Photo

The Purist - Interest Poll!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: The Purist Interest Poll!

How do you participate in The Purist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are you satisfied with the content of The Purist so far?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What kind of content would you like to see covered more in the future?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrator

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

Hello everyone! We want to thank you all for following The Purist through twelve issues so far! Today though, we wanted to do something a little different: An interest poll! We want to know who exactly our audience is, how many of you read The Purist, and how many of you are interested in participating in discussions within each article. We also want to ensure that we're bringing the type of content you all wish to see, so we've included a separate poll option for that.

And please, feel free to discuss your thoughts on The Purist here; any and all feedback helps, and we will do our best to ensure the best possible future for our little editorial. :)

#2 Shane

Shane

We meet again!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

I read each and every article, but only respond to the ones that interest me. I enjoy articles that relate to Zelda Classic and The Legend of Zelda more, but please don't shy away from other things, it's what makes the purist unique. I would like to see more controversial subjects so to speak such as opinions on voice acting in Zelda, or perhaps the possibility of a Zelda movie and how it should be done. I also would like to see more game design philosophy, reviews and perhaps top X lists. Basically, variety. Hopefully this poll will help gain more interest. It would be a shame to see such a nice idea end up unsuccessful.

I'm content with the quality and sizes of each article. Though, the wait for each new article feels longer than it should be, especially with a team of 8-10 (I forgot how many people are on board, but I think it was around that area). But still, that's totally understandable, work at your own pace, just my two cents is all. :P

#3 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:00 AM

I read each one, even though I don't think I actually discuss them.

On the "What do you want to see more of?" question, I put in "Zelda Classic", "Legend of Zelda", and "Gaming in General". However, this does not mean that I want there to be less of the other content. Seeing as this is a ZC-focused site, I initially assumed that these were going to be more Zelda-focused. Maybe discuss when new information on future games was released, or a discussion with the creator of a Featured Quest.

What would be really useful would be things that would go over lesser-known features on ZQuest, or quest design in general. I mean, I only found out that there's an overlay function in the Tile Editor a month ago! That would have been so useful to know about years ago!

Maybe something like discussing why certain concepts and ideas work in some games but not as well in others, or how unusual concepts could possibly work in ZC quests. I mean, the other day, I was thinking about a survival-themed quest. Giving the player a Bow at the beginning instead of a sword, and a maximum of three to five Arrows. A script could keep track of how many Arrows you hit an enemy with, so you'd only get Arrow refills from enemies you killed with Arrows, and even then, only receive the same number of Arrows you used, with easy refill areas located few and far between. Massively buff Arrow damage in comparison to anything else, so you have to rely on your limited resources to survive. Yeah, you could theoretically kill an enemy with 20-30 Sword strikes, but when one or two shots will kill it, your Sword becomes more of a desperation weapon you pray you never have to use.

I don't know nearly enough scripting to try something like this, and any topic I would make would probably sound more like "make this for me", since I don't even know if it would work well in practice, but it would be interesting to be able to discuss unique ideas and people could get inspiration for their own projects from these discussions.

• Dimentio likes this

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrator

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

Thanks to everyone who's voted or offered feedback so far! If there's anyone else with more input to give, please do so. :)

• David likes this

#5 Dimentio

Dimentio

Edgy unwanted opinions

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

I know the Purist hasn't really been around for the past bit, but how would one apply to be a guest-writer for an issue?

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrator

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

There was never any official announcement, and that was my fault, but the Purist has been defunct for a while now. I just didn't know what to do with all of the related topics, but I'll figure something out soon.

#7 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

Is there an option for "just now discovering this thing even exists"?

• SkyLizardGirl and Naru like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users