Photo

Screenshot of the Week 262

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: ~~~ (42 member(s) have cast votes)

~~~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Migokalle
IPB Image
You got the Kakariko Overhead Sign! ... now where are you going to put it? (Gah, unfinished subscreen!)

Prophecy Face
IPB Image
Welcome to Boringtown!

Midnight_King
IPB Image

T. Platinum
IPB Image
Just messing around with Angeal's tileset.

Beta Link
IPB Image
Waiting for the opportune moment to strike...

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

First Vote!

I voted for Beta Link.

Beta Link - 8.5/10
Absolutely amazing mountain design. You probably have one of the best remakes I've ever seen. Well Done.

Migokalle - 8/10
Nice tiles and custom subscreen, but I was expecting a lot more from you. It's overall a great shot.

Prophecy Face - 7/10
Looks pretty generic if you ask me. icon_shrug.gif

Midnight_King - 6.5/10
Those orange flowers keep the color flow of the screen unbalanced. Try using a different palette. Plus, work on your use of greenery. It feels rather TOO green for me.

T. Platinum - 6.5/10
Nice rips but I don't see anything going for it.

Edited by Dawnlight, 28 June 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

Midnight_King - 6.5/10
Those orange flowers keep the color flow of the screen unbalanced. Try using a different palette. Plus, work on your use of greenery. It feels rather TOO green for me..

There not Orange. there red and there roses. The pallet was a mistake I forgot about it its meant to be the spring pallet. and its a field so it should be green.

Any more complains?

Edited by Midnight_King, 28 June 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#4 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Jun 28 2009, 10:45 PM) View Post

There not Orange. there red and there roses. The pallet was a mistake I forgot about it its meant to be the spring pallet. and its a field so it should be green.

Any more complains?
Well the bad quality of the image does make the roses look orange. icon_unsettled.gif

Anyway...

Migo: Awesomesauce. Would get my vote if I wasn't participating myself.
Prophecy: Good, solid New1st shot. Nothing wrong with it, but then again, nothing spectacular about it either.
Midnight: OMG JPEG!!!! D:< And so forth. Good shot though, very nice transparent water, too.
T. Platinum: Nice, but it doesn't have anything really going for it. More a showcase of ripped tiles than anything else.
Beta Link: icon_awesome.gif

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jun 28 2009, 08:56 PM) View Post

Well the bad quality of the image does make the roses look orange. icon_unsettled.gif

Anyway...

Migo: Awesomesauce. Would get my vote if I wasn't participating myself.
Prophecy: Good, solid New1st shot. Nothing wrong with it, but then again, nothing spectacular about it either.
Midnight: OMG JPEG!!!! D:< And so forth. Good shot though, very nice transparent water, too.
T. Platinum: Nice, but it doesn't have anything really going for it. More a showcase of ripped tiles than anything else.
Beta Link: icon_awesome.gif

Oh OK but they seem red to me. Thanks through.

#6 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

I had to go with Beta Link on this one. The overall vibe I get from the picture is too cool. Captions ties it up nicely.

Migokalle comes in a VERY close second. I'm a sucker for pretty tilesets.

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

None of them really stand out to me, but Migo's is the best designed. Prophecy Face was a near second.

#8 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

I voted for Beta Link. He really knows how to make those DoR mountains look really good.
T.Platinum is my 2nd favorite since i'm a fan of the NES FFIII tileset.

Midnight_King: Please Save your shots in .GIF format icon_wink.gif The color-loss really damages your shot in this week's entry.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

icon_sweat.gif yeah I was in a RUSH.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:27 AM

Migo: The typical awesomeness we've come to expect from you.

Prophecy Face: It's pretty good, but the mountains are a bit too straight.

Midnight King: Probably the best screen I've ever seen from you.

T. Platinum: Final Fantasy. Neat.

Beta Link: Nice screen. Link is a ninja!

I'm really torn between Beta and Migo. So hard to decide... *goes to random.org* Beta Link wins. icon_razz.gif

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 AM) View Post

Midnight King: Probably the best screen I've ever seen from you.

How very kind of you. **Dances around.** <- Not Really. icon_sweat.gif

#12 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

Migo: <3 *votes*

Nice shots this week, everyone. Keep up the good work! icon_deformed.gif

#13 Xiion

Xiion

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm...

Migo: It looks good, but several things about it stand out. The change in the mountains perspective looks a bit weird, but I suppose its workable. Except for that mountain error in the lower left corner. The stairs could use some work though. the grass borders next to them look weird. If you could show a bit more of the mountain through the grass, I think that might help (looks like that's what you tried to do) -OR- reverse the angle on the grass, so that it goes up towards the gray stone instead of down. Also, continuing the grass overlay onto the top of the stairs would help. Other than all that... looks good.

Prophecy Face: Not a whole lot to say, your caption describes it well enough. An NPC could help fix that though. Other than that, a good GB screen.

Midnight king: Color loss aside, it looks pretty good. But a few things stand out. The water seems very cluttered. maybe get rid of half the junk there, it might look a bit better. Speaking of water- The edges of the water, where it meets the ground, stand out way too much. It looks like those tiles have a solid black around their edges, rather than transparent. The black edge gets changes the color of the mountains and makes it look... weird. Or maybe its just me. Only other thing, slashables one tile in from a walkable screen border = Bad idea.

T. Platinum: It looks exactly like you described it. I can't really say any more.

Beta Link: I cant really say much about it. Looks really good.

Other than that, I just noticed something odd that applies to everyone (except T. Platinum). Flowers: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't flower petals typically change colors, not the stamens? I'm sure there's exceptions...but still...

Sorry if this seems overly critical, its just work has me worked up right now *ba-dum pish*

Edited by Xiion, 29 June 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#14 Prophecy Face

Prophecy Face

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Xiion @ Jun 29 2009, 02:34 PM) View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't flower petals typically change colors, not the stamens? I'm sure there's exceptions...but still...

You have a point. But after a quick Google search for "white flower", I see some with yellow, purple, and pink centers. I'm content with that, but I'll also experiment with different colored petals and see how they look.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Jun 29 2009, 08:41 AM) View Post

Midnight_King: Please Save your shots in .GIF format icon_wink.gif The color-loss really damages your shot in this week's entry.

Lol, of course he said .PNG ... PNG FTW

Anyway, I voted for Midknight_King, the design appeals to me (=the shapes).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users