• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

I thought this would be a useful thread to make, to sprout some ideas for quests! Post all your story and quest ideas her that you're willing to share. :)

I'll post one of my old ones!

Resurrection and Renewal: Link goes on a quest to find out what happened to his sister, who disappeared after his grandfather dies unexpectedly. He learns that he must grace against the clock to get three relics before the enemy does. But this comes with a catch. One someone with a good heart touches the Gate to Heaven (Or something specific, really), the world will be destroy and start anew. If someone with an evil heart touches it, the world will simply become destroyed, with no life onwards. (If you want the full story, feel free to PM me) :)

• Shane, LinkFan212 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#2 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

That reminds me of Mother 3's Seven Needles plotline. Basically there are 7 Golden Needles that keep a great power sealed beneath the island. If a person with a good heart pulls them, good stuff happens to the world; if a person with a bad heart pulls them, bad stuff happens to the world; if a person with no heart pulls them, the world will cease to exist.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

A mini-quest where young Koume and Kotake go on a journey to find ice and fire gems that grant them their powers.

Both girls would be playable and have unique magical abilities, and the player would have to switch between them to progress. The only thing that stumps me here is it's no fun playing as witches who don't have their signature powers, so probably they would already have an affinity for ice and fire but would need the gems to truly master it.

Hey, look! You can even see the gems on their foreheads in their later years!

hqdefault.jpg

• ShadowTiger, Jared, Demonlink and 3 others like this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

How about one where a "God" requests you to save his land from an evil cult from releasing a "Demon" he sealed long ago. You and the islanders have no memories, but dreams of a distant land. So you must put an end to the cult, right? But what if this cult were the original islanders and this "Demon" wasn't all that evil......?

I think twists like these are amazing. :D

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#5 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

LINK  & Shadow Link : work together .    or simply this:  

images.png  

You play LINK on one side of the World, = Shadowlink the Shadowy side - in replacing the Wall painting 3DS concept with you being the Shadow-LINK, of your former self to reach new locations Normal Link cannot in all Dungeons/Overworlds.

The easiest way to do this sprite switch is having the Non-shield Link sprite replaced by Shadow Link or something.

'Which i have done for my Mermaid transformation.*

Have 2 of the same Overworld - D Maps 1 for Normal link / D map 2 clone One for Shadow Link.

(Always dis-allow Normal Link's shield item in the shadow realm Dmaps but make up his defense some other way somehow.)   Shadow Link can automatically already have a shield also perhaps.

A mini-quest where young Koume and Kotake go on a journey to find ice and fire gems that grant them their powers.

Both girls would be playable and have unique magical abilities, and the player would have to switch between them to progress. The only thing that stumps me here is it's no fun playing as witches who don't have their signature powers, so probably they would already have an affinity for ice and fire but would need the gems to truly master it.

Hey, look! You can even see the gems on their foreheads in their later years!

hqdefault.jpg

The witch ideas are cool, however 'HAVE it so the witches start out as Normal beautiful females : that get cursed by something or someone by the end of the Quest as their fate, or perhaps -  Many many years later they just grow SUPER 9000 years later old and look like how they always have in the N64 games.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 February 2015 - 05:57 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#6 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Well, they'd be young girls, so I can't imagine them being as gnarly-looking as they are as old women. Maybe their powers artificially extend their age, or gradually warp their appearance over time ... 

The idea of Link and Shadow Link sounds pretty neat. Traversing a shadow world like in Mario 2.

Shane: I also like twists like those. For some reason, it reminds me of the twist from an old rpg called Grandia 2.

Spoiler

• Shane and SkyLizardGirl like this

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

You guys should Combine 'Shanes idea' with the 'Witches' - with that of the shadow link thing perhaps.

(Am not sure though..)  *

1 game needs many more than 1 concept to make it virtually - 'flexibly mobile of a plotline.'

'Majora's Mask 64'  had many plot- themes for different missions in it, i do recall.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 February 2015 - 08:11 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

True indeed. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if a few well-established plotlines were shown to intersect in unique but satisfying ways, and certainly ways that would be deemed feasible.

Because that's a fairly intimidating thing to do, I'd rather create my own completely unique story. Sadly though, the majority of stories that I come up with in my head are in some way based on some other story. I keep finding myself heavily inspired by Tales of Symphonia, Doctor Who, Unreal Tournament, (Yeah, really. :odd: ) and some other oddballs here and there.

Still, the dream lives on...
  • Jared, Demonlink and SkyLizardGirl like this

#9 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

I like games like Star-Ocean III 'till the end of time.'

(They all find out they're in a 'giant virtual galaxy of video-game based world basically'  lol..*)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 February 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

That reminds me of Mother 3's Seven Needles plotline. Basically there are 7 Golden Needles that keep a great power sealed beneath the island. If a person with a good heart pulls them, good stuff happens to the world; if a person with a bad heart pulls them, bad stuff happens to the world; if a person with no heart pulls them, the world will cease to exist.

Stop ruining my ideas. >_> <_< (I thought it was obvious that's where it came from :P)

• Demonlink likes this

#11 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

A nice quest idea I'd love to see in either a Zelda Game or ZC quest is to see the true origins of the Triforce, and for a dramatic twist, would be that this golden power is the undoing and key to ruin of Hyrule, causing the land to restore to its Natural Order, chaos. 

Another idea that just popped up in my head would be how Ganondorf was raised. (Not sure if I might use this idea BTW :P ). Basically, Ganondorf (being a child that is) has lived all his life under the dictatorship of some special bandit in the Gerudo Desert. This leads to him be the protagonist of a series of events, where in the end this bandit/dictator destroys his hometown, powering his anger and hatred towards this figure. Hence, this becomes the beginning of Ganondorf Dragmire's corruption and path towards evil. I dunno, it would be a cool idea, but it wouldn't make sense considering Demise's curse...

Now, if you guys would prefer a non Zelda story, something related to meeting a bad guy, where in the end you team up with this guy to beat another more powerful villain in the plot. However, this bad guy you team up with has lived a cool bad ass life, which has influenced his decisions on what path to follow. 

Edited by Demonlink, 11 February 2015 - 10:29 PM.

• Jared likes this

#12 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

the meme-ish one. with Courage Wolf, Insanity Wolf replaces Ganon.  Everything will be a theme gimmic level idea. All enemies will be replaced by those advise animals

it should be story heavy, with lots of heart. and

i just don't know anymore.

• Shane likes this

#13 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

this story is not linked to the legend of Zelda ... in the first part and you're an orphan living with other children and a kind person who takes care of you , but one day the monsters attack the village and burn the orphanage , all kids  escape and you have to find your little friends and girlfriend, at mid game you save the last child and defeat those who started the fire  and all seem end but a second part start..... 10 years later you are a young adult, and suddenly you are invited the coronation of the new king , you discover that is one of your friends who was adopted by the king , I write the rest if you are interested

#14 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

convert Shadow of the Colusus into a a zc type quest so it looks like a counterfit game.

that girly quest, where it is like they made a sparkle-girl quest, with levels and areas that are in the clouds with rainbows and stuff. and your items are girly. 

the escape quest game where you start in dungons and give up all the items and hearts, so you end the game with nothing and 3 hearts. "save yourself Princess"

you finish my insideout zelda 1 first quest as well as my "side scrolling zelda 1 first quest.  I tell you what to do.

#15 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

I had this idea a long time ago, but never got to it...

You start on an island. Don't know nothing, and have only a dull sword. Your items are gone, and you aren't for sure if someone put you on here, or you shipped wrecked. Either way, you lost. So you explore, and then you find a scroll like paper that explains something...but it's ripped in a tiny piece. So you must travel through the island to find the rest of the pieces to find out who you are and what's gone on. Then after finding the usual "8 pieces" you learn that you shipwrecked here trying to save a random kingdom and such. So you go out to finish your job.

Edit as you must, but that's pretty much all I got. All the other ideas I have, I will use in my later quests. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users