Photo

Screenshot of the Week 112

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 112 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 112

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

Anderson333
user posted image
AHHH Zombies!!!

DefEdge
user posted image
Alpha shot of next Arena Fight.

XdragonSB
user posted image
Got DOR Tileset?

in two weeks, I only recieved three entries for SOTW. I'd like to cut that time in half, and get at least three entries before next sunday this time. please, keep SOTW alive!

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

My vote would go to Anderson this round. The Magic meter, Bomb Item, and Mummy enemies caught my eye the most. The trees are too repetitive though, IMHO.

#3 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

I nullvoted, again.

Anderson's item meters are nice but, the screen overall is.. eh.
DefEdge's is okay too but, it's a little too plain and random for my tastes.
XDB's is pretty but the form isn't very natural.. Plus, I really don't like those mountains.

Maybe next week.

#4 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

Anderson333: It's a pretty nice shot. Not the best I've seen, but it got my vote.

DefEdge: Not anything special about this.

XdragonSB: Ok shot, but I think DoR is too overused already.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

Anderson333 Got my vote. It was the best out of the three. I like those Redeads icon_smile.gif

DefEdge's would be better if it used a different floor (And borders) altogether.

XDragon's is bland and unatrual. Be a man, and use the real DoR mountain tiles icon_wink.gif

Edited by Rex Zemenheart, 12 February 2006 - 08:48 PM.

#6 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

My vote is Anderson too. DefEdge's gets second. XdragonSB....that shot looks awfully like Raidens minus the detail.

#7 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

Well than...

Anderson- Youre shot is the best out of all... which while it isent saying much, you still whoop both thier shots.

DefEdge- Not really appleling, but intersting none the less.

Dragon- I want to slap you... this is just sad. I mean first of all, how can you even use the DoR set and still lack detail?? The mountains are disjusting along with the rest of the graphics, and everything else just looks adward... DETAIL. Ugh... actually put some effort into to.

#8 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Feb 12 2006, 08:40 PM)
but I think DoR is too overused already.

View Post

You have GOT to be kidding me. It JUST came out and you're already tired of it?

Oy vey.. There's just no pleasing some people. icon_rolleyes.gif

#9 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

I nulled;
nothing exciting.

#10 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, but I didn't zombies woud win over Tree House. Oh well.

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

I voted for Anderson333 this time around. It had the best design and best detail this time around. Is that the one game that was in black and white you showed off in September or August? If so, it is looking good.

DefEdge, it was okay. It wasn't a SotW picture, because of the detail but it wasn't really bad.

Anyways, Xdragon I was really disappointed in the lack of detail and design this picture had. I really don't think it was the mountains that ruined the picture it was the lack of design. After 3 or so quests, I thought you would have gotten a grasp on design. icon_frown.gif These little things can make or break your quests. I think that you have a lot of talent that is just waiting to be opened, and I can see you making some great quests in the future. But, I really suggest you play some games and look at some pictures of the better quests here and study their design and how some of the smallest details do wonders. Because that is just something that is missing. If you do that, your quests will be that much better. Good luck.

#12 LJ Bad

LJ Bad

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Anderson333 got my vote. Mostly because I really liked the way those redeads looked with one big eye.

#13 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Anderson gets my vote.

DefEdge that's too plain.

XDB: I hate to say it. But I already don't wanna touch anything DoR with a 10-mile Pole

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

but I think DoR is too overused already.

Overused? Uh no. It has only been out a week, and I seen like two people with it so far. However, I haven't seen anyone use it to its capable power.

I hate to say it. But I already don't wanna touch anything DoR with a 10-mile Pole

O_o, what are you guys smoken? DoR has a lot going for it. It has a lot of creative things in it that thankfully will make quests and puzzles better. However, if used right. So if an awesome quest was using DoR tileset, you wouldn't play it. You are worse than a Pure hater, which is weird because you actually use Pure. O_o

Edited by Shoelace, 13 February 2006 - 04:54 PM.

#15 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

Really? It's all DoR this and DoR that already. Ever since it's realease I've seen very little work with other tilesets outside my own project. Yes it looks good just like Pure but in terms of overuse it's already worse than I've ever seen Pure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users