Photo

The Dark Shadow Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PLASMAREV

PLASMAREV

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hello everyone, i will do the Music for Shoelace's The Dark Shadow.

A bit about me,

In august I've played the demo version of The Dark Shadow and i was very impressed by it so i decided i want to do the music for it.
I am 21 years old, my job is producing electronic music(House and Trance especially) for various clubs and in switzerland and germany.
However now i want to expand a bit and learn how to write a good soundtrack. So this seems like the perfect thing.

All the music of The Dark Shadow will be 100% original and self written. I've spent quite a time analysing alot Koji Kondo music,
So I'm trying to stay true to his works, adding a bit of my style and trying to fit it the given situation in the game.

Next to the in-game MIDI Music, for those with hispeed internet we will also offer external download of the full MP3 version of the soundtrack
They can either be used as stand alone and placed in the quest folder the MP3s will replace the MIDIs in the game.
The MP3's sound great yet they are not as sophisticated as they could be to keep compatibility to the MIDI.

The finished soundtrack will have around 50 tracks total
which is about 80 min standalone runtime.

I proudly present 2 MP3 demo tracks of The Dark Shadow :

http://www.mbwonline...adingForest.mp3

http://www.mbwonline...atingTemple.mp3

I hope you will enjoy this awesome game and it's music.

Pascal Stiefel

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

It only let me grab 83kb of each before dropping out, but the few seconds I heard sounded great. icon_smile.gif

#3 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

That's weird, I just listened to the songs myself and it didn't seem like anything was wrong with them. Sorry you couldn't hear it all Freedom.

Anyways, PLASMAREV sounds are really good. I was kind of afraid that they weren't going to sound that good on Midi form however, I was wrong, the midis I heard sound great. What is good about the sound is it really fits into the game and gameplay. icon_razz.gif

#4 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

The links don't work...

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

Sorry about that, the host is moving to another server I just read, so it should be up soon. I will edit this post when it does. Sorry but it wasn't me, it was the hosting.

Edit: The host is back up, so the links work now.

Edited by Shoelace, 14 November 2005 - 11:04 AM.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:10 PM

Eh. They don't. Either it "Times Out", or it says " /!\ The document contains no data."

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, it isn't my site it is the host. Funny how they decided to switch servers the day that these demos were posted. They are in the process of deleting 1000's of accounts and reinstalling the active ones (including mine), but it is just taking them a while. Sorry about that; one day it works, one day it doesn't. icon_unsettled.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users