• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

Alright! I am done.

Give me one more day clear up just a few things from the Beta Testers and you all can play.

Thank you all very much for all the help and inspiration. If someone told me I'd get chance to make my own Zelda quest when I was kid I would have said they were crazy. Here we are thought.
  • Mani Kanina, Eddy, Moosh and 2 others like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

Congrats on the finished quest! Seems like you just blew through development on this one where many would've slowed down. I'm excited to give it a try.

• Mani Kanina and Lynel Richie like this

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, GJ on wrapping up the project. I'm not sure if I will give it a spin personally, but I'm definitively interested in how the quest ended up being.

• Lynel Richie likes this

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:18 PM

Congratulations on getting it done! I know when I finished my first quest it was an exciting and surreal experience, like a "I can't believe I actually did it!" kind of experience. I can imagine you're probably feeling something similar right about now.

I'll make sure to give it a go when it comes out.

#5 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

Congratulations! Finishing stuff is such a great feeling. I might give it a swing. Looking through the screenshots ... I must ask that you leave poor Will alone.

#6 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

I put it at midnight. Have any of you tried it? Someone reported a runtime error and I'm freaking out. 

#7 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:37 AM

Someone reported a runtime error and I'm freaking out. 

That'll happen if you open a 2.55 current-alpha quest in an older-alpha build.

The current alpha is 74. As a test, I opened the quest in alpha 28, and it also crashed with a runtime error. However, it loads in alpha 74 perfectly fine.

This is likely because quest file structure is still being expanded to accommodate more data amounts and more data types, so when older versions try to read amounts and types of data that they're not made to handle, they don't know what to do with it and have no other choice than to stop functioning.

Just be sure people are using the ZC version the quest was built in as their minimum program version and it should be fine.

• Bagu and Lynel Richie like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users