Photo

Screenshot of the Week 112

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 112 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 112

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

This is the reason, I've thought Radien shouldn't release the complete set, knowing that all of his great tiles will be overused.. I hate to see such good work a person has done by themselves with alot of effort, be released and then mis-used by people who don't know how to use it.. =/

Andreson is who I voted for. I don't know why, but he shots really stands out. Reminds me of the GameBoy zelda games. Which is always good.

#17 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

Nullvote in protest of Gashin not adding my entry -- even though it arrived two days before this SotW went up.

#18 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Oh god... "The DoR set is being overused. I don't wanna touch anything with it. icon_frown.gif"

Where were the complaints about this stuff when Newfirst or Revenge 2 were the sets? That's right... no one cared then. People actually cared more about the content of the quest rather than what tileset it was using. Yeah... the shots that have been floating around are not super awesome fantastically cool like DoR itself, but I personally don't care. I'm not trying to make a copy of DoR when I make a quest, so I use it however the hell I want to use it. I liked the way the DoR set is presented, so I started using it. If you really don't want to touch my quest with a 10 foot pole if it ever gets anywhere just because of that, then whatever. icon_shrug.gif

It's kinda sad that I have to fend myself off from this crap less than a month after the set is released, though. Not everyone has the patience to make fantastic tilesets for their quests and it's inevitable that people who don't know what they are doing will get ahold of tilesets. Instead of saying crap like "This set sucks because people don't use it right!"... perhaps you should actually suggest how the person should use it better beyond "add details!" What kind of details? What should be switched around to make the usage better?

Edit: Eh... whoops! Forgot to mention that I null voted (can't decide). I'd just like to mention that it's generally better to have live action shots in SotW rather than just a shot of ZQuest, XdragonSB. icon_shrug.gif

#19 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

don't get mad at me, DragonAtma. you never sent me a PM. if you did, I would have added you to the list

#20 DefEdge

DefEdge

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:27 AM

1) Null Voted.
2)It's an Alpha shot. I'm using PTUX for the designing just to get the places set to go. Most of the detail I wanted isn't there because I haven't made it yet. Enemies will be different, Link will be different, and the dungeons would have light radius around the torches. I didn't see light radius tiles in PTUX, so I didn't put them in.

I know the shot is plain, but it really doesn't have everything I wanted in it...

#21 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

No, I sent you an email. Don't you ever check it?

#22 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Anderson333- Not much but its the best of the three. It has custom things also.

Def-Edge- It lacks detail.

XD- Looks good man. But there is some things out that make it lose it's quality. Could have added a couple things here and there though.

By the way its getting so idiotic. "DoR is being overused" "Pure is being overused". Judge the shot on the quality not the set. It's so stupid when people do that. It's a good set so why wouldn't it be used. So get over it.

#23 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

Well I know that. DoR IS already overused. And Overused in a crappy way. I wouldn't have like XDB's shot even if it wasn't DoR anyway.

#24 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(DragonAtma @ Feb 14 2006, 07:53 AM)
No, I sent you an email. Don't you ever check it?

View Post

email? man, I only check my email once every other year, and since I checked it once last year... did you email it to link3505@hotmail.com?

#25 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

I see nothing spectacular this week. All three look like your regular run of the mill screens. I would give a light edge toward DefEdge's shot, considering how the tiles look next to each other, and I like the walls.

#26 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

Yes, I did. If you're going to run the SotW, you should be checking it before putting each poll up.

#27 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:00 AM

well, DA, most people here know that I don't check email very often, and when I took over SotW, I asked everyone to PM me their shots, not email. and I checked my email, there was no message from you or with anything about SotW

#28 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:47 PM

looks like Anderson333 wins this week. congratulations!

SotM will start as soon as I start it, which should be soon. also, only two entries for SotW 113. keep 'em coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users