• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#16 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Aug 22 2011, 12:30 PM) View Post

If you mean by getting all the Achievements, then good luck finding all the hidden items. Having your Immortals learn all skills and the Treasure Trove achievement are the hardest achievements to earn.

Here are the games that I'm playing:

Catherine - Doing my second playthrough on Normal. After beating the game, I never thought pushing blocks would be THAT addicting
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - I just started playing this. It's a very good action game. This game supposedly has an awesome storyline. I laughed so hard when the main character Monkey distracts enemies by yelling "HEY!" with his arms spread out. icon_lol.gif
NIER - I also got this recently. It was on clearence in Best Buy so I snagged it. While this game got poor reviews, people have been saying it is the most underrated game on the 360/PS3. So far, I'm loving the feel of it. The soundtrack is amazing. But the graphics sure take a hit. This game looks like it could be done on the Wii.

Yeah i'm going for the achievements as well, I already had them all once But My Xbox360 Got the red Ring of death and i lost
All of my hard work
But Anyway i should have no problem Just have to put another 300+Hours Back in this game Again :lol

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Aug 22 2011, 12:40 PM) View Post

It's absolutely brilliant. The plot of it all hooks you right away.
Spoiler

That sounds very intriguing I have to get it some time when i get the extra Cash icon_biggrin.gif

#17 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Currently playing through

Sonic Heroes. Intending to get all emblems. I don't really care about getting a ranks for Super Hard mode.

Cave Story. Intending to get the Best Ending, have only previously played up to the point of the Bad Ending.

Sam & Max (All Seasons), but currently going through them very slowly. I'm only on Episode 4 of Season 1. And I bought them a few months ago, can't remember exactly when. It was during the steam Summer Sale, I know that.

#18 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Picked up and am playing Ocarina of Time 3D. Wooooooo.

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 22 2011, 02:26 PM) View Post
Sonic Adventure 2 - I'm trying to get all the emblems and unlock Green Hill Zone before Generations comes out. And I'm failing miserably.
I can see you getting all the regular stage emblems in time, but good luck getting all the Chao ones. If it were up to me, I'd just AR it. I love my Chao, but I don't feel like spending that much time on 'em just so I can win a few measly races and karate matches. icon_sweat.gif

Anyways, my list of games that I have been attempting (and failing) to manage all at once:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Most of my time's been going into this and trying to beat the Master Quest mode. After which I intend to go back to the regular one and complete it 100%, then try to do the same for Master Quest. No word yet on whether or not I attempt any special challenge playthroughs of the game.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Borrowed this from my cousin a while ago, have only gotten one Crystal Star, I'm severely slacking off with this. Haven't touched it in several days. Need to, for crying out loud... But it's just not as fun as the original Paper Mario so far.
Super Mario Sunshine - Recently came up with an urge to hunt for more Shine Sprites and attempt to 100% the game. Sunshine is, I believe, more difficult to do that in than other Mario games with Stars. At least I think it's fun.
Super Mario Galaxy - Put this one off for a while, but still have the intent to beat Super Luigi Galaxy with 120 stars then get the last two stars in the game with both Mario and Luigi. Thankfully 100%'ing this is simpler. Actually, it might be the easiest Mario game in which to do that; I'm not sure. But eh.

And there you have it. I need to learn how to multitask video games better or November'll kill me. icon_heh.gif

#20 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I'm currently playing:

- Ocarina of Time, the 64 version. For some random reason I felt need to play this again, so that's what I'm doing.
- Cousin of Powers for Zelda Classic.

#21 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Got Arcana Heart 3 about a week ago. Really nice fighting game. Not nearly as good as Guilty Gear or BlazBlue, but its still good in its own unique ways. Its definitely more technical, and trickier to get the hang of than most other fighters I've played.

#22 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 22 2011, 02:03 PM) View Post
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Borrowed this from my cousin a while ago, have only gotten one Crystal Star, I'm severely slacking off with this. Haven't touched it in several days. Need to, for crying out loud... But it's just not as fun as the original Paper Mario so far.

Paper Mario 2 was my first Paper Mario game, and I loved every second of it, one of my favorite games of all time.
I recently bought the original Paper Mario and felt somewhat 'meh' about it. I mean, it was a lot like the second, only
the lack of audience and stylish moves really made the battles drag out, the characters weren't as well written,
Mario didn't have all the paper abilities, and the jokes weren't as funny. Paper Mario 2 did everything the original did,
only better.

Granted, that only shows that the developers made tons of improvements, but it still mystifies me that you have a hard
time appreciating the sequel. Speaking of PM2, I am pretty pissed that Mario can only get up to 99 BP (I love Badges).

Before PM2 I played the original Superstar Saga, haven't played any of the sequels or Super Paper Mario yet.
I did download and beat Super Mario RPG, which I was really looking forward to, but I found it to be kind of dull.

Edited by Cukeman, 22 August 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#23 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Steel Storm
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Digital Premium Edition
Bastion

#24 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

I's surprised to see so many people currently playing Ace Attorney games. Which is totally awesome, as the series deserves much more attention than it gets.
QUOTE(Russ @ Aug 22 2011, 01:26 PM) View Post

Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor - Okay, so technically that's not the official name for it, but it's the cooler name. It's a fun game, but definitely not up to par with the rest of the series. Only on case 2 so far.
That's because you haven't gotten to the fifth case yet. It's not just the best case in the game, it's one of the best cases in the entire series. That one case completely changed my opinion of the game (from mediocre, to almost as good as Trials & Tribulations.)

Anyways, I've been playing:

The Zelda of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Collecting those Triforce shards is a b****. Also, that one heart piece where you have to hit Orca 500 times.
Darksiders - This is an incredibly good game. It's a lot like the 3D Zelda games, but with combat reminiscent of the Devil May Cry or God of War series. On steroids. Seriously, your character is one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse, War. His sword in named Chaoseater. The horse is Ruin. Plus it has Mark Hamill in it. I'd highly recommend it.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Slowly playing this. Two weeks and I'm only going to Zora's River.

#25 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

^Orca's tricky, but I've never been able to beat the three guards in Spirit Tracks.

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

Getting to Orca, I remember, was actually fairly simple. I mean, all the way to 999 hits or 1,000. Eventually you'll reach a point where you realize "Okay, he'll let in *insert number of hits here* before trying to whack you, so hit him that many times, wait, do a parry attack (which counts as two hits), repeat." So what I did was grabbed my favorite CD, put it in, let it play as I tackled the challenge. And eventually I got it. So just keep at it. I think the number is four, by the way, but I can't recall for absolutely certain.

As for Paper Mario, well, I think I need to advance further but, so far, I don't care for the music, the battles don't seem as fun, and the environments aren't as well thought-out as the original. The characters and the writing are indeed good, but that's not the only thing that makes a game. I liked the story in the original, and how badass they made Bowser out to be. He actually succeeded in a plot. ... Mario just came back, as expected. Bowser was merely a comedic guy in TTYD (as far as I've seen). The environments in the original also seem more open, more clever, more fun, more intuitive. And had much more memorable music. That's why I prefer it.

#27 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

Yeah Bowser's a bloomin' idiot in this game lol, but at least he towers over his underlings.
Come to think of it, they poked a lot of fun at bowser in Super Mario RPG.

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Aug 22 2011, 10:10 PM) View Post

That's because you haven't gotten to the fifth case yet. It's not just the best case in the game, it's one of the best cases in the entire series. That one case completely changed my opinion of the game (from mediocre, to almost as good as Trials & Tribulations.)

Really? Cuz
Spoiler

#29 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - I'm up to the Snowpeak Ruins. This level is a pain in the butt when it comes to finding that bedroom key.
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure - Up to the Palace of Winds. The size scares me, it's not funny.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Finding those blinking triforce shades again. DEAR LORD.
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Looks like the campaign mode got the best of me halting my progress for now.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Currently playing as Toon Link (NES coloured) he is now ranked the most played, highest kills, highest damage given, highest jumping distance, longest swimming distance and highest damage recovered.
Final Fantasy XII - Just started can't wait to see what I verse.

I really wish Skyward Sword were on my list right now. icon_frown.gif

Edited by Midnight_King, 23 August 2011 - 03:48 AM.

#30 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Right now I'm playing these games:

Majora's Mask - Ehh... It's the first time I've seriously tried playing it. Right now I am going to Woodfall Temple.

Ocarina of Time (N64) - I'm doing an out of order run. Basically I did the first 3 dungeons out of order, and now I'm doing the same for the adult dungeons. I'm now heading for the shadow temple, so I can get the hover boots early.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users