Photo

Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015 - which one?

xbox one ps4 streaming windows 10 zelda

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which one would you choose?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

Gotta go with the PS4 overall. PS4 focuses on being a gaming console first while making all those extra features an afterthought. As an entertainment center device, the Xbox ONE wins, but for me, I don't need those features. Sony also excels in JRPGs which is a huge plus for me. I don't think Xbox will ever get a JRPG outside of Square Enix again. 

But for this generation, I'm all PC/Wii U/PS4. The Xbox ONE is an irrelevant system to me. Microsoft only cares about the dirtiest ways to milk you for money.

#IfVentusdidnotalreadyhaveaPS4

For gods sake please release Bloodborne on Xbox one.. or Last of us.. or ?

It will never happen. 

Edited by Dawnlight, 04 May 2015 - 06:35 PM.

• Ventus likes this

#17 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

I originally voted for the XBox One, but then I cancelled it and voided my vote.

I'm neutral in this Xbox One/PS4/Wii U debate, but the PC absolutely slaughters them outright in terms of graphics and versatility.

#18 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

The ONLY issue with the PS4 as far as I can tell, is that it is a Sony product and we've all seen how good Sony is at securing peoples personal details & credit card info etc. If you overlook that, their the clear winner :P

• The Satellite and Russ like this

#19 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

wow, thank you all for your response.

Didn´t think that, most of you are americans, that you are some way of "pro PS4". Yeah there are some cool JRPGS.. released on PS4.. could you list some? I don´t know many of them.. only FF 15 and Dark Souls 1,2 ;-)

#20 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Star Ocean V will be PS4 only. "Tales of" may or may not be on XBox, but I'm not sure either way--won't be done until 2016/17 though. That's about all the JRPGs (exclusives?) I know about. The PS4/XBone hardware is so similar that I'd think most game studios without special contracts would release to both consoles.

Anybody know which one is built/designed better?
The RROD on 360s was pretty egregious, however I've heard some PS3's would have problems the longer they were left on (cooling?). Someone should do a stress test on both--leave them on for a month straight with the left stick taped.

#21 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Definitely the Sony PS4.

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 05 May 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#22 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

Jrpgs arriving on the PS4 is as listed (As far as I know)...

1. Final Fantasy XV
  2. Star Ocean V
  3. Tales of Zestiria
  4. Persona 5
  5. Disgaea 5
  6. Kingdom Hearts III

• MaximusFred and Dawnlight like this

#23 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Get A Wii U and a decent gaming computer. :tard:

Seriously, you can play about 90% of all games if you have the Nintendo system and a decent gaming computer. IMO, you don't buy consoles for features; you buy them for the games. And the Wii U has the best exclusives IMO. I can get features out of my computer or phone; gaming systems are exclusively for gaming in my world.

I nulled my vote by the way.

I guess if you're a Halo fan or you really want one of these games, get an XBox One.

Go with PS4 if you really like JRPGs or If one of these games appeals to you.

Edited by Beefster, 06 May 2015 - 04:38 PM.

• MaximusFred likes this

#24 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

Ok, ok, cool man.

Hmm, another thought: Should I really throw around 10k Xbox Gamerpoints from Xbox360 away.. if I should change to Sony.. hmm  :confused:

Yeah, at the momentan I'm a Xbox360 and PS3 owner.. Liked the Xbox360 more..

Edited by MaximusFred, 07 May 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#25 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

PS4 is the winner, you can hand your game to a friend and they can play it without issue.

Well, except you can also do that on the Xbox One. Physical copies are physical copies. :P

So, I haven't been satisfied with my Xbox One as a gaming console. It just hasn't really had anything that's held my attention, and after the mess that was the Halo: MCC launch (with some issues still persisting), I just kind of got turned off to it. I do most of my gaming on the Wii U or PC now.

That said, I use my Xbox One daily. It's basically the centerpiece of my entertainment center. I use the voice controls on the Kinect for pretty much everything and I really like it for that purpose. So if that matters to you, it nails that.

I can't speak to the PS4, since I just got my hands on one, but there are more games on it that appeal to me right now than on the Xbox One. And honestly, the controller is better on the PS4 to me.

• HavoX likes this

#26 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Both choices pale in comparison to a gaming computer with a USB controller.  The consoles are trying to catch up to the computers in terms of power, but it'll never happen.  As they grow, the computers grow even more, and much faster.

BUT

Go with the PS4 for the better controller and the RPGs.  XBox's exclusives basically amount to FPSes anyway, so you'll get more variety out of the PS4.

#27 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Wow, I just noticed "No Man's Sky" for PS4... and of course Bloodborne.. if I can play such games I think  I can forget Xbox One and my former Xbox Gamerpoints (around 10000)...

http://www.polygon.c...ntillion-worlds

#28 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Well, except you can also do that on the Xbox One. Physical copies are physical copies. :P

Iirc Microsoft wanted to use a CD Key DRM system like everyone uses for PC games. They did back down, eventually.

#29 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Iirc Microsoft wanted to use a CD Key DRM system like everyone uses for PC games. They did back down, eventually.

Right, they backed down almost immediately. I guess my point is more that it's just not a true statement at all anymore. :P

#30 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

Wow, I just noticed "No Man's Sky" for PS4... and of course Bloodborne.. if I can play such games I think I can forget Xbox One and my former Xbox Gamerpoints (around 10000)...

http://www.polygon.c...ntillion-worlds

It's very easy to grind for trophies on PlayStation. I was at around 14k Gamerscore when I got my PS3 so I know how it feels for you. As of today I got to trophy level Lv 14 with 8 Platinum trophies. There are several games today that are incredibly easy to get the Platinum trophy. Infamous Second Son, First Light, and Shadow of Mordor are great examples.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one, ps4, streaming, windows 10, zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users