Photo

Screenshot of the Week 506

Twilight-Prince Moosh Avataro ywkls Demonlink ZeldaPlayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 506 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

Ywkls, interesting colours.  again the dungeon walls especially the corners look to have a weird perspective.  seems to be a lot going on puzzle wise on this screen - crystals, hammer pegs, blocked chest, locked door, telepathy stone - its not immediately obvious what is supposed to happen, especially for what looks like a dungeon entrance - can the player actually do anything or go anywhere?  

Not at the point that in the game whenever this can be first accessed. Basically, this is going to be a final dungeon where you can go inside as soon as you like, but progress is blocked by the lack of major items acquired in other dungeons. In order to actually explore, you'd need to get the flippers and the hammer and then come back.

As for the chest, the clue on how to reach it is inscribed on that slab. This tells you how to hit the switches, which in turn lower the pegs. What's in the box? Not a key... no, that's going to be part of a sidequest you can initiate outside of the dungeon. Which would provide a motive for stepping in here before you can actually defeat the dungeon.

#17 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:36 AM

Twilight-Prince, while the pillars are cool, and you've certainly nailed the moody overgrown ruin atmosphere there just isn't enough here for me to get excited about.  the grass seems a bit too bright for the rest of the palette, and the perspective of the walls especially the tops and corners looks off compared to the broken pillars.  also, i'm not really sure why the ruin would have two different floor tiles laid over each other - bricks laid over mosaic tiles?  

Actually, technically it's the mosaic tiles over the brick. It's meant to show that the mosaic tiles have very much degraded over the hundreds of years this temple has been abandoned.

But thanks for the honest critique~

#18 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

Ywkls, I think you've made a bunch of improvement in such a short time; good job!

The others all are starting to blend together to me in a snes-gba haze. They do look good though.

Ultimately I voted Zelda player because it was the most distinctive to me. I liked Moosh's too, though.

(I'm a sucker for classic/classic-styled tilesets)

• ywkls likes this

#19 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

Actually, technically it's the mosaic tiles over the brick. It's meant to show that the mosaic tiles have very much degraded over the hundreds of years this temple has been abandoned.

But thanks for the honest critique~

Well, realistically, it would PROBABLY be better if you used something to represent either cement or dirt, rather than brick, since mosaic probably wouldn't be applied over brick in a real temple. Other than that, it was my favorite shot, and I voted accordingly.

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

So, ready for this week's treats...

ZeldaPlayer - I'm liking those graphics more and more.  Good job.

Twilight-Prince - Fantastic floor and wall tiles, and I like how the entrance hints at the darkness to come.

Moosh - Moosh does classic, and does it well.  I love that entrance door to the tower.  Great usage of perspective in a tileset that hardly ever shows it.

Avataro - Another loveable GB screen.

ywkls - No time like the present for a temple of time screen.  You work well with shades of purple and angles.

Demonlink - Another very loveable screen.

I couldn't decide this week based on screen design, because all of them show great skill at that.  To find flaws in any of them likely requires a considerable amount of observation time.  So ultimately it came down to either uniqueness or amount of risk.  Moosh wins for me on risk, as it stretches the potential of classic, and Twilight-Prince wins for me on uniqueness, as it's not often you see dungeons screens anything like this.  After a few minutes of staring, I chose Twilight-Prince, as I most want to see that in SotM.

#21 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

With 39.62% of the vote, this week's shot master is Twilight-Prince! Congrats. :)

Twilight-Prince.png

ZeldaPlayer (6 votes [11.32%])
Twilight-Prince (21 votes [39.62%])
Moosh (16 votes [30.19%])
ywkls (3 votes [5.66%])
Demonlink (1 votes [1.89%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight-Prince, Moosh, Avataro, ywkls, Demonlink, ZeldaPlayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users