Photo

Screenshot of the Week 291

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (48 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Sephiroth
IPB Image
Link: Darn, just out of reach.

Russ
IPB Image
This is what happens when you take a detailed Pure screen and try to turn it into a detailed DoR screen...

ChunkeM0nkey
IPB Image

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Sephiroth's screen: Link attempts to use the force.
Russ's screen: Find Link, win a prize.
ChunkeM0nkey's screen: A sign reads: "Leave your life or wife".

Voted for Russ.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

Nulled, of course.

Sepiroth: I love this screen. The way the river flows, the ways the cliffs work, everything! It's wonderful!

Mine: Somebody here had better recognize it. icon_razz.gif

ChunkeMonkey: I love the way your using the Mario World graphics. It looks great!

#4 TheFierceDeity

TheFierceDeity

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

I love them all but lol sephiroth use the force link

I vote for {sephiroth}

Edited by TheFierceDeity, 17 May 2010 - 01:01 AM.

#5 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

Nulled, since I entered.

Sephiroth: Hehe, I love your screen. ^_^
Russ: For converting a Pure screen to DoR, you didn't do a bad job with it. It looks really great. The only issue I have is the rock on the left side of the screen, Maybe you could have used the 5-stone rock piles.
ChunkeM0nkey: It's not often you see a Mario quest in the works. Had I have not entered, I would've voted for this screen purely for the concept. Great job with it!

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ May 16 2010, 10:46 PM) View Post

Russ: For converting a Pure screen to DoR, you didn't do a bad job with it. It looks really great. The only issue I have is the rock on the left side of the screen, Maybe you could have used the 5-stone rock piles.

Almost everybody I've talked to about it has said the same thing. I guess I'll play around with that rock and see if I can get something that looks better.

#7 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

I get to vote this week!

Sephiroth: Nothing wrong with this screen, but it's just not very exciting: the broad river and relatively unremarkable mountains take up a lot of space, and it could use another element to be SotW worthy. I do like the more detailed water in DoR though.

Russ: I don't like how that big stone looks on the left and that red curled tree looks off to me for some reason, but aside from that, I think this is a very nice shot. I love the way the waterfalls are set and the way the grassy lip of the falls on the mid-level looks. Plus, Uranian Tree. *votes*

ChunkyMonkey: It's a really good looking shot, if I was wild about those graphics it would be hard to complain...but I don't like how the mountains look like they are just a wire frame and how those palms look. I know it's SMW graphics, but that doesn't make them work for me. It's a really nice shot though, most people will like the novelty of the SMW graphics I think, so keep doing what you're doing.

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

Sephiroth: Love that screen the layout its just perfect this deserves a big score!
Score:9.5/10

Russ: Yay for Light of the Heavens as the above comments said about the 2x2 rock.
Score: 8/10

ChunkeM0nkey: Interesting concept are you making a real quest? If so yay!
Score: 9/10

Voted For: Sephiroth due to layout and the perfection.

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:07 AM

Sephiroth, obtained my vote, because the screen itself looks like something you'd find in LTTP (minus the GB stuff).

#10 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:56 AM

These 3 screenshots are all really good and so, after a hard decision, I ended up choosing Russ.

#11 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

I voted for Russ.

#12 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

Sephiroth: A bit simple, but that's what makes the screen good. Nice job.

Russ: Brings back memories... A few month old memories. icon_razz.gif I like the screen and I think the boulder is fine.

ChunkeM0nkey: I'm not a big fan of the set, but it's still a nice screen.

Russ got my vote this week.

Edited by Daemon, 17 May 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Sephgoroth - 8/10
I like. I like lot. Nice job on the cliff, and all its fine trimmings. The river bank is very sound too. For a completely natural screen and nothing off the wall, I still find it both interesting and appealing.

Russell - 6/10
Full of good details, but perhaps it is either just a bit overdone or just too crowded, thus my slight feeling of disharmony. It looks like something that might look even better if done over at least two screens. Good scene with the water, as long as you don't get wiped out. icon_razz.gif I am finding the combination of the red tree and the one just above it reveal a little graphical inconsistency, as if one belongs there much more than the other. Other than those particular elements, it is overall a good screen.

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor - 6/10
Super Mario: Nintendo Crisis graphics, right? For what you are using, it's not bad. More utilitarian and theme-based than artsy, of course. I wonder if there exists any better cliff walls than those solid colors for that tileset. The same goes with that particular ground type. But hey, being Mario, you gotta smile when you see a pipe. icon_smile.gif

#14 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

It came down between the first two for me, but Sephiroth's scale won over Russ' tileset shift.

Uh...Seph, you mind telling us how you got those water tiles?

#15 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Zenith @ May 17 2010, 03:16 PM) View Post

Uh...Seph, you mind telling us how you got those water tiles?

ITS A SECRET TO EVERYBODY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users