Thanks so much for the update :)
I shall check it out
Were there new Palettes added?

#137 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:43 PM

New palettes sure have been made but have not yet been added to the tileset.

#138 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:54 AM

Added the most recent update to the PZC tileset database now, waiting for approval.

• Theryan, Shane, Sheik and 4 others like this

#139 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

You guys should really assign Unique Colors to them blank Level Palettes. 1-9 C and D, Nothing is more sad then not knowing which screens are blank in the minimap window.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Jared like this

#140 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

A little preview on some enemies I'm working on. Scale-wise they should be the biggest non-bosses, and I feel like 16x16 is too confined to neither include detail nor feel intimidating to a non-16x16 Link.

darknut_preivew.png

• Shane, Sheik, Supindahood and 3 others like this

#141 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

The darknuts are looking amazing, Linkus! I have no critiques.

#142 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

I just took a look at the tileset. While gorgeous, I do have a question. Look at combo 857 and 859. They're lock block combos. The combos immediately to their right are not "open" lockblock equivalents, but different kinds of combos entirely.

Whatever combo 884 is looks a little bit too tall to be a triggerable button, and looks instead like a hammer peg post. Maybe I'm not looking at it right.

Does combo 908 have a vertical equivalent? That looks like something that would be really useful, along with pipeline connectors of varying shapes. + and L and such.

Those 2x2 rocks around combo 1044 look like they can be condensed. I also kind of feel like they could / should be animated with some lava flows. They look static right now.

Those combos at 1076 - What are they exactly? O.o If they're meant to be opened, which it does appear to be so, why is the open version not preconfigured to be a warp combo of some sort? There are indeed combos which have been preconfigured, like the sign post Script #1 combo type, and the bush->next combo types. So why not these?

Combo 1148 and its ilk need other directions to be pushed in, as well as "heavy" variations.

1536 and 1552 - why does one have a tan background and the other black?

Combo 2704 - Why is this a combo that needs to be layered on top of water? What is it primarily used for? Is it used for placing water-based decorations onto corners?

I feel like combos 2880 needs to be animated. Just a little. It has potential that it's not meeting. Same with a lot of these water-related dock combos.

#143 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

I am certain combo #1076 and onward are coffin tiles. I could be wrong though. Combos #2704 and onward are for "overlapping" purposes, IIRC. Also "8-bit mode" can change the background colour of tiles and combos to black (or whatever the first colour of cset 0 is).

Otherwise, I'll leave it to the developers of the tileset themselves to answer/respond to the rest or correct me if I got anything wrong.

Edit: By the way, any difference between this update and the recent database update?

Edited by Shane, 07 February 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#144 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

New palettes sure have been made but have not yet been added to the tileset.

Could you maybe post pictures with them? No one likes a palette hoarder. :P

• Shane likes this

#145 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

I was wondering if there was a list anywhere of stuff that still needs done. I haven't looked at the new version yet, but I want to use this for something, and was just looking for stuff I might have to consider/ do.
  • Jared likes this

#146 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

The biggest thing that I'm having to wait for are Guys. I need some NPCs for the quest that I've got planned out, and I'm just waiting for a version with some to be available.

I know that I can just import some by myself, but I love how Link looks in this tileset and I don't know any that I can import that won't end up looking mis-matched.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#147 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

I found a coloring error with all of the "grassy" tree tiles. I thought it was going to be fixed, but i guess not. Now it can be!

Screenshot_10_zps249fe266.png

If you can't tell, the grass under the tree is miscolored. If it's fixed for future releases, then people won't have to keep recoloring it on their own. :)

#148 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

I found a coloring error with all of the "grassy" tree tiles. I thought it was going to be fixed, but i guess not. Now it can be!

Screenshot_10_zps249fe266.png

If you can't tell, the grass under the tree is miscolored. If it's fixed for future releases, then people won't have to keep recoloring it on their own. :)

I know I have fixed this, but I guess someone must have updated the tilesheet or something. Oh well, I'll get it done. I'll see what I can do about NPC's as well, as I've sort of said I'd tackle that a while ago.

• Jared and Mero like this

#149 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

SotW%20Attempt_zpszgwqp0pq.png

Can I just point out that Firebird seems to be missing some decent sky/cloud tiles? I had to try and fudge it with water graphics, and I was hoping for some dark and creepy skies over the mountain.

• Shane, Jared and Demonlink like this

#150 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

Since no one ever finished these tiles, I ended up doing it on my own. They're in "inside" bent roof tiles for the smaller version. :)

Roofedging_zps100a87c8.png

They still need editing, but it's definitely a start. Which was nothing. xD

Edited by Jared, 20 February 2015 - 11:03 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Shane and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users