Photo

Screenshot of the Week 38

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:30 AM

Oh dear lord... this is just excessive. I would have voted for Mr. Z's sunshine woods, but the name is alarmingly deceptive. I would have thought it was from a swamp or something. I also would have chosen Petoe's, but it used too much blue for the walls. icon_shrug.gif I would have chosen link3505's, but it was a bit too green, and it was just... mostly forest, with a road. The other little effects were cool though. icon_wink.gif I probably would have voted for Teilyr's, but there wasn't anything at all happening on it. If there was even a little bit more activity there, like a speech, I probably would have clicked its button... I think FlameArrorStar had the greatest chance of me voting for ... FlameArrowStar. He has some great layering stuff happening there, and I want to know approximately how much of that I can walk on. icon_snide.gif That would be such a great dungeon if it did that throughout.

#17 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 10:48 AM

Mr Z's screenshot evokes out cool warmth icon_razz.gif

Rest are not bad too icon_smile.gif

#18 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:47 PM

link3505 is smoking the other dudes hineys.

petoe is in second but I never thought that shot was impressive.

Oh well...that's why everyone gets to vote.

#19 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:56 PM

Why do we have to repeat this: If you say something about the screenshots, you have to give reasons why you think how you think. Comments like "The screenie owns you all!!" or "it's not impressive" are not enough. So could you please try to obey the new rule... and of course all the old rules too here? icon_sigh.gif

#20 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Oct 16 2003, 02:56 PM)
Why do we have to repeat this: If you say something about the screenshots, you have to give reasons why you think how you think. Comments like "The screenie owns you all!!" or "it's not impressive" are not enough. So could you please try to obey the new rule... and of course all the old rules too here? icon_sigh.gif

I have no idea if that was directed to me or not, so just ignore this if it wasn't. I did say why I liked his shot, I liked his trees funny little trees. (I also liked the path and everything else in the shot.) It also wasn't like I was putting any of the other shots down. Also note that when I said it wasn't hard to choose, that was because I loved link3505's shot so much (which I also said in my previous post), not because the others where bad. The shots are all good in there own way...I just really like link3505's. Also, when I said it owns you all, I was just having a bit of fun. Am I truly ever serous when I say things like "It owns you all!!!!111"? icon_eyebrow.gif Also note that I didn't have time to come up with reasons for which shots are good, why I voted or didn't vote for it and such because I had to go to bed in a few minutes.

EDIT: Oh sure, after reading Petoe's post it seems this big post goes to waste. That's just the way it goes, isn't it? icon_razz.gif

Edited by King Cool Link, 16 October 2003 - 08:23 PM.

#21 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(King Cool Link @ Oct 16 2003, 03:47 PM)
I have no idea if that was directed to me or not, so just ignore this if it wasn't.

I don't think it was. I think it was aimed at System Error.

#22 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2003 - 04:49 PM

In this case, it was directed to System Error and phil.

#23 Matt

Matt

Come on!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2003 - 04:15 PM

None of them really caught my eye this time. icon_confused.gif

Mr. Z - The smiling rock ruined it for me.

Petoe - The cashiers forehead looks odd.

link3505 - The flowers look like fried eggs, and the caption is lacking.

Teilyr - The Triforce (?) pieces on the right side there are colored weird. Some of the pieces of the fringe on the curtain are placed too closely together. The two large tassels look like forks.

FlameArrowStar - The map at the top is too boring. Link doesn't have enough rupees. The room is confusing, and it makes my head hurt.

#24 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 October 2003 - 11:51 AM

FlameArrowStar - The map at the top is too boring. Link doesn't have enough rupees. The room is confusing, and it makes my head hurt.

Uh... what's so great about Link having alot of rupees? He just spent alot to buy the *spoiler alert*. And your head hurts... There have been many rooms that are more confusing than this one.

Edited by FlameArrowStar, 18 October 2003 - 11:52 AM.

#25 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 October 2003 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(FlameArrowStar @ Oct 18 2003, 11:51 AM)

Uh... what's so great about Link having alot of rupees? He just spent alot to buy the *spoiler alert*. And your head hurts... There have been many rooms that are more confusing than this one.

umm.... Notice who that is from. icon_razz.gif

#26 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:42 PM

Ok fine petoe...I didn't like your shot because I think it's very cartoony and sloppy looking, actually very few of your shots have even come close to impressing me.

I don't think their as great as you think they are.

#27 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:56 PM

Thank you, phil icon_smile.gif

That was the kind of answer I was looking for. And try to remember to give those reasons next time too so that the staff doesn't have to remind you.

#28 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:23 PM

your welcome, although i didn't think you would appreciate it.

#29 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:35 PM

You'd be surprised at how much people actually want negative feedback. icon_wink.gif I went out of town Friday and didn't get a chance to close this. link3505 wins. If a SS doesn't mind could they update the pic. I don't have enough time right now.

#30 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:25 PM

Mr.Z because it's just cool. Well at least I think it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users