Legend of Zelda: Forgotten Hero

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

Ok, thanks Shoshon.  I did try the ocarina for a while but that location seemed to come up so I thought it didn't work.  Maybe you need all 8 triforce pieces?  Or maybe the RNG never chose that location in my small sample of tries. 

Anyway, I've now completed the game.  I got up to the bonus level for selecting the third choice of what I wanted to happen but I don't have the red gem and it could be hidden anywhere and I overlooked it.  Thanks a lot for it.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#17 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

Yeah. The ocarina only takes you in there in one of the eight warps at that point. You also have to play it in the same direction each time.

The other warps take you to various tamer caves.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#18 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:50 PM

So I had someone playing through the quest in 2.53 who had no issues. That makes me more confused on why there were issues for my tester.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#19 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:15 PM

I'm royally confused on this as well....and I'd like to know what the cause was.
I haven't had this issue at all since I upgraded from a store bought Toshiba Laptop.....

And since I'm a active tester for quite a few.....I need to know if there's something going one I need to know about. 

I don't want to mistest at all let alone due to strange ZC issues. If the reasons for my crashes are ever figured out....please let me know....

#20 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

I think I had a breakthrough on figuring out the potential crashing issue. If it gets confirmed to be what I suspected, I will update the file to alleviate the potential for crashing.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#21 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

There are small but minor differences between each Zelda Classic version and if your quest relies on a "bug" that was fixed in a later version of Zelda Classic then if someone plays the quest in that later version they will not be playing it as you intended.  That's why you need to specify which version of Zelda Classic a player should be using to play your quest or continally keep testing your quest with the latest version of ZC to make sure its compatible.

You might also want to tell the player that they need the full triforce before using the Ocarina and that they must face the same direction on each blow for it to be useful otherwise its likely people could easily get stuck there.

Edited by James24, 14 July 2019 - 10:15 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#22 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:02 AM

I used 2.53....because its pretty much been proven to be bug free with 2.50, 2.5.2 and even 2.10. And I'm struggling for saves in my 2.5.2 folder. Hero Of Dreams was the guinea pig for that one.

But Shoshon tested Forgotten Hero in 2.53 himself after all of my issues....and it didn't crash on him at all. 

#23 deme

deme

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:59 AM

Is this some kind of glitch or do I have to do something? 

20uo6cy.png 

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#24 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

Use the Whistle...Let the whirlwind blow you to the block directly left of where you're standing.

• deme and Lüt like this

#25 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:55 AM

Potentially critical update.

I have just updated the quest to make changes that I believe will fix all crashing issues that could be found in the quest.

You do not NEED to make the update at the moment, but if you experience a crash, make sure to update first, the issue may already have been fixed.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#26 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

First off, I love the challenge in the quest.  it has been a little bit since I played one that knocked me around like a leaf in the wind.

I have been virtually all over the map, found majority of the bosses, but did have a question.

I believe i may have use a key out of order in Level 4.  I have been all over the map there and have no where else I can go, unless i can get through a locked door.

Is that a possibility to use a key out of order there, and if so, is there a shop on the map i can but a key from?  I thought i saw one, but could be confusing different quests.

Would love to continue this and see how it all plays out.

#27 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

If I recall....it should be possible to find all the keys in every dungeon before even needing to use one.
I don't recall where they are....but double check your space bar map and make sure you've been to all the rooms you can get to. There are three bomb-able walls in the dungeon....so be on the lookout for those too. Also make sure you're clearing out all the enemies in every single room.

#28 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

If I recall....it should be possible to find all the keys in every dungeon before even needing to use one.
I don't recall where they are....but double check your space bar map and make sure you've been to all the rooms you can get to. There are three bomb-able walls in the dungeon....so be on the lookout for those too. Also make sure you're clearing out all the enemies in every single room.

This. Every dungeon in the quest was tested to assure that you could not use keys out of order. You can get EVERY key before opening ANY locked door in EVERY dungeon.

Check for rooms with strong enemies, at the end of paths or with different layouts. I tend to hide stuff there.

Check for blocks that look like they throw off symmetry. Sometimes you need to push them.

If you have a map, look at the map to see if there's a room you haven't reached. Sometimes you can reach them with bombs. I'm pretty sure you can use the spin attack to test walls.

As a last resort, continue on with the quest until you can buy the lens of truth, and go back to level 4.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#29 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

I show boss battles in this quest, I will add videos gradually if no problem.

https://www.youtube....as any problem.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 27 August 2019 - 10:19 AM.

#30 Kendiggity973

Kendiggity973

• Members

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

where do i find the hoolshot ive been looking for hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users