Allow "Dmap Intro" to take a string

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:17 AM

Basically what it says on the tin - allow the "Dmap Intro" to link to a string for what to display. It'd be nice if the intro string had all the features that strings generally have (and Hoff's Message Script can't be made to work as the dmap intros do, afaik, especially for dungeons with multiple entrances), at the very least so it can display on all the palettes that the dungeons use.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:51 AM

If DMap intro strings could be made to work with string control codes, that'd allow for this and much more.

#3 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

Just use a door repair screen. Then put the string there and there it's one time see. This does have the problem of only appearing on the one screen though. 

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:02 PM

I recall this being mentioned as something we'd like to add (being able to just use a string as the intro)

#5 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:22 AM

Just use a door repair screen. Then put the string there and there it's one time see. This does have the problem of only appearing on the one screen though. 

If it were a matter of just having a string, Hoff's Message script would be enough (what I've been using so far). The thing is, Dmap intro has a bunch of behaviours that are really useful (mostly appearances on multiple screens, but only once per visit), but is limited by the fact that you can't do anything more than a basic string.

Actually, extra note, would it be too much to ask for a 'don't display intro string' Screen flag? Would make multi-floor dungeons less tedious to visit :P.

(To be clear, the way I see it, you'd put it on entry screens for the Dmap which you don't want to display the string.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users