Photo

Screenshot of the Week 439

Shoelace Chris Miller Twilight_Knight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 439 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Do you happen to be colorblind? I don't mean this offensively at all; rather, I'm able to see larger, darker green patches that the "slightly bent line[s] of green pixels" connect to.

I sorta do but still :|
maybe its more noticeable in game??
Screen Shots come out smaller then the game dose (assuming ur playing in full screen)

I didn't mean to offend anyways,

Edited by LTTP, 20 January 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#17 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

This is the best screen shot of the week in a long time. I can't figure out who to vote for.

-Strike

#18 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

I voted for Shoelace. I would have voted for Chris Miller, but I hate romance and the basic idea of human intimacy. Blech.
  • nicklegends and UZF like this

#19 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

I can't decide between Twilight_Knight or Shoelace. Can I vote for both?

#20 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

I can't decide between Twilight_Knight or Shoelace. Can I vote for both?

It depends on if the Knight of Twilight remembered to tie his shoelace during the week of the screenshot.
  • Jared likes this

#21 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

This is the greatest SotW competition of all time.

Fucking Penguinz0 would approve of this (as his descriptions are usually the same as what's been said above this line)

Anyway, went for Shoelace, he pulled off transparent water so well, and the screen generally looks so beautiful.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 20 January 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#22 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Wow, I really like the shots this week. 

Chris Miller's has the mood down all of the way.   It is interesting to see the moon and another planet in the distance.  Is Link on another World?  :O   Also, I was also wondering if Zelda is an alien because I didn't know it was Zelda until the description.  It looks like her hair hugging Link, instead of her arm, which is why I had thought it was an Alien. XD  So I wonder if it is both!

Twilight Knight's is really good.  This one feels like a fire area.  I love these screens this month because it is just not a picture.  You can feel the atmosphere in the screens.  The layout is awesome as well.  Those craters to the right of that tree, does fire cycle out of them?   I think that would really bring out the scene is I playing it through.  Great job.

I wanted to comment on my screen.  This is the first screen that I wanted to show from HomeTown Island.   I worked really hard to get the water to animate fluidly and I am hoping one day to show it in action.   I am glad that you guys are liking the tileset.  I want to release the tileset once the game is complete.

• nicklegends, Avaro, UZF and 1 other like this

#23 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Twilight Knight's is really good.  This one feels like a fire area.  I love these screens this month because it is just not a picture.  You can feel the atmosphere in the screens.  The layout is awesome as well.  Those craters to the right of that tree, does fire cycle out of them?   I think that would really bring out the scene is I playing it through.  Great job.

Thanks. Those aren't actually little fire spitting pits, but plant stumps. That's a great idea though!

I'm really curious about Eye of the Moon. Do you have a discussion thread about it? Also I really hated using those mountains, all the different tiles. They are pretty, but cost me many hours and hours to make in NTAEL. Though they are very pretty.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 20 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#24 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I voted for Shoelace. 

Chris Miller's tiles don't go well together. The moon, and the earth look too pixelated and are much blander compared to the trees. The bridge also doesn't fit in very well either. Also, why do the trees seem so bright? It's night time and everything is dark, why do the trees look like they are stuck in daytime mode?

Twilight Knight made a very solid screen. I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks kinda bland with all of the brown though.

Shoelace made an excellent screen! The atmosphere is very vibrant and the colors fit well. All except for the blue shell of course, but maybe that shell contains a secret? ;) Also, those gray trees kinda kill it too...

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Shoelace easily gets my vote here. The graphics and the details, as well as the theme and the feel of that area are just too good.

The other 2 screens are awesome too!! This is truly one of the best SotW contests in a long time :D

Edited by Avataro, 26 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

With 57.63% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 439 is Shoelace!

Shoelace.png

Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shoelace, Chris Miller, Twilight_Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users