Photo

Screenshot of the Week 399

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 399 (64 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Moosh
IPB Image
When screenshots rule the world, the quests disappear. There's nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.

Supindahood
IPB Image
Rebirth

Jared
IPB Image
Simplicity at it's finest.

Franky
IPB Image
I wonder just how deadly it is inside!

Marco
IPB Image

demonlink14
IPB Image
A might not so pleasing screenshot of the Master Sword... Still, Link is about to obtain it. icon_biggrin.gif

Shane
IPB Image
A Forest

#2 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

@demonlink14: I really like that Master Sword base but it really doesn't fit with that dungeon palette. You can see the white outline which doesn't look too great. If you can find a better set to use it with, or a better palette, it would have much more potential! It needs to blend a bit better, maybe a dungeon or palette that's brighter and closer to the color of the pedestal. Or you could possibly recolor the pedestal to fit better with the screen. The white outline under the link statues also needs to be less apparent!

@Moosh: Great job man, we are a bit limited due to screen size but you pulled that off pretty good.

@Supindahood: Looks great, I really like these new GB tiles and palettes!

@Jared: Smooth, good use of the tiles here. Nothing stands out more then it should to me!

Shane: Very nice job, it's smooth like Jareds! I like how you used those tiles in the water. That never usually catches my attention.

Marco: Nice job as always. I really enjoy most of your palettes as well! I could see where some of the motivation for them could come from!

Null voted, It always looks awkward seeing people judge their own shots so I will leave that to others. lol Though I'm by no means against it and sorta did it earlier in the screenshot thread.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Weird, Supindahood. I was looking at the old version of that exact screen a few hoirs ago.

I voted for Shane. Critiques will come tomorrow.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Wow, lots of evenly-matched shots. I haven't voted as of posting this, but I suspect the vote totals will end up pretty close.

Moosh's design is fine, but the high-contrast castle tiles clash with the much smoother cliff and water colors.

Supindahood's doesn't really appeal to me. The dropdown ledge looks weird going into the tree (unless it's a hookshot path?). Also, is that snow on the left? It's not really clear.

Jared's works just fine, but doesn't really prove to me why it's a special enough shot to win SOTW.

The symmetry works well in Franky's shot. It might be nice to see more of the facade of the building in the vertical direction (unless this is inside, which would be odd).

Marco's is nothing too special. The murky green trees are a bit of a turn-off.

demonlink14's is simple but solid. Combos are placed appropriately, and the beam of light is cliché but well implemented.

Shane's looks a little murky, but has solid design.

demonlink14 was close, but I'm going to have to go with Franky.

#5 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Voted for Shane, though the palette is a bit off. Great screen otherwise.

Franky... wow, that's an old screenshot! What possessed you to enter it now, so many months later?

#6 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Feb 25 2013, 12:52 AM) View Post

Supindahood's doesn't really appeal to me. The dropdown ledge looks weird going into the tree (unless it's a hookshot path?). Also, is that snow on the left? It's not really clear.

Yeah, it's actually Robin's design(But as we are working on this together, he let me submit it). I just upgraded the graphics on it (and in the process, created any graphics needed to complete the screen). I don't even think it was possible to dropdown from the ledges in the original shot.
I could have redesigned the screen to make it a bit better, but my goal was only to produce more tiles for the tileset.

Lastly, it is snow. (how is that not clear? :p)

Original shot:
Spoiler

#7 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Voted for Shane.

Kinda reminds me of a area that didn't quite make the cut in my own quest, but that's beside the point. The screen is constructed really well, and has a overall nice vibe to it. Nice job! icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Feb 25 2013, 04:36 AM) View Post

Voted for Shane, though the palette is a bit off. Great screen otherwise.

Franky... wow, that's an old screenshot! What possessed you to enter it now, so many months later?
Figured I should fix it up, plus there were only two shots for Sotw and they needed one more shot to continue! icon_razz.gif

#9 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Jeez, real competition here. Still, my screen, I think it looks good enough, but still, I am learning to make a screen combinate like Nicklegends suggested to. However, I liked Shane's screen, don't know why, but it is a real good looking forest screen. Keep it up. icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I like how all but 2 of these were GBC style (with edits). Great to see people recognizing the superiority and feasibility of this style >:3.

Ahem....voted for Shane's, but somethings bugging me about dem color choices.

Edited by Koh, 25 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#11 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(Koh @ Feb 25 2013, 07:10 PM) View Post

I like how all but 2 of these were GBC style (with edits). Great to see people recognizing the superiority and feasibility of this style >:3.

Ahem....voted for Shane's, but somethings bugging me about dem color choices.
The edits shouldn't matter here. It was more of me submitting it so we could go through with this contest. Trust me I've got many different screens I could have entered. It wasn't as if I couldn't create anything new so I had to edit an older screen. icon_smile.gif

PS: I had to rip these tiles myself, it wasn't as easy as using premade stuff. It took a bit longer to get things working then it would have with premade tileset graphics. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Franky, 26 February 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Koh's late on the fact that EZGBZ 2.5 has been a popular tileset for quite some time. icon_razz.gif

Thanks though!

#13 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Feb 25 2013, 11:16 PM) View Post

Koh's late on the fact that EZGBZ 2.5 has been a popular tileset for quite some time. icon_razz.gif

Thanks though!
Now that it's been updated it doesn't surprise me, it's an even greater tileset! With many of the new items and things working. icon_smile.gif

#14 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Voted Franky. best color scheme which is what i look for in screens.

#15 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

icon_smile.gif

Franky got my vote.

I like the feeling of that screen icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users