Photo

Screenshot of the Week 653

Octorockoncrack Shoshon the Elegant Joellmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 653 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:16 PM

Shoshon the Elegant
Shoshon%20the%20Elegant.png
To get the Kopis Blade, Prometheus must first find his way through boxes and crates on this ship in level 1, Charon's Shipyard..

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
Akihiro is a member of the Giha.

Octorockoncrack
Octorockoncrack.png
"It is said that Armola - a guardian of the earth - always returns to the highest point of the Sand Shrine." (Shoutout to everyone, I havent posted in about 2 years! Back from the dead once again :toast:

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

Man, Octorockoncrack is back from the dead? And still working in ZQuest? And submitted a really unique screen too?

I feel kinda bad for Joel and Shoshon, they picked a bad week. :P

Shoshon the Elegant: I really like the idea with this dungeon. I feel like the wall tiles could use some work though. The bricks seem to thicken as they go up the wall for the bottom tile, but then on the top one they shrink again. I think it'd be improved if they kept growing bigger as they go up the wall to give a bit more sense of perspective. I'm also not too fond of the thick black lines at the bottom of the walls personally.

Joelmacool: Really solid screen, but I'm not fond of the water palette. The two shades feel a little too close together to me. I also have no clue what's going on with Link's palette. Edit: Upon leaning in closely I see he's wearing some kind of face mask. That dark green is really harsh on my monitor at least. I think maybe if it rode a little lower on his face and used a lighter shade, it'd look better.

Octorockoncrack: Real simple, but it just works. This screen just does a bunch of stuff that I personally like. We've got an outdoor transition between two parts of a dungeon, we've got LttP nostalgia points, a sense of height, and a nice little custom subscreen as an extra bonus. Voted for this one.

Edited by Moosh, 19 March 2018 - 01:01 AM.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

コカインのタコが最高の写真を作りました

(An octopus of cocaine made the best picture) Thx Google.

Obviously, I voted for Armosonacid.

• Matthew likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

Shoshon - Pretty interesting shot. I agree with Moosh with the walls, they could be worked on a little more, but otherwise the screen looks pretty nice. I also like the block puzzle idea in the middle with the crates, that looks nice.

JoelmacoolFinish. Really solid shot though, I like what's going on here. The tree variety is pretty interesting, normally I'd prefer one type on a screen but it seemed to work out quite nicely here.

Octorokoncrack - Oh hey, this was a surprise, I haven't heard from you in ages lol. Cool shot though, the pyramid looks pretty nice and resembles ALTTP pretty well. The colours definitely make it feel very desert-like.

I voted for Joel this week.

• Shane and Joelmacool like this

#5 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

They're actually wooden walls.

I don't see an issue with them tbh. It's a little rough. But it was a pain to get them this far. I'd rather deal with them.

But maybe if Eddy cancels AR3 I'll edit them. :D Or if I feel like touching them later on. I'd rather just work on level 5.

I may try erasing the black line and seeing how that looks though.
  • Eddy likes this

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Shoshan  - Reminds me a lot of the early Ultima games where everything is a stick figure.  The design is certainly sufficient.  A lot of the colors of the walls and floor are very similar though.  It's a bit rough to see where you can walk.

Joel - My favorite kind of EZGBA screen - The kind where none of the corners of a cliff or water are the wrong color compared to the tiles around them.  It's a perfect shot.  Well put together! :D  I voted for this one.

Octo -   I absolutely love the combination of sand and floor tile at the top of the pyramid there.  Y'know what I'd love to see for this screen?  The background being darker so it's not all the same general shade of brown.  It would give it a true sense of height.

• Joelmacool likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

But maybe if Eddy cancels AR3 I'll edit them. :D

Promptly cancels

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Joelmacool: Really solid screen, but I'm not fond of the water palette. The two shades feel a little too close together to me. I also have no clue what's going on with Link's palette. Edit: Upon leaning in closely I see he's wearing some kind of face mask. That dark green is really harsh on my monitor at least. I think maybe if it rode a little lower on his face and used a lighter shade, it'd look better.

Maybe a bit of context to the clothing Akihiro (the Link in this quest) is wearing would make the suit look better, but I'm not going to spoil anything this soon. Also, the water palette could use a fix, I agree. I'll make the water look a tad better. Thanks for the feedback!

#9 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:24 PM

Nice little turnout this week.

I went with Octorockoncrack. (Love the name by the way, reminds me of good ol' 1.90)

Shoshon - I'm digging the feel of your quest and again am enjoying seeing your screens. Seems like a new theme and new designs each time. The perspective looks okay for the most part too. Maybe a lil more shading along the walls will help a lil more with the perspective.

Joel - This is solid. I actually like the pallet very much. I don't mind the characters sprite to be that shade of green and quite frankly think it looks fine. The blue in the water looks okay for me too. This shot was a close second for me.

コカインのタコ errr.. Octorockoncrack - The nostalgia factor is definitely there with this shot. I think what works for me with this shot is while it is the pyramid scene from LttP, it's made to work in ZC. This is key. I think sometimes taking a screen inspired from LttP and putting it in ZC, something feels missing or lackluster. This screen feels complete. Love the subscreen too.

Nice turnout. I'm looking forward to next week's (=tomorrow's) shots for sure. Nice job everyone :)

スティーブ

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

With 58.97% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 653 is Octorockoncrack!

Octorockoncrack.png
"It is said that Armola - a guardian of the earth - always returns to the highest point of the Sand Shrine." (Shoutout to everyone, I havent posted in about 2 years! Back from the dead once again :toast:

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Shoshon the Elegant - 2 votes [5.13%]
- Joelmacool - 14 votes [35.90%]
- Octorockoncrack - 23 votes [58.97%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Octorockoncrack, Shoshon the Elegant, Joellmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users