Passage Through Time

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#16 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

The only shop that sells potions is near the Windswept Jail (where you get the Boomerang). To get there, you must open a cave to the north of Hyrule Castle (requires the arrows) go through it, switch the time to twilight, go through the cave on the far side and south.

I have no idea what's causing some people to find those chests empty. I'll have to do some investigation.

The NPC who wants the Bug Net is in the same area as the one who gives it to you, except at night. There's a bridge to the west of the dungeon which can be crossed then and he's on the far side.

The bomb and arrow shop in the castle should open when you have both the bomb and arrow and talk to the guy who tells you about it.

That script... it does this at times for reasons I don't understand. I quite literally have to be pixel-perfect about placing those FFC's. 

The feather is in the Volcanic Fissure. You won't be able to get there until you have the Magic Cape. (From the dungeon in the sky.) Once you do, cross those spikes near the Gerudo Stronghold to reach it.

I tried to do that when I just got the bombs and arrows and talked to the guy and he didn't unlock his shop.  Thanks for the tip about the net, it worked!

#17 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:51 AM

Missing a key in Volcanic Fissure:

7oL0Pea.png

Searching for that key in the vast 3-floored dungeon with no shortcuts is as difficult as finding needle in a haystack.

EDIT: And where the Alarm Clock should be used?

Edited by Alucard648, 11 November 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#18 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

Im stuck getting to the boss door in level 1... not sure how to get to the right of the bomb chest....

#19 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

Missing a key in Volcanic Fissure:

7oL0Pea.png

Searching for that key in the vast 3-floored dungeon with no shortcuts is as difficult as finding needle in a haystack.

EDIT: And where the Alarm Clock should be used?

The key that you're missing is probably the one that requires the Roc's Feather to acquire. It is on the left side of the gap in this room.

0Rrg4Py.png

The guy who wants the Alarm Clock is available at Dawn or Day hours in the village that is in the northeast corner of Hyrule. Getting there is a bit hard to describe, but here goes.

1. Make the time twilight. On the north side of Hyrule Castle, head east to the fort. Go through it to the far side. Head out the log pipe to the northeast.

2. Change the time to day in this village. Go through the east cave to the vines, climb them and go west to a save point.

3. Change the time to twilight. Continue on the path that doesn't go to the sky to reach a fort, which will take you to the village.

I tried to do that when I just got the bombs and arrows and talked to the guy and he didn't unlock his shop.  Thanks for the tip about the net, it worked!

I'll have to check how he's set up again. I haven't actually tested him myself.

Im stuck getting to the boss door in level 1... not sure how to get to the right of the bomb chest....

There is a room with a bombable wall that takes you to the boss door. It is in the room with the statue that shoots fireballs.

#20 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

I haven't run across a sky world yet.

#21 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:34 AM

The path to the sky is on the northeast side of Hyrule, near the village where you get the Hammer. (Which is required to climb the ladder leading to it.) If you follow the same directions I gave to reach the other village, you'll pass right by it.

#22 peachstar

peachstar

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

I'm in level 2 and looks like I need arrows to continue but I can't find them.  Was I supposed to get the arrows before starting level 2?

#23 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

I'm in level 2 and looks like I need arrows to continue but I can't find them.  Was I supposed to get the arrows before starting level 2?

The levels are 1-7 and A-G. The arrows are found in Level A, the Gerudo Stronghold.

To get there, start at the entrance to Hyrule Castle and change the time of day to night. Head east, north and east over the bridge; then south and west.

Change the time to day and go east, up the vines and in the tree.

The warp there puts you in the desert. A cave leading inside the Gerudo Stronghold is far to the east.

I'm going to upload a bug fix soon that will make the guy who tells you about the Bomb and Arrow shop in the castle functional. (His string control codes were messed up.)

After you hit the bottom left switch an extra switch appears and if you hit that switch last it works

If you could supply a screenshot of what it looks like with that extra switch onscreen, it would really help me on bug-fixing this, since it depends on the ffc placement and this problem can be hard to reproduce.

To those who have reported that certain chests have nothing in them- I just want to make sure I understand what's going on. Each of those large overworld chests has precisely one item in them. They don't have something different at other times of the day. If you went to a chest, opened it and found nothing... then that's a bug. Otherwise, it isn't.

Edited by ywkls, 11 November 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#24 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

It's a bug.  I don't have a raft, I also got nothing out of the one next to Level E and am unable to continue further.  The only levels I can access right now are the Volcanic Fissure and Level F, both of which require flippers.

Edited by phatjak69, 11 November 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#25 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

I still don't know what's causing that bug with the raft, but since it is required that you obtain it to progress, I'm going to make the following bug-fix. Instead of a chest in that room near where you get the hammer, I'm going to put just the raft sitting in there all by its lonesome. (I'd previously thought of making an NPC here, now it seems like too much trouble.)

I hope that this will allow those who have experienced this issue to continue enjoying the quest. It will be available as soon as the database accepts it. (Which means later today, or sometime tomorrow.)

#26 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

Got pink bracelet-like item named Working Compass. Where it should be used? I thought it`s to the guy in the isle with bomb octorocks, but nope...

#27 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

Got pink bracelet-like item named Working Compass. Where it should be used? I thought it`s to the guy in the isle with bomb octorocks, but nope...

Start from Link's house, at Dawn, go south and hookshot across. Head east and south to the maze. The recipient of the Working Compass is in the building on the far side.

There is an NPC in the Maze who'll give you a clue as to how to get through, if you have the Roc's Feather. This was added by request of one of my testers, since it is possible to forget that clue which is also given to you at the end of the Volcanic Fissure.

• Alucard648 likes this

#28 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

nevermind

Edited by Mister Snooze, 11 November 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#29 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

Also that save point at the bottom of the stairs to the sky does not work. You end up at another save place where the Gerado stronghold is.ugh!

#30 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Also that save point at the bottom of the stairs to the sky does not work. You end up at another save place where the Gerado stronghold is.ugh!

I should probably make an advisory statement with regard to the save points... they don't work as continue points on the overworld. To do that, I'd basically have to make each one of them their own separate DMap. I might do that at some point.

At least this version is better than the last one, where if you died on the northern DMaps and your last save was on a southern, you could continue in the wrong time of day and mess up the Day/Night script.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users