twilight princess remake hd wii u majoras mask wind waker ocarina

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

Yes, better was a very bad word choice. Yes, Twilight Princess is objectively a more technical game but no one really cares about that.

I think that Twilight Princess is a good game. It had a lot of executional problems. I think a remake would be appropriate but only if they actually attempted to change those problems. It bothers me that Nintendo's remakes don't attempt to fix anything about the old games. Wind Waker, while it was given minor tweaks, was left basically the same. Now I think that Wind Waker is a freaking amazing game but if they are making a remake they should capitalize! Imagine if they had added the left out dungeons. I would die it would be so amazing O.O I think that would be the only real artistic justification for remaking Twilight Princess.

-Strike

#62 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Yes, better was a very bad word choice. Yes, Twilight Princess is objectively a more technical game but no one really cares about that.

I think that Twilight Princess is a good game. It had a lot of executional problems. I think a remake would be appropriate but only if they actually attempted to change those problems. It bothers me that Nintendo's remakes don't attempt to fix anything about the old games. Wind Waker, while it was given minor tweaks, was left basically the same. Now I think that Wind Waker is a freaking amazing game but if they are making a remake they should capitalize! Imagine if they had added the left out dungeons. I would die it would be so amazing O.O I think that would be the only real artistic justification for remaking Twilight Princess.

-Strike

It may be that you don't care about that, but fact of the matter is this: I specifically stated I was saying it from an objective point of view, and then some people, you included, decided that it was in everybody's best interest to argue what is a completely different discussion. I have not, at any point, said that Twilight Princess is the better game in every aspect, and while I could have worded it better, I still made it pretty damn clear what I was saying in the original post. It's not my fault you guys was confused by that.

No one was arguing against you. No one.

#63 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Yep, you're right. :P I think many of us were just very confused by your word choice.

-Strike

#64 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

Yep, you're right. :P I think many of us were just very confused by your word choice.

-Strike

That may very well be, but once again, and this really will be the last time I say this: In the original post, directly after I used the word better, I specified that I was saying it in an objective context. That in and of itself should be enough for most people to realize that I'm not talking about things that could be seen as subjective. You can say that say the controls in Twilight Princess are 'better' in terms of more accurate controls (I'm obviously talking about the Gamecube-version :P), you can say that the sound quality is 'better', because it factually is. You can also choose to use other words to explain that, but when you're already speaking in an objective context, that shouldn't be necessary! Hence why I'm a little bothered by the idea that a couple of you guys were having trouble understanding me. I know for a fact that others did not, so it's not like I'm the only one who doesn't see an issue here.

#65 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

Guys, Robin isn't saying Twilight Princess is objectively better as a game. But rather, he is saying the quality of the resources (such as the audio) are objectively better. This doesn't exactly mean he prefers Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time (but I'll let the man himself confirm this, unless I missed something earlier, than my apologies) nor is he saying either is better/worse as a game, because that's where we get into subjective territory.

#66 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

A word choice such as better draws a comparison between objective higher quality software and equates it to the subjective overall quality of the game. That's why so many people were confused; they thought you were saying that better software equals a better game. I don't think you can just say that people should have known what you meant. And it obviously was a problem because so many people were confused. So yeah, there really is no argument just a misunderstanding.

-Strike

#67 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

A word choice such as better draws a comparison between objective higher quality software and equates it to the subjective overall quality of the game. That's why so many people were confused; they thought you were saying that better software equals a better game. I don't think you can just say that people should have known what you meant. And it obviously was a problem because so many people were confused. So yeah, there really is no argument just a misunderstanding.

-Strike

They should have known what I meant because of the context alone. And it wasn't 'so many people', it was you and Air Luigi. I've talked to far more people who claim they didn't have that problem. :shrug:

Either way, we're debating semantics at this point.

#68 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

Does anyone else think Twilight Princess would have been better if they have left it on Gamecube, and never made the Wii version mid-development? I do mostly because adding in those new controls was probably very time consuming, and took a lot of testing, even for as simple as it was (this was pre-motion+ era). I think other areas of the game suffered because of this, since now the designers had to mess around with this new controller interface, and make sure their designs could work with a number of situations for both control schemes, etc. I think if its development stayed on the GC, we could have had a more finished product. Maybe they'd have more side quests, maybe there'd be more, or different items? Maybe the dungeons would be more intricate in terms of linearity. Maybe they would of had more time to play test the game completely, and add in potential for doing dungeons out of order.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twilight, princess, remake, hd, wii u, majoras, mask, wind, waker, ocarina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users