Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, that was the intention.

#33 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

So, this might be a stupid question, but why can't I pick up so many of those special items? I guess it's that there's a minimum heart requirement, but considering that I've already beaten the game and have 17 hearts, still not being able to pick them up makes it feel like the requirements are way too high.

Also, I found a shortcut in the final dungeon (at least, I'm presuming it's a shortcut, considering how wonky it is).

https://i.imgur.com/tPkFQdi.png

First, use the Jump Boots to position yourself as shown in image 1. Then walk upwards, making sure the stepladder appears in the tile above you rather than right under your feet (use the jump boots to reset the ladder if necessary), as shown in image 2. While on this tile, tippy-toe yourself towards the top-right edge of the ladder, making sure you don't fall off. Finally, jump diagonally up and to the right, aiming for the lone palm tree on the other side, as shown in image 3. It might take a few tries, but this allows you to just barely get across the gap, skipping out on at least the green switch (wherever that thing is) and one key, and quite possibly the entire west wing of the dungeon.

Edited by Neobullseye, 20 October 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#34 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Spoiler

#35 Neobullseye

Neobullseye

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Oh, the blue switch (the one needed to get to the left wing) was easy enough to find. It was the green switch (the one needed to get to the head)  that I couldn't seem to find, neither by just searching for it nor by checking the map. If I had to guess, I'd say it would be in the left wing, but I went through that place three times now without finding it.

#36 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

Spoiler

#37 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

I have updated the first post with a list of how much HP is required to pick up each item.

The newest update addresses every issue that has come up so far.

I have idea for future content, but it'll probably be some time before I get around to that, if I do.

#38 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

I have beaten the main story. Now while I am attempting to beat the crypt of shades, I'm stuck again :(

#39 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:09 PM

There's a couple screens you're missing at the top right of the map. You have to work your way around over there to get a key to get through the door.

#40 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:41 AM

There's a couple screens you're missing at the top right of the map. You have to work your way around over there to get a key to get through the door.

Sry I don't get it... I neither know where another entrance might be nor I can't use the ladder here...

#41 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

Sry I don't get it... I neither know where another entrance might be nor I can't use the ladder here...

Spoiler

#42 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

I didn't know you can do such a thing... Well got the item for the crypt. This quest is something I enjoyed so much. An NES Zelda styled quest taking part in the ancient greek times mixed with modern things. Looks like I need to play Zeus: Master of Olympus again. :clap: :rolleyes:

#43 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

Yeah. The idea with the mini dungeons was to mostly have you use optional items from other dungeons. The sewer was an exception.

But the aquarium required flippers, the Spartan Hideout required Athena's Blessing, the bomb shelter required the lyre, the crypt required the lyre, the shipyard required multiple items, and the ice pits required Athena's Blessing.

I understand though. I wasn't very clear. I could have put a hint somewhere in the desert.
Glad you enjoyed the quest though. My main goal was giving a fun experience.

#44 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

How do you light up the lamps in the shop at the Wind-up Factory?  Need to reverse the stair direction to access the relic.  Have tried fire boomerang and the original "candle" without success.  Incidentally, I have the fire cane, but it disappears from my inventory when I enter the wind-up factory.

​Also, where are levels 7 and 8? Thanks

---------------

NVM, figured it out.  Thanks anyways

Edited by zckrazee, 23 October 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#45 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Level 7 is the Wind-Up Factory. There's a Flame Scepter in level 7. It's on the right side of the factory. On the lower floor.

Level 8 is on an island in the middle of the overworld map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users