Cave Story Final Boss Tips (Ballos)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Okay, so in Cave Story I got past what's known in the game as "Hell" and I can get to Ballos with minimal damage, but when I fight him, I'll lose right when I'm getting ready to finish off his third phase. It's been getting annoying having to go through hell (literally, since that's the name of the place) to get back to him.

I was wondering if anyone here has any tips on how to handle this guy?

My weapons I have (if you need to know) include:
Spur
Missile Launcher
Fireball
Bubbler
Nemesis

Equipment:
Whimsical Star
Life Pot
Booster v2.0
Arms Barrier
Curly's Air Tank
Tow Rope

I know most of the equipment I named is unnecessary, but I am just trying to give you guys an idea of my status.

Thanks in advance,
~Sepulcher

#2 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Which one is the third form? The one when he's floating in the center with platforms?

#3 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

No, the one where he has the eyes surrounding him and he's moving around the screen in a circle.

Youtube video for reference.

Edited by Sepulcher, 11 September 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#4 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hm, the only advice I can think of is to take your time and take out the eyes as carefully as you can. This video may (and I do mean "may") help in some regards.

#5 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Okay, I'm going to give it another go. Attempt number 10,000 here I come! icon_lol.gif

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Sep 11 2012, 07:53 PM) View Post

My weapons I have (if you need to know) include:
Spur
Missile Launcher
Fireball
Bubbler
Nemesis

Well there's your problem? Where's the sword? The level 3 sword does wonders on him. Mostly during the fourth phase, admittedly, but does quite well during the third as well.

My advice? Use the spur, just aim up and shoot like made, dodge the skulls, and find the right place to stand on the ground when he makes a low sweep. It's, admittedly, mostly muscle memory. It's phase 4 where the strategy comes in (and by strategy I mean kill him quickly or get destroyed).

#7 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Sep 12 2012, 12:11 AM) View Post

Well there's your problem? Where's the sword? The level 3 sword does wonders on him. Mostly during the fourth phase, admittedly, but does quite well during the third as well.

My advice? Use the spur, just aim up and shoot like made, dodge the skulls, and find the right place to stand on the ground when he makes a low sweep. It's, admittedly, mostly muscle memory. It's phase 4 where the strategy comes in (and by strategy I mean kill him quickly or get destroyed).

I traded the sword for the Nemesis. And I don't think I can go back since I saved in the Prefab House......icon_unsettled.gif If I just kept my save from earlier I would have been able to go to the little man and trade it back.

Thanks Russ! icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I took your advice and I beat him. I used a combination of the spur and the level 3 missile launcher.

Edited by Sepulcher, 12 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users