• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:09 AM

This is one creative thread, don't mind if I join in the fun?

What I accomplish today was a cutscene that took me three days to get right. I think it's done... for now. I so damn proud of it. Through I like to show screenshots of the intro but I'll save that for the demo. I shown 1 screenshot through, happy hunting if your that curious icon_wink.gif.

That was my third cutscene I made in ZC I think I getting the swing of it.

#17 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hmmm. Nothing yet today. But last night I got my bomb flowers to almost work right. Walk on them or hit them with a weapon and they'll do a one-second animation, then explode! Dig them up with the shovel, however, and you get a bomb out of it. It even works with the MC-like burnable grass I've made, if you put the flower next to (or use the tall grass bombflower).
Unfortunately, I can only get one bombflower to go off at a time, and strange things happen if I leave the screen before they actually go boom (namely, the new screen gets the explosion instead). That's for another time.
Tonight, I plan on revising my Shooting Gallery script. Or fixing my almost-working Garo. I have a lot of 'almost-working' stuff.

#18 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

Made my custom subscreen, and one screen, nothing much

#19 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

Worked on my Minish Cap subscreen for awhile. Nothing much other than that. But I am quite proud of how it's turning out so far.

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

That's great symbiote! Sounds great, gotta try them some time!
And Yoshidude, I saw it, it looks great!

Moo2wo, will it act like the MC Subscreen, or look like it? But still sounds awesome!

#21 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

I finished my shot for the next SotW. Hopefully it will compare with what others are entering with.

#22 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Mar 22 2011, 05:35 PM) View Post
That's great symbiote! Sounds great, gotta try them some time!
And Yoshidude, I saw it, it looks great!

Moo2wo, will it act like the MC Subscreen, or look like it? But still sounds awesome!

It looks like the MC subscreen.

I got some Minish Cap sprites for Pure Remembrance, also. Forgot to mention that.

Edited by Moo2wo, 22 March 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#23 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Oh, that's VERY nice!
can't wait to see it finished!

#24 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

I started a possibly new tileset, consisting of all the Classic tiles, redrawn and recolored, along with tiles I drew myself. I actually started it yesterday, but I continued it today. You'll be able to see an example of it in the next SotW.

Edited by William, 23 March 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#25 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

I realized today that the method I'm using for manhandling FFCs in my current version of a Shooting Gallery script is akin to a gorilla trying to dance with a mannequin. In other words, I'm removing it and seeing if I can do it with a little more elegance. Especially since one of the four FFC targets doesn't actually react to the arrow at all, and I can't figure out why. The current score counter works (for those targets that work), but won't transfer to the Top Score counter. And despite a nice and logical reward item progression scripted, it only ever gives you one rupee. That, and the motion of the targets is wonky on some of the stages. (Not to mention the occasional crash if you don't use all your arrows by the end of the last stage).

Now I remember why I haven't gotten back to this since Christmas.

#26 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I just ripped the DoR Link tiles into the MC Tileset, they're going to look so good!

#27 LadyOfHearts

LadyOfHearts

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Gosh, I just completely recolored the MC Link tilesheet (this one : http://www.spriters-...nish/sheet/6370 ) for DoR, with a custom CSet, nonetheless. Thanks god GraphicsGale exist, or I would have ripped off my head long ago.

#28 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

You're planning to use big Link or did you adjust the size? I planned on a big Link, but I found it too much of a hassle. But if you've got it all figured out, power to you. :3

Got a few screens down for an overworld. The idea for this quest was actually sparked by my SotW entry. Yeah. One screen. icon_razz.gif But anyway, not much done, but I feel I should probably not make any more of the quest until I have some solid stuff on paper. I just wanted to make something.

#29 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(LadyOfHearts @ Mar 26 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

Gosh, I just completely recolored the MC Link tilesheet (this one : http://www.spriters-...nish/sheet/6370 ) for DoR, with a custom CSet, nonetheless. Thanks god GraphicsGale exist, or I would have ripped off my head long ago.

Wow, good job! It looks hard, too o_o

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Mar 26 2011, 07:35 PM) View Post

You're planning to use big Link or did you adjust the size? I planned on a big Link, but I found it too much of a hassle. But if you've got it all figured out, power to you. :3

Got a few screens down for an overworld. The idea for this quest was actually sparked by my SotW entry. Yeah. One screen. icon_razz.gif But anyway, not much done, but I feel I should probably not make any more of the quest until I have some solid stuff on paper. I just wanted to make something.

I did actually the same thing. well, almost!
Today, I started my first set of "Link" sprites for DoR.
Except, it's the Animal Crossing boy!
They're in the Custom tiles Showcase if anyone wants to critique and help me icon_smile.gif

#30 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

You wanna know what I did the past three days? Just one screenshot!

IPB Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users