JoyToKey Doesn't Recognize All Buttons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

I bought an Afterglow wired XBox 360 controller for my computer just the other day because my cat chewed through the cord on my old controller and it doesn't work anymore. After a bit of plugin tinkering, I got Project64 working right with the controller, but my big problem comes with JoyToKey.

I need to use JoyToKey to be able to play GBA games using VirtualBoyAdvance, and I want to play a new Sonic fangame that just came out. (Sonic Chrono Adventure) When I need to use the shoulder buttons, I find the back ones more comfortable to use, but JoyToKey doesn't recognize them at all. I'll admit, it's not that important, and I seem to be able to get all my things to work well enough as it is, but if there's a way to get JoyToKey to register those two shoulder buttons, I'd really appreciate being able to set it up.

==EDIT==

I figured it out myself, but it has to be one of the strangest solutions ever. Apparently, the two rear shoulder buttons are registered as a third control stick, and I had to tell JoyToKey that there was more control sticks than there were. I don't know why it works that way, but that seems to be it.

Edited by kurt91, 18 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#2 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

I figured it out myself, but it has to be one of the strangest solutions ever. Apparently, the two rear shoulder buttons are registered as a third control stick, and I had to tell JoyToKey that there was more control sticks than there were. I don't know why it works that way, but that seems to be it.

I'm guessing that's because the triggers are supposed to be pressure sensitive, and it's easier to detect that by having a third joystick with each trigger assigned to a different axis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users