and 18.

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:09 AM

ExBoss4, due to a weird series of quirks, isn't actually used and so isn't in the music folder. ExBoss18 does appear to be in the main music download. Not sure why it isn't showing up for you but regardless, here's a direct link to it.

#21 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:39 AM

ExBoss4, due to a weird series of quirks, isn't actually used and so isn't in the music folder. ExBoss18 does appear to be in the main music download. Not sure why it isn't showing up for you but regardless, here's a direct link to it.

Yeah, I ran into Lumen and the area song kept playing, I figured it was one of the two missing ones.

#22 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:49 AM

I have found a glitch where in the Toybox challenge area (The dungeon) the pads that heal your health and magic don't appear and I can't use them. 

Edited by Waluigi20, 24 February 2021 - 06:12 PM.

#23 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:09 PM

Wait is the warp space supposed to have music? I don't have any music when I go there.

#24 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

Odd... I just confirmed that it is in the music pack. Regardless, you can download it here. This is for the fragmented hub area Warp Space. The Reikon labyrinth area uses the same song but a different filename for somewhat silly reasons, so if THAT'S the one you're missing, just copy this file and rename it "Reikon - WarpSpace.ogg".

#25 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:14 PM

When I try to open the custom seed template says it requires a password, is it supposed to do that?

Edited by Waluigi20, 02 March 2021 - 11:14 PM.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:06 AM

Okay, the problem is that it's a .z file. When you open it, your computer is assuming it's an archive format, trying to open it with something like winRAR, and then getting confused cuz it's not in the format it expects. You'll want to right click -> open with -> and choose a text editor like Notepad.

#27 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:31 AM

Okay, Thanks.

#28 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:11 PM

Hi, so I've been playing a custum seed called Tour The Abyss, and I've gotten stuck, the only thing I can do now is fight the Venter Mortis boss, and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. (I've beaten Horizon and Jandra and explored every area I found.) 

Edited by Waluigi20, 03 March 2021 - 07:11 PM.

#29 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:02 PM

Hi, so I've been playing a custum seed called Tour The Abyss, and I've gotten stuck, the only thing I can do now is fight the Venter Mortis boss, and I don't think I'm ready for it yet. (I've beaten Horizon and Jandra and explored every area I found.) 

You can use PK Thunder, found in Blood Chamber to open the southern exit of Warp Space, opening a new hub area leading to all the remaining bosses.

#30 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the help Moosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users